Solved

Due to the Coronavirus, are Boost Power giving out fuel vouchers?

• 10 April 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I was recently in touch with my local Citizens Advice Bureau and they said that, as a result of the Coronavirus, energy companies, including Boost, were providing free meter top ups to customers, especially vulnerable people. The vulnerable people they referred to included people like me - benefit recipients. They added that it was a result of government intervention during the virus outbreak. I phoned Boost and received a recorded message. I submitted an online form but I've heard nothing. My meter will soon run out but I don't get a benefit payment til April 22nd. Is my local Citizens Advice Bureau right?

icon

Best answer by Ed_Boost 13 April 2020, 14:58

Hi @COB7,

We know these are worrying times. Right now, we’re working hard to do all we can to keep everyone safe and make sure no one’s without power. 

We’re not offering a standard Fuel Voucher at the moment. But we’re supporting our members in lots of different ways. If you’re struggling and can’t pay your bills because of the effects of coronavirus, you could get help from the OVO Coronavirus Hardship Scheme.

You can read more about this here

If it’s an emergency and you are at risk of losing power, or if you can’t pay for your energy, please let us know as soon as possible: call us on 0330 102 7517 between 8am - 8pm Monday - Friday, or 9am - 5pm Saturday, or send us a message to our Facebook or Twitter pages, and we’ll do everything we can to help.  

Things are changing constantly at the moment. Every day we’re reviewing the support we’re offering and keeping our FAQs up to date with any important changes. 

We hope this info helps – and we hope you’re staying safe and well. 

Thanks

Ed

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @COB7,

We know these are worrying times. Right now, we’re working hard to do all we can to keep everyone safe and make sure no one’s without power. 

We’re not offering a standard Fuel Voucher at the moment. But we’re supporting our members in lots of different ways. If you’re struggling and can’t pay your bills because of the effects of coronavirus, you could get help from the OVO Coronavirus Hardship Scheme.

You can read more about this here

If it’s an emergency and you are at risk of losing power, or if you can’t pay for your energy, please let us know as soon as possible: call us on 0330 102 7517 between 8am - 8pm Monday - Friday, or 9am - 5pm Saturday, or send us a message to our Facebook or Twitter pages, and we’ll do everything we can to help.  

Things are changing constantly at the moment. Every day we’re reviewing the support we’re offering and keeping our FAQs up to date with any important changes. 

We hope this info helps – and we hope you’re staying safe and well. 

Thanks

Ed

Userlevel 1

Thanks for that.

Boost helped me out last week with this. Thanks very much.