Solved

App problems - why hasn't my usage updated for the last couple of days? (Issue resolved)

Userlevel 1
Is anyone experiencing any problems with the app not updating your usage? mine hasn't updated for 2 days and is showing an incorrect credit balance, I've uninstalled the app and set it up again but it's made no difference,
icon

Best answer by Nancy_Boost 15 August 2018, 15:46

Updated 27/05/2020 - Topic title updated to show issue was resolved - Added hyperlinks to Facebook and Twitter pages.

Hi @andie15@Kirsty89@Tam75,

We experienced an issue over the last couple of days whereby customers' online balances weren't updating. As of 10.30 this morning, all balances should now have updated and be correct. If it still hasn't changed, I'd recommend logging out and back in again to refresh your account.

Do let us know if the issue is still present.

You can reach us via our Facebook or Twitter pages, or email us at hello@boostpower.co.uk.

View original

17 replies

I'm having the same problem, hasn't updated for 2 days either
Userlevel 1
My account is only showing as having taken standing charge for the last 2 days a well.
Userlevel 1
Boost have rang me they said the credit balance is correct and it's deducting my usage but it's not showing it they are aware of the problem with the app and hope it will be sorted soon
Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Updated 27/05/2020 - Topic title updated to show issue was resolved - Added hyperlinks to Facebook and Twitter pages.

Hi @andie15@Kirsty89@Tam75,

We experienced an issue over the last couple of days whereby customers' online balances weren't updating. As of 10.30 this morning, all balances should now have updated and be correct. If it still hasn't changed, I'd recommend logging out and back in again to refresh your account.

Do let us know if the issue is still present.

You can reach us via our Facebook or Twitter pages, or email us at hello@boostpower.co.uk.

Userlevel 1

Why isn't the app recording this data properly, 

28th June until now, shows no gas usage at all, even though I have been using it. 

Last two days show standing charge only. 

Money is being used from my credit, however I'm going to end up not knowing where I'm up to like this  

Userlevel 1

I've just checked the app again, looks like the gas has now caught up, I'll keep an eye on it

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @paulwavertree,

I moved your post over here, as it’ll help others in the same position find it!

It looks like this one is due to the connection to your meters.

If the connection is weak, we may miss a reading when we take your daily usage, stopping us from being able to update your account and charge you. When we next get a reading, it’ll simply charge you for all usage since we last got a reading.

I’d recommend getting in touch with us, so we can look to get this connection sorted. You could drop us an email at hello@boostpower.co.uk, or if you’d prefer, send us a message to our Facebook or Twitter pages.

Thanks,

Ed

Userlevel 1

Hi Ed

I reckon the recent WiFi access point I was using caused the gas meter to loose connection to the meter, I'll leave the access point off and monitor it, I'll contact you guys if it continues with the access point off. 

Cheers 

Paul 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Okay, @paulwavertree ! Let us know how you get on :slight_smile:

Hi, 

For 5 days now I've had a standing charge of 51p. But no other usage, how am I meant to budget when the app doesn't update?

Last year you did this with my gas and said I'd used nothing for 6 months, then suddenly decided I owed 200 pound as credit was shared so any money I out on went to electric instead of being saved for gas, and then you put a charge on my account for it. I don't want that to happen again. I want to know I'm topping up the right amount to ensure I don't get left in debt when ever the damned thing corrects itself. 

Mine is doing the same, only standing charge has been applied for the last 7 days! I don't want to end up owing loads of money. I'm just going to keep topping up every week for now but hope it gets sorted soon!

I top up on the boost app and usually it tells me my balance and excluded 8hrs but it's saying excluding last 6days why isn't it calculated properly? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

There was a known issue affecting most Boost accounts, @psychoduck@Jacqui45 & @Kirsty2409, which meant only your standing charge was deducted. This has now been fixed, we’ll calculate what was used over the last couple of days and deduct it from the meter in the next day or so if it hasn’t already.

Sorry for any inconvenience this caused!

My app isn't working. It just doesn't load. I've turned my phone off and on. I don't want to uninstall the app and reinstall incase I need my account number which I don't know as it is in the app. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @Kayted, it’s due to an update that was released yesterday. Unfortunately, you do need to uninstall and reinstall the app to resolve this one.

If you need your account number, just get in touch with us, we can give you that. You can email us at hello@boostpower.co.uk, or send us a message to our Facebook or Twitter pages.

Cheers,

Ed

I am having problems with mobile app only showing standing charge. Apparently it's the meters not working,? No signal?   that have been fine for the last 9 yrs. 

I have an engineer booked in August so let's see what he says. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

We’d be happy to check what’s going on here, @Simplewitch. Reach out on Facebook or Twitter with your name, DoB and full address. If you don’t use social media just email the team on hello@boostpower.co.uk.