Solved

Why is the Boost app and Web page not working since update at end of November 2021?

• 29 November 2021
  • 20 replies

Userlevel 1

once again the App and Web page not working, been like it for days this company is the worst and needs to be reported 

icon

Best answer by Jess_Boost 30 November 2021, 12:04

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

20 replies

Userlevel 1

Why can't  use the app to top up?

Userlevel 1

That’s definitely not the best course of action, @Marine, sorry for any misadvice.

If you haven’t tried this already, deleting and re-installing the app solves most issues, as it makes sure you have the latest version downloaded.

Any further issues though, give us a call on 0330 102 7517, or send us a message to our Facebook or Twitter pages so we can help you.

Thanks,

Ed

facebook you never answer’ twitter you never answer none of you know how to fix your problem 4 days down USELESS many are leaving because your idiots  

Userlevel 1

I have the same issues since the new app. I reached them several times and their answer is « just wait to run out of power and we will send someone ». It’s outrageous.

im gonna switch to another brand because they’re dumb

they gave us there mickymouse APP when they had a great OVO App 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Sorry to hear about the issues you’ve both experienced when trying to top-up using the Boost app this week, @jonshdw and @Mary63.

We’ve been made aware of a technical issue with an update of the app which was released at the end of last week - There’s now been an updated version released (version 2.1) for both Android and iOS which should have fixed the previous issues.

If you’re not sure if your app has updated we’d recommend deleting and reinstalling the app to force an update.

Keep us posted here if you notice the issues are sorted or still ongoing - this can really help others experiencing the same issue.

Userlevel 1

App still not working ‘ updated your APP AND STILL NOT WORKING ‘ trying to change password and the bloody APP say sorry not this time . you are PATHETIC …………..:rage:

Userlevel 1

App still not working ‘ updated your APP AND STILL NOT WORKING ‘ trying to change password and the bloody APP say sorry not this time . you are PATHETIC …………..:rage:

Userlevel 1

USELESS THEY STILL HAVE’T FIXED THERE APP’ NOR THERE WEB PAGE……:rage: ..

Userlevel 4
Badge

I really appreciate the frustration these technical issues are causing, @jonshdw. Are you struggling to get logged in at all, or just when making a top-up once logged in?

I have a few more details on the issues that have been reported which I hope might help you get things sorted:

Our Boost top-up app was updated last week to ask customers to enter their address and postcode when making a top-up, or storing their card in the app.  Unfortunately, we experienced some issues with the app rejecting the correct postcode. 

Customers will need to update their app to make this work again, but some may still experience issues. If a customer gets in touch and can’t add the postcode, please ask them to try the following:

1. Enter the postcode in upper case rather than lowercase, add a space between the first set and second set and remove the space on the end of the postcode. For example, “bs16ed “ would be “BS1 6ED”.

2. Try using the webportal, this will ask for an address, but not check the postcode in the same way. 

3. If all else fails, the customer can top up at their nearest PayPoint, please make sure they ask for a receipt and keep it, just in case the top-up doesn’t get loaded automatically. 

If you’re unable to login or reset your password this might be a separate issue, in which case it’s best to reach out to the Support Team to double check the details registered to your account. The easiest way to reach the team is via out Webchat which you can access by clicking the yellow speech bubble on our Homepage.

Userlevel 1

why the hell do you need post codes to make a payment’ thats the most insane idea ever’ your all nuts. like ive said before you took over the best APP ( ovo ) ever and now you are making the worst and most difficult EVER.. for gods sake get the ADULTS back not you mickymouse kids………...     

Userlevel 1
your home page still not working kids 

Userlevel 1

ive reported to trading standards i would ask everyone to start reporting them ‘ they are useless and been unable to fix  ANYTHING , they keep saying there phone APP has been updated LIES its still the same ………….. REPORT THEM  

Userlevel 1

report here ombudsman 

Userlevel 3

So, in a disabled house... gas has run out. Trying to top up.

Website does not work.

App needs an update, so updated it, and now it won't let me log in (password is definitely right) and decides I need to reset my account... but never sends the password reset email.

So in the next few hours, our heating will cut off. Thanks Boost.

Userlevel 1

reported to google App store 

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 4
Badge

So, in a disabled house... gas has run out. Trying to top up.

Website does not work.

App needs an update, so updated it, and now it won't let me log in (password is definitely right) and decides I need to reset my account... but never sends the password reset email.

So in the next few hours, our heating will cut off. Thanks Boost.

I’m really sorry to hear of the challenges you’ve faced trying to top-up since the latest app update, @psychoduck.

If you haven’t already I’d recommend giving us a call on 0330 102 7517 (from a landline) or 0117 332 3728 (from a mobile) - Our team is taking calls from 8am till 8pm on weekdays in cases of emergency and can make sure your balance is topped up before you lose supply as well as checking that you’ve been added to our Priority Services Register.

It’s disappointing to hear that you’re not receiving the password reset emails when requested, @psychoduck  and @jonshdw - I’ve passed these details on to our tech team who’ve advised that at the moment password reset emails are only received when requested via the app - so it’s worth checking this if you’ve previously been requesting these via the browser version.

It would be really helpful if you’re able to provide any updates on whether you’re now able to access the app or still experiencing issues.

Hoping we can get things back on track ASAP for you. :thumbsup:

Userlevel 3

Was on hold on the phone line for an hour,  got hung up on. 

Eventually,  at 6am this morning,  I was able to log in... having had no gas last night. Seems to be working ok now, but who knows how long for

Userlevel 4
Badge

I’m so disappointed to hear of your experience when speaking to the Support Team, @psychoduck. If you’re ever disconnected during a call, you should be called straight back so I’ll be passing on your feedback to check why this didn’t happen in your case.

Sounds like you’ve now managed to get the app updated and login issues resolved so we’re hoping you’ll be able to keep topping as usual. Any further technical issues feel free to pop back here for advice - we’re always on hand to help get to the bottom of things. :slight_smile:

Userlevel 1

Appp is working OK