Solved

Can't log in to My Boost - can't reset password - what's happened?

• 20 September 2018
  • 47 replies

Userlevel 1
cant login from app as it doesnt recognise my email and password, strange seen as thought its saved in google and apple keychain. Tried to reset but doesnt recognise my email address. Im getting sick of boost, i never had this problem when it was OVO. I am holiday abroad and my son is at home and i am unable to top up cos of this useless provider. Im not ring up support frim abroad any ideas
icon

Best answer by Stuwats 20 September 2018, 20:14

All fixed now, I never changed a thing. Logged in via my iPhone as usual next day and hey presto logged in straight away, I never changed my email nor password.

Looks as though it was boosts servers again what a surprise! If it was planned maintenance, they should have a message saying so,
View original

47 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
cant login from app as it doesnt recognise my email and password,

I've come across the odd example of this issue @Stuwats - what a pain!

We need to rule out a different email address linked to the account, or get this raised to our MyBoost team. Please contact us via Facebook, Twitter or email: hello@boostpower.co.uk. Include your full address, name and DoB in the message.
Userlevel 1
All fixed now, I never changed a thing. Logged in via my iPhone as usual next day and hey presto logged in straight away, I never changed my email nor password.

Looks as though it was boosts servers again what a surprise! If it was planned maintenance, they should have a message saying so,
HI guys how do I top up online been with boost about a month and I can't seem to register my account on app .it keeps saying after it has prompted me on first time logging in to enter email address and they will send me email but never get email it's frustrating as need to top up I can't get out as slipped a disc and boost Tele is closed please advise
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
hi @Jojogogo thanks for posting, hope you're slipped disk heals sooner rather than later.

You will need smart meters to have an online account. Get one here: https://smart.boostpower.co.uk/payg

have you tried logging in through the website not the app? if you've tried this and still can't log in, and have tried the reset password link but are not getting any emails, please reach out to the boost customer care team by Facebook, Twitter or telephone for assistance. if you urgently need to top up a call may be best as in worst case scenario they can take a card payment over the phone or lend funds to meter until you can top up.

hope this helps
I have recently moved into a house supplied by boost energy on a PAYGO smart meter, I have received my key card but said I wanted to be able to top up online too... I cannot log into the app or the website as it says email/password not recognised, I cannot reset the password for this reason either! I never registered in any way for an online account and there seems to be no option to do this even on the website so how am I ever going to use the app or online account? To make things even more confusing I have been sent an email by octopus energy??? Saying about setting up an account with them??? And when I click on links sent by octopus energy it’s talking about how my switch is going and the steps happening to the point it mentions a direct debit being due?! I am utterly at a loss as to what’s going on and becoming increasingly more frustrated with boost as a company!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
hi @Clare7192 thanks for posting. from what you've said it sounds like you need to reach out to the boost customer care team, via facebook, twitter or phone for some human intervention and to ser whats going on with yout account set up.
App not working an try to rest for new password an still don’t get a link
Are you still having trouble logging in @Tracy ? I'd be happy to look into this for you. ^Emily
Userlevel 1
I'm trying to login to my account, but it keeps saying wrong email or password, i've tried requesting a new password but not got email from it. Yet I can login to the forum
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Is this sorted now, @simon19669?

Sometimes the password reset emails are filtered into the junk file, so I'd recommend checking this, just in case!
Userlevel 1
Is this sorted now, @simon19669?

Sometimes the password reset emails are filtered into the junk file, so I'd recommend checking this, just in case!

It's ok now sorted, I always check my junk folder and empty it on a regular basis, however, I have only just had a smart meter fitted and that's probably why. I phoned up, and they explained it'll take a couple of days to set up
Great! Thanks for keeping us posted @simon19669
Cant login to app no more and unable to reset password due to moving jobs so email account not accessible any more.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
hi @sie602001 please reach out to boost customer care team with your old email address, postal address and date of birth so they can verify the account then update it for you to use the app again
Thanks will do
Trying to get on mobile app to top up my gas and electric but it will not load, and I don't know how much gas and electric l have.
Have you managed to log in yet @Gareth ?
Userlevel 1
I’ve tried several times to get the boost app it just keeps saying enter your email and u will get a email back but no email been 3 days now
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi michelle this appears to be a technical fault email hello@boostpower.co.uk or freephone 0330 1027517 and explain this to them and they should be able to resolve this issue for please let us know how you get on
Kindest regards
sophie
Userlevel 1
Hi I’ve already rang them the man said he will send me a email which I Havnt received
Userlevel 1
I even checked he had the right email which he replied yes but still no email
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Ok this might sound like dumb question have you saved boosts email address and checked your junk email folders as sometimes emails can get directed to junk box if email address not saved in contacts
Userlevel 1
I Havnt saved the email address but I’ve checked in spam and junk there’s nothing there x
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Ok 1st of all try saving email address then get them to resend email hopefully that will solve proplem
Sophie x
@Michellew360 - has this issue been fixed?