News

Check this out - EMERGENCY BOOST!

Check this out - EMERGENCY BOOST!
Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Updated 25/02/2020

🚨NEW APP FEATURE ALERT 🚨

What is Emergency Boost?

Instead of calling us when you’ve run out of credit, you can take control of your energy and borrow up to £30 credit straight from your app.

If your balance drops below £0 and you’re unable to top up, you can borrow up to £30 of extra credit to keep you on supply. The amount you borrowed will, of course, need to be paid back, and be added as debt to the meter with a 75p daily repayment rate.

How do I activate Emergency Boost?

🆘 Click the “Emergency Boost” button at the bottom of your home screen when your balance is below £0.
📅 Select the date you can next top up.
💰We’ll suggest an amount of credit to tide you over. Feel free to choose any of the amounts shown on the screen, or the suggested amount.
📲 Once you’ve selected an amount, your balance will be updated

Things to Remember:
0⃣ You can only activate Emergency Boost when your balance drops below £0
⬇ Your debt balance needs to be below £30 to activate Emergency Boost
💷 The maximum you can lend is £30

Take a look at this handy how to guide on our YouTube channel! 📹

24 replies

My meter runs out in 16 days but I don't get paid until either 31st March or 1st April can you help please thanks
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Take a look at this topic, @Manchester63! Let us know how you get on with our amazing new feature! 🙂
Lets hope this works when and of i run out, as was thinking about switching, will give boost a chance,
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Thanks for sticking with us, @Heavenly1872, the Emergency Boost feature is something our customers are finding very helpful, I hope you do too! ☺
Userlevel 4
Badge
Does it only show when you go into negative? Or do I need an update.
Userlevel 5
Badge
It'll give you the option when you go into your emergency period, @Smiter, so when your balance goes below £0.

Cheers,
Ed
This does NOT work there is nothing to click on to get the emergency credit.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
You need to be in a negative balance before you can activate the Emergency Boost feature, @Pudding.

If you're in a negative balance and the option is not appearing to select, as per the instructions above, you may need to update your app.

Hope this helps!
I Was in negative!! There is no emergency credit to click on so it does not work!!
Userlevel 5
Badge
@Pudding have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the app? This often sorts issues like this out.

Thanks,
Ed
deleted

there now open
Userlevel 3
Badge
Hi @sigspring , glad to hear you were able to get through to the team.

I've moved your post to this topic for future reference!

Have a good weekend!
Userlevel 1

Hi

I can't find this feature either... I've tried un installing and re installing as you suggested above 

I'm on - £7 and I don't get paid until Friday so could really do with the help right now!

Christine 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Christine1980,

Do you mean minus £7? If so, the option to add emergency boost will appear on your home page. You can’t do it while you’re in credit, or if you already have a debt balance loaded onto your account.

Thanks

Userlevel 1

Thanks Nancy I figured it out now.

I'm not the brightest spark😂

Christine x

Is it possible to increase my emergency credit on my gas and electric smart meter untill Friday 6th of march ?( my pay day) I  have recently changed my job.. I get paid monthly now but previously I was paid weekly!!

Userlevel 5
Badge

I’ve moved your message over here @Picklepie, as this topic should help you!

If you can’t get the emergency boost, or you’re not a PAYG+ customer, please get in touch.

Call us on 0330 102 7517, or send us a message on our Facebook or Twitter pages.

Thanks,

Ed

Hi there how do I access the £30 emergency credit ? I have the updated PAYG+ app but there are no links on there ? Many thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I’ve moved your question here @Beth.Holden,

Everything you need to know about Emergency Boost can be found above. 

Hope that helps,

Sorry realise this is an old post, but quick question we are using emergency boost at the moment but the amount showing as our balance is not going to do me till pay day. We have around £30 left in our emergency boost as we have been paying it off at the 75p a day rate.

Am I able to top up from the emergency boost or do I need to clear the full balance (£50) before I can use it again? 

Thanks in advance. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hey @Sheerdr0p,

I’ve you’ve been paying it off then you can extend the Emergency Boost again back up to the £50 limit. The option to do this will appear on your home page after your main balance goes below £0.

Hope this helps!

Hi there

my bank account has been cleared due to fraud and bank have cancelled my bank card, I have maxed out my emergency credit and meter is due to disconnect at 10am can my emergency credit be extended???

I’m struggling financially and can’t top up and going to go off supply at 10am

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @Staceyf83 and @MartynDYoung,

I’ve moved your post over here as the info in this topic is really useful!

If you’ve already used the Emergency Boost, it’s worth getting in touch with us to see if there’s anything else we can do. The number to call is 0330 102 7517, and they’re available to discuss this 8am - 8pm Monday - Fridays and 9am - 5pm Saturdays.

Thanks,

Ed