Solved

App non-functional on Android phone AGAIN!!

• 2 September 2020
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

From early on today 2/9/20 the app again has not working again. Restarted my phone to see if that would clear it, nope nothing with that. Now just after 6pm that is a full 12 hours and still non-function of the app, getting to the point that you would have a better chance of wining the lottery than the app to function.

icon

Best answer by Amy_Boost 9 September 2020, 12:08

Thanks for reaching out.

There was a brief issue with the app that has since been resolved. A good rule of thumb is to delete the app and reinstall, this often irons out any issues. 

:blush:

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 1

@Highlinder28 If you want to make a helpful report you should include your account number, whether it happens on the website as well as the app, and any other technical details you can think of (app version, OS software version etc). You should also specify what has gone wrong, saying something is “not working” is such a generic message as to be unusable. A lot of app issues only happen on a small percentage of devices, or on accounts in a very weird state, so I don’t think Boost will be able to do much with your message as it stands.

Userlevel 1

The problem again sorted itself out after a full day. Andriod 9.0 app ver 1.3.1 and just get a white blank screen. Restarted the phone, had no effect, uninstalled and reinstall no effect. Had to wait a full day and only on mobile this happened.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thanks for reaching out.

There was a brief issue with the app that has since been resolved. A good rule of thumb is to delete the app and reinstall, this often irons out any issues. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks for reaching out.

Sorry to say that deleting the app and reinstall has not worked in the instances that the app had issues.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

If this is the case, @Highlinder28, we’d need to take a look into your account.

The best thing to do is to email hello@boostpower.co.uk, or drop a message via Facebook messenger or Twitter and explain the situation. They should be able to resolve this for you.

:slight_smile:

Userlevel 1

Whenever I post about this happening it either starts working and someone comes back to me after the fact, so unable to troubleshoot it at the time it happening. he app is functioning as it is supposed to just now, but it is a lottery sometimes if it is going to work.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Glad to hear it’s working again, @Highlinder28, we need to catch it in the act, if you could screenshot the issue (if it happens again) we can always retrospectively take a look? 

Userlevel 1

Glad to hear it’s working again, @Highlinder28, we need to catch it in the act, if you could screenshot the issue (if it happens again) we can always retrospectively take a look? 

Just getting a white screen is not much of a screenshot as that is what happens.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

That’s strange, @Highlinder28, it may be better if we take a look at this for you on our end and we can see if we’re getting the same thing. 

Send us a message on Facebook with your name, DoB and full address so we can help. if you don’t have Facebook please email hello@boostpower.co.uk.

Userlevel 1

That’s strange, @Highlinder28, it may be better if we take a look at this for you on our end and we can see if we’re getting the same thing. 

Send us a message on Facebook with your name, DoB and full address so we can help. if you don’t have Facebook please email hello@boostpower.co.uk.

I will do that the next time it happens, as there is no point in doing it while the app is working as it is supposed to.