Solved

Can I change from single rate to Economy 7?

• 15 September 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Hello, my landlord is changing all my heating system in home, now we will get a smart storage dimplex system...we are in OVO since 2014 (then Boost costumers) PAYG all online but they are telling us we need to get Economy 7 reader to save and see a real results in our bills....but because I'm trying to find a way I found in National Database that my reader is single rate version...(Secure Liberty 100 model), so..how can I switch to this reader?

Thanks for your time.
icon

Best answer by Ed_Boost 16 September 2019, 15:31

Hi @afifi80,

To change over to Economy 7, you'd need to get a smart meter installed by us.

Once you have one installed, we can remotely change it to Economy 7, you'll just need to send us an email to hello@boostpower.co.uk, or send us a message to our Facebook or Twitter pages.

It's worth checking the unit rates to make sure it's worth switching over to, however, we recommend that you use at least 30% of your electricity in the night time for the change to be cost effective.

Thanks,
Ed
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @afifi80,

To change over to Economy 7, you'd need to get a smart meter installed by us.

Once you have one installed, we can remotely change it to Economy 7, you'll just need to send us an email to hello@boostpower.co.uk, or send us a message to our Facebook or Twitter pages.

It's worth checking the unit rates to make sure it's worth switching over to, however, we recommend that you use at least 30% of your electricity in the night time for the change to be cost effective.

Thanks,
Ed
Userlevel 1
We will do it because we have smart storage heaters in home so that's the main reason to get this meter mode activate. Thanks