Solved

Why is the boost app not working and why can't I get online boost site to work either I cannot top up

• 29 December 2021
  • 15 replies

My boost app hasn't been working for days and I cannot log online and get the site to work either, I cannot top up help 

icon

Best answer by Tim_Boost 30 December 2021, 14:59

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Ahh sorry to hear about this issue, @clair74jc23 - what a pain!

I’m lacking some details here about what’s gone wrong. By the sounds of it you can’t actually log in to the Boost Top up app (android or iOS) or web browser. Are you using the correct email address linked to your Boost account? Have you tried to reset your password? Have you checked your email’s spam or junk folder for this? 

If you need to top up, you can do this at a PayPoint and the credit will be added to your meters remotely. If it doesn’t, you can follow these steps to top up manually (that way there’s no way you’re left without a means of topping up): 

How do I top up my SMETS1 meters manually?

After making a payment, it takes up to 30 minutes (for electricity) and 60 minutes (for gas) for the money to show on your meter. If it doesn’t, you can give it a little push.

For this, you’ll need the 20-digit code on your PayPoint receipt. This is why it’s always best to keep your receipts safe.

• Press on your gas or electricity meter

• Enter the code from your receipt

• Tap B to confirm and it’s all done!

If you top up online or via your app, PayPoint will either email them to you or send them via text.

If you’ve lost power and your top-up takes your balance above £0, your meter will start doing safety checks. If it detects gas, the power won’t switch on, so make sure all gas appliances are off before trying to reconnect. If the meter has disconnected, you can reconnect it by pressing AAB (SMETS1) or holding and B at the same time (SMETS2).

How do I top up my SMETS2 meters manually?

There are 2 ways:

1. Using your IHD – this is the easiest and fastest way:

• Tap the menu icon at the bottom right of the screen

• Press Top-Up

• Choose the fuel you want to top up

• Press OK

• Enter your PayPoint code

• Tap OK

• The IHD will then confirm that your money has been added to your meter

2. Using your meter

For electricity:

• Press A on your meter until you see Enter Top Up Code

• Press and hold A to begin typing 

• Enter your code using the A and B buttons to navigate through the digits

• Press and hold B when complete

• The meter will show you one of these messages: Top Up accepted or Invalid

• Press A to continue

For gas:

• Press C on your gas meter to enter the menu

• Using and B, scroll to Prepayment and press C

• Tap A and B until you see New Payment

• Press to select it

• Use A and B to enter your code

• Tap C again

If you’ve lost power and your top-up takes your balance above £0, your meter will start doing safety checks. If it detects gas, the power won’t switch on. If the meter has disconnected, you should be asked to press any button following a top-up to trigger a reconnection.

Userlevel 1

Just tried to check my balance using the android app. The app had logged me out, I try to log back in and it says the details are incorrect. I go to the website, try to log in there with the same response. I request a new password and when I click on the link, I just get the spinning wheel of death. 

Suggestions? And before you ask, I tried logging in on a laptop with the same results. 

What do I do? No one is available at boost to help me and all I get is error messages when trying to login in or register, can’t even top up as a guest, never had this problem before boost took over.

I’m having the same problem, running low on electric and all I’m getting is error messages when trying to top up

Userlevel 1

I thought it was just me! The app has logged me out and won't accept my details to login and I tried going via the website and again nothing.....I am worried as I only have a couple of pounds on the electricity!

Userlevel 1

Glad it's not just me! Although I am dangerously close to running out of credit 

Userlevel 4

same. ive got 17p on the electric and the emergency credit won't go on using the ihd. hoping it's up and running by the morning 

Userlevel 1

same. ive got 17p on the electric and the emergency credit won't go on using the ihd. hoping it's up and running by the morning 

My IHD doesn't even offer the option of emergency credit!! Followed all the instructions "go to account, select emergency credit" but I don't have that option!!! Hopefully it will be working in the morning!! I miss how it was before I never had a single problem 😕 

I'm having the same issues. App doesn't recognise my username and password, can't top up as a guest and the website isn't working either. I need to top up my gas 🙄

having the same issue here webpages and app both not working can log into this and the main boost webpage but try to top up it doesnt get passed the confirm screen

Userlevel 4
Badge

Sorry to hear there were quite a few of you experiencing issues with the Boost app over the bank holiday weekend - @Porky Payne, @steveg45132, @Cjenner, @Curling11, @Mumoftwo, @CazzGee, @ukgouki.

