Solved

Do I need to notify Boost when I move into a property?

• 22 July 2019
  • 8 replies

Ive moved into a property a few months ago and been using a top up card was I suppost to call to change the account holder?
Its a rented property and have no information on the tariffs ect
Happy woth supply but a bit confused
icon

Best answer by Emily_Boost 23 July 2019, 14:09

Hey @Gillies123,

It's best to have an account set up with us, so we know who's financially liable for the property, and also we can give you more details about Boost!

You can create an account with our Customer Care team, you can call them on on 0330 102 7517, they're here to help Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm. You can also check out our website for more details on our tariff!

Thanks ☺
View original

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
Hey @Gillies123,

It's best to have an account set up with us, so we know who's financially liable for the property, and also we can give you more details about Boost!

You can create an account with our Customer Care team, you can call them on on 0330 102 7517, they're here to help Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm. You can also check out our website for more details on our tariff!

Thanks ☺
Hi, ive just rented a new house, been given a boost card and tried to top up. It has been declined after numerous attempts to top up (with cash) no customer services available at the weekend and I'm going to be sat in the dark for 2 days with my kids if nothing can be done. Seems stupid to me, why can't I top up!??
Hello!
I have just moved into a rented house which has a pre-paid Boost electricity meter. How do I find out if it is a PAYG+ so I can top up online?

If it isn't PAYG+, how can I upgrade to make it so?

Thanks

Maggie
Userlevel 1
My wife ran off with the kids last month.

Our Boost account, whilst in her name, was entirely paid for via automatic direct debit from my bank account.

I have been at my parents' house since, but want to return home. However on logging on to the Boost app, I am told the account is inactive and to phone - and of course you're having a 'higher than usual' call volume.

I am disabled and struggle with the phone (in fact my mother is calling on my behalf). How can I get the account reactivated and put in my name?
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @MichaelBolton88!

I've moved your topic to this existing one to help answer your question.

If you check out @Emily_Boost's response above it will help you get sorted out.

@Maggie and Vicky - I've also moved your topic it here to help you with your question. If you follow the above advice, one of our advisor's can get you set up as either Pay as You Go Standard or Pay as You Go +. They'd be happy to answer any of your queries before you decide too to make sure you get the best out of your new set up!

All the best,
Userlevel 4
Badge
@Lenzar

Sorry to hear about your situation.

I'm sorry to hear you've been finding it difficult to call in at the moment, unfortunately you will need to do this in order to get the account set up in your name and in the preferred way you'd like to top up the account.

Remember our lines are open between 8am - 8pm, Monday to Friday so it may be best to wait until later in the day to make sure you can get through to someone.

Let me know how you get on,
Bradley
Userlevel 1
This was mostly sorted today. I phoned up and after half an hour of talking to a very helpful gentleman, got the account switched.
Userlevel 4
Badge
That's great to hear @Lenzar !