Solved

Can I use the Boost app if I've been transferred over from Economy Energy?

• 27 January 2019
  • 28 replies

Userlevel 1
So we have been swapped from Economy Energy. We have not received any top up cards and there is no email address attached to the account so the app is useless for topping up as i can't register. I'm now running out of electricity and have just found out customer services is closed.

How can i top up without a card or the ability to set up an account?

and if my meter runs out and all my food defrosts and is useless who is going to foot the bill to replace it???
icon

Best answer by Nancy_Boost 5 February 2019, 17:13

Hi all!

@lisabooth @Brutalant @Maria parker @Luby @Dontlietome @Holliexxmat @Janowicz

We've been really busy in the last couple of weeks since Economy collapsed. This has caused wait times on the phone to be a lot longer than usual, but we're taking the appropriate steps to make sure more staff are available to answer calls, and customers are getting the support they need.

You should receive a welcome letter or email with more information. Keep topping up with the same key/cards to avoid being disconnected. If you have smart meters and use the online portal to top up, you can also keep using this. We'll honour any credit balances you've got left with Economy when you transfer over to us.

You won't have access to the Boost app just yet, but once you've transferred over and your account is set up, we can upgrade you if you request it.

Thanks,
Nancy
View original

28 replies

Userlevel 1
I am also having the same issue, i have emailed them, rang them to which on numerous occassions have been told there is a 2.5 hrs wait and now lines are closed, i have also tried calling ofgem but they are closed to, running out of options at the moment if i find away, i will let u now.
I have the same problem and nobody wants to help me. I live alone with a small child and for two days we have no gas in the house is cold and no hot water and I can not charge gas and electricity because no one answers the phone to register me
I've been changed over from economy energy 2 days but have been told to still top up with my old cards I have done so and still receiving gas and electric
Userlevel 1
Landline number for boost is, 01173 701041 got through this morning after a 40 minute wait, got given new numbers, going to try this soon to see if they work, fingers crossed.
Userlevel 1
Got through yesterday and when i called the 0330 number was given the option for a call back. press 1 first seeing as we are now boost customers then gave me the option to press 1 for a call back so no waiting.

did take 2 attempts and 2 to 3 hours but finally got through to someone and got the card numbers to top up the account at the shop and registered my email so i could do this online. be aware that if you want prepay you'll get 2 cards if you have both gas and electric. This is what i had. Once they registered me for online these cards became invalid and a new black card will be sent out.

Still not happy with having to chase them up to get this sorted and all the crap with cards and emails etc etc.

will definitely put a complaint in to ofgem not just for the shoddy swap over but the lack of communication regarding it. Had all of 3 days between being notified and the 14 day cooling off period ending.

Can;t say i'm impressed and i do feel my credit is dropping quickly but time will tell.
I completely agree a disgrace the way we are being treated waiting time nearly 3 hours on phone people have work to go to they are closed by the time I get home and closed weekends I can’t get a account number to top up we are over sixty and finding it really stressful we need help
Userlevel 1
Hi

I am a new customer as of the 2nd of February I think. Conflicting information sent.. I am unable to get access to my information on the boost app. Had problems last week while just setting up a log in. I am worried I will wake up on the 2nd with the app still not working, unable to top up and my freezer off. Phone lines are terrible with long waiting times. Tried on phone and laptop to access the app but still having problems. I have not received my boost smart cards either 😞
Userlevel 1
I have just now changed from BOOST back to my old supplier EON.. BOOST promised to cost far less than my old supplier so I changed to BOOST.. Instead, BOOST is costing me at least double per week and almost crippled me financially. I'm 62 and live off disability welfare . The hell I had to go through from the start trying to change the existing meters to BOOSTS own was a JOKE!... I tried to call BOOST today about this but with over an hour queue? Seriously?

I suggest finding another supplier!
I have the same problem and nobody wants to help me. I live alone with a small child and for two days we have no gas in the house is cold and no hot water and I can not charge gas and electricity because no one answers the phone to register me
I got through this morning on ring back and I was told to still use my economy energy cards he assures me it is ok but don’t put in a lot of money in as our cards will be with us shortly
Hi. Can't login to app beqause been waiting for assword 5th day now. How can I chech balance on smart meter?
Just moved to boost and my transfer date was 29 Jan still not received a gas or electricity card .Can not log in on app say my account is inactive. Really worried now please help
Left with no support from boost
Userlevel 1
same problem as everyone else,cant log in to my boost .thinking if i switch to another supply bet they would contact us quickly then
I have been unfortunate to be transferred to Boost Energy, I received a letter today (01/02/19), the letter was dated 25/01/19 advising if I wanted to cancel I had to do it by 26/01/19 and that my supply would commence with Boost Energy by 31/01/19. I'm a pre-pay customer so have a card and key to top up and the letter states I will have the new ones from Boost Energy by the time my new supply starts (31/01/19). I tried to be a monthly payer but to transfer the rates were far higher than what I was paying on prepay.

