Solved

Can smart meters be Pay As You Go?

• 26 August 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi ive recently moved into a property and the issue im having is boost havent sent me a card to top up as they are saying im a pay and go but i have a smart meter. They gave a me a long digit number to obvs top up but the issue im having now is the number is not valid anymore, it was working fine and now its not. Also i cant accsess my boost acount as i need an acount number?. When i speak to someone on the phone im still none the wiser
icon

Best answer by Ed_Boost 27 August 2019, 11:15

Hi @Louis1590, welcome to the forum, thanks for getting involved!

Our smart meters do still have the Pay As You Go functionality, and whilst you have a card so you can top up at the shops, it goes onto the meter remotely, so you don't need to insert it.

There's 2 different modes with Pay As You Go smart meters, Pay As You Go Standard, which is similar to how you'd normally top up with the traditional meters, and PAYG+, which is the system that allows you to top up using the app.

You can read about the differences here.

It might be worth contacting us on social media to help you decide which one you'd prefer. You can send us a message to our Facebook or Twitter pages, or call us again on 0330 102 7517 if you'd prefer.

Thanks,
Ed
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @Louis1590, welcome to the forum, thanks for getting involved!

Our smart meters do still have the Pay As You Go functionality, and whilst you have a card so you can top up at the shops, it goes onto the meter remotely, so you don't need to insert it.

There's 2 different modes with Pay As You Go smart meters, Pay As You Go Standard, which is similar to how you'd normally top up with the traditional meters, and PAYG+, which is the system that allows you to top up using the app.

You can read about the differences here.

It might be worth contacting us on social media to help you decide which one you'd prefer. You can send us a message to our Facebook or Twitter pages, or call us again on 0330 102 7517 if you'd prefer.

Thanks,
Ed
Thats the problem i dont have a card. Just have the 19 digit number that now doesnt work. My electric has gone and i cant ring them as i have not enough credit
Userlevel 4
Badge
In that case, @Louis1590, I'd contact us on Facebook or Twitter. You can use the links I gave above!