I’ve already flagged this one to the team to check whether we’ve had any known technical issues reported. In the meantime I’ve  moved your comments over to this related thread as there’s some great advice in the Best Answer above which can help you get topped up via a Paypoint:

If you need to top up, you can do this at a PayPoint and the credit will be added to your meters remotely. If it doesn’t, you can follow these steps to top up manually (that way there’s no way you’re left without a means of topping up): 

How do I top up my SMETS1 meters manually?

After making a payment, it takes up to 30 minutes (for electricity) and 60 minutes (for gas) for the money to show on your meter. If it doesn’t, you can give it a little push.

For this, you’ll need the 20-digit code on your PayPoint receipt. This is why it’s always best to keep your receipts safe.

• Press on your gas or electricity meter

• Enter the code from your receipt

• Tap B to confirm and it’s all done!

If you top up online or via your app, PayPoint will either email them to you or send them via text.

If you’ve lost power and your top-up takes your balance above £0, your meter will start doing safety checks. If it detects gas, the power won’t switch on, so make sure all gas appliances are off before trying to reconnect. If the meter has disconnected, you can reconnect it by pressing AAB (SMETS1) or holding and B at the same time (SMETS2).

How do I top up my SMETS2 meters manually?

There are 2 ways:

1. Using your IHD – this is the easiest and fastest way:

• Tap the menu icon at the bottom right of the screen

• Press Top-Up

• Choose the fuel you want to top up

• Press OK

• Enter your PayPoint code

• Tap OK

• The IHD will then confirm that your money has been added to your meter

2. Using your meter

For electricity:

• Press A on your meter until you see Enter Top Up Code

• Press and hold A to begin typing 

• Enter your code using the A and B buttons to navigate through the digits

• Press and hold B when complete

• The meter will show you one of these messages: Top Up accepted or Invalid

• Press A to continue

For gas:

• Press C on your gas meter to enter the menu

• Using and B, scroll to Prepayment and press C

• Tap A and B until you see New Payment

• Press to select it

• Use A and B to enter your code

• Tap C again

If you’ve lost power and your top-up takes your balance above £0, your meter will start doing safety checks. If it detects gas, the power won’t switch on. If the meter has disconnected, you should be asked to press any button following a top-up to trigger a reconnection.

As your smart meters are in a non-disconnect mode over the weekend and bank holidays, your supply should not be cut-off if you run out of credit at this time. It would be really helpful if you’re able to update us whether you’ve now managed to get logged in and topped up or are still having trouble/receiving error messages, we can then make sure any ongoing technical issues are resolved.

I’m hoping you’ve all managed to get things sorted - Do pop back if not and we’ll make sure to pass on any ongoing issues to our tech team. 

Userlevel 1

We managed to top up remotely, but it wasn't easy as that function wasn't working properly!! The app still isn't working, when is this going to be fixed? It's all well and good you giving us alternatives, but there is a reason we have a smart meter that we can top up from home! I have a disabled child, I can not keep going and spending 30 minutes trying to get our gas and electricity topped up! It's concerning that you are unaware of an issue with the app! 

Userlevel 4

I can top up remotely but as previously stated its not easy or convenient to do. 

I was told it went down "for maintenance".

can I suggest that when you next schedule maintenance work, you give your customers 24hours notice, the same way most other essential businesses do, so they can plan ahead and top up. its really not ok we were forced to use emergency credit ( and get charged interest) due to boosts inability to update its app correctly or communicate with its customers. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

I completely understand the frustration that’s been caused by these app issues, @Curling11 and @Mumoftwo -

Just to clarify things, I’ve checked in with the team who’ve advised that these issues were not due to planned maintenance but unexpected technical issues, so I’m sorry if this may have been misadvised. If maintenance to the Boost app is planned you should be given pre-warning of this as you mention and I’ve passed on your comments to make sure this is more clearly communicated.

its really not ok we were forced to use emergency credit ( and get charged interest) due to boosts inability to update its app correctly or communicate with its customers. 

Whilst I appreciate it’s not ideal, I’d also like to reassure you that no interest is added to the cost of using this credit and you would be charged the same unit rate for energy used at this time as you would normally.

I’m keen to ensure any remaining difficulties you’re having either logging in to the app or topping-up once logged in are fully resolved so have sent you both a direct message requesting a few more details so we can look into things further - check these messages by clicking on your profile menu in the top-hand right hand corner of this page.

I hope we can get things sorted and you topping up with ease again ASAP! :slight_smile:

Userlevel 1

@Jess_Boost it seems to be working again now! Thank you for looking into it though!