I have received nothing until I got the letter today and came in from work to find I have no gas (hence no heating) and having a combi boiler I have no hot water either, God knows how long my electricity will last.

I cannot register with Boost Energy online, I cannot find anywhere on the site which will allow me to do so, all lines are closed, it's absolutely disgusting.

I heard it on the news that Economy Energy customers had no need to panic as their supply would not be affected but it has and it's not like I don't pay my bills, I do and I'm not in debt yet I'm sat here wrapped up with no heating or hot water.

All telephone lines are closed, I've installed the app but because I can't register I don't know if I can top up.

This company are a disgrace, I didn't receive a letter until after my supply had been cut off and I haven't even got any way of topping up now so what's going to happen until I do? Someone high up needs to sort this!!!
I have exactly the same problem with my moms account.Called them this morning and after a nearly 2 hour wait spoke to a guy who said he could not help us it was not an emergency.Joke
How do I go about topping up on line? As I've been told I'm in a sixty seven minute queue on the phone and I haven't got the time to wait.
Finally an engineer came out as it was apparently a 'faulty meter', I don't think it's a coincidence that it became faulty the day the transfer happened. An engineer came out on Saturday and installed a new meter telling us we had to ring them today to get a card. My mum spent 2 hours on the phone to them asking where to pick up a card from as I work full time and couldn't call due to meetings. I got the card and it says invalid card!!! I went and got another card with the same fault.

So now because they only put £10 credit on the card it has almost run out, I can't get through to the phone lines as they have 'technical difficulties', more than likely they can't cope with the number of complaints.

We are going to spend tonight with no heating or hot water and god knows how many more nights until they resolve it.

I've put in for a transfer to EDF but unfortunately this takes around 21 days!!!
Topped up twice now no credit added trying to phone boost both numbers not available
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi all!

@lisabooth @Brutalant @Maria parker @Luby @Dontlietome @Holliexxmat @Janowicz

We've been really busy in the last couple of weeks since Economy collapsed. This has caused wait times on the phone to be a lot longer than usual, but we're taking the appropriate steps to make sure more staff are available to answer calls, and customers are getting the support they need.

You should receive a welcome letter or email with more information. Keep topping up with the same key/cards to avoid being disconnected. If you have smart meters and use the online portal to top up, you can also keep using this. We'll honour any credit balances you've got left with Economy when you transfer over to us.

You won't have access to the Boost app just yet, but once you've transferred over and your account is set up, we can upgrade you if you request it.

Thanks,
Nancy
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hey @floraandfauna and @Davidbowie19 - I've moved your posts over here where you should be able to find more info.
Userlevel 1
The boost app is not loading,
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
How do I go about topping up on line? As I've been told I'm in a sixty seven minute queue on the phone and I haven't got the time to wait.

Hi @FelicityClark - I've moved your post over here. More info above!
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi

I am a new customer as of the 2nd of February I think. Conflicting information sent.. I am unable to get access to my information on the boost app. Had problems last week while just setting up a log in. I am worried I will wake up on the 2nd with the app still not working, unable to top up and my freezer off. Phone lines are terrible with long waiting times. Tried on phone and laptop to access the app but still having problems. I have not received my boost smart cards either :(

Hey @cmcgowan - I've moved your post here. Does the information above help?
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi. Can't login to app beqause been waiting for assword 5th day now. How can I chech balance on smart meter?

Hey @Swav, @Pagan, @Deena and @Kimm - Did you move over to us from Economy Energy? If so, check out the info above.
Im a former economy energy customer, advised to carry on using their app to top up. The app wont recognize my new card details and I've never had any from you. The Boost app doesn't recognize my account number with you either. I cant get through on the phone.
My supply will go off soon.
Hnow on earth can I top up when your app doesn't recognize my account and I have never received cards from you?
A timely response please.