Solved

Why is my In Home Display (IHD) not showing my balance?

• 8 October 2020
  • 22 replies

Userlevel 1

My smart meter is displaying all sorts of things (so far today, this week, this month, this year), the current usage, but for the last couple days it has not displayed the meter balance (it’s blank) which is the most important one, as otherwise I don’t know when I need to top up.

Can you please advise?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Tim_Boost 19 April 2021, 15:57

Updated on 19/04/21: The app now features the ability to view your balances. Further info on this here.

Hi @Lizzyp sure thing. When your IHD6 is linked up, your credit balance for each meter should show on the default screen. See the video below (01:30) to confirm this and the other features available.  

However (as outlined in our IHD guide, here) the default screen on these are often set to “Usage today” rather than your current balance. There is a simple fix to get your balance as the home screen default:

Choosing Your Home Screen Layout

From SETTINGS you can also change the view of your home screen according to your personal preference by selecting HOME screen. This option will give you four different home screen layouts to choose from. Use the left and right arrows to scroll through the options. Once you have chosen the screen view you prefer, press SET to save the settings. 

View original

22 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Thanks for posting, @Janis77 

What’s the latest on this?

Have you been on Smart PAYG before, which showed the balance on the meter, or PAYG+ which shows the joint balance on the app?

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I have spoken to customer services and they are sending me a new smart meter as it looks like mine is faulty.

thanks

Userlevel 1

i need help connecting my in home display emailing boost is a waste of time 

they wont answer my emails 

Userlevel 1

i cant see on my meter what gas i have left all its showing is electric and my ihd isnt connected 

thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I understand email queues are still big at the moment, but heading in the right direction as we start to get back on track. That said, if you have emailed to request this, it will be picked up. In the meantime, you can view your balance directly on the meter screen (press any button to wake up this display), as long as you have a ‘Secure Liberty’ smart meter. See below to confirm how you can then activate your emergency credit on this ‘Secure Liberty’ smart meter:

Smart PAYG: activating your emergency credit on your smart meter screen

You can view your meter balance by pressing 7 on the smart meter keypad. It will show you emergency credit info and then the current balance will be on the next screen. You can also use your smart meter screen to activate your emergency credit.

Smart meter keypad OVO Energy

Start by pressing 7 on your keypad.

Emergency Credit offer OVO Energy smart meter

Accept smart meter OVO Energy

To accept the emergency credit offer, press A on the keypad.

Ignore smart meter OVO Energy

If you’ve changed your mind and don’t want to activate your emergency credit, just press B.

Smart meter screen: if you’ve used up your emergency credit

Once you’ve activated your emergency credit, you can check up on it by pressing 7 on your smart meter keypad.

If you’ve still got some credit left, the screen will first display ‘E-CREDIT’ and then ‘IN USE’.

E-Credit emergency credit smart meter OVO Energy

OVO Energy In Use Smart meter screen

If you’ve used up all your emergency credit, the screen will first display ‘E-CREDIT’ and then ‘USED UP’.

used up smart meter credit OVO Energy

If you want to know how much you need to repay (including the emergency credit you’ve used) to reconnect your supply, press 7 again.

repay emergency credit OVO Energy

£11.78 OVO Energy smart meter credit

Userlevel 1

Hi @vicki1979 - I think that IHD needs to be ‘paired’ with your smart meters, which requires actions for you on site, and from our Support team remotely. 

I understand email queues are still big at the moment, but heading in the right direction as we start to get back on track. That said, if you have emailed to request this, it will be picked up. In the meantime, see below to confirm how you can view your meter balance directly on the meter:

Smart PAYG: activating your emergency credit on your smart meter screen

You can also use your smart meter screen to activate your emergency credit.

Smart meter keypad OVO Energy

Start by pressing 7 on your keypad.

Emergency Credit offer OVO Energy smart meter

Accept smart meter OVO Energy

To accept the emergency credit offer, press A on the keypad.

Ignore smart meter OVO Energy

If you’ve changed your mind and don’t want to activate your emergency credit, just press B.

Smart meter screen: if you’ve used up your emergency credit

Once you’ve activated your emergency credit, you can check up on it by pressing 7 on your smart meter keypad.

If you’ve still got some credit left, the screen will first display ‘E-CREDIT’ and then ‘IN USE’.

OVO Energy In Use Smart meter screen

If you’ve used up all your emergency credit, the screen will first display ‘E-CREDIT’ and then ‘USED UP’.

used up smart meter credit OVO Energy

If you want to know how much you need to repay (including the emergency credit you’ve used) to reconnect your supply, press 7 again.

repay emergency credit OVO Energy

£11.78 OVO Energy smart meter credit

Is that all. You. Can ever post how to. Activate emergancy top up you really are a waste of space arnt you 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Those instructions are for emergency credit not checking balance. 

Userlevel 1

Those instructions are for emergency credit not checking balance. 

It's all he ever posts the blokes a muppet 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@vicki1979 @Smiter I’ve updated the ‘best answer’ to make it more clear about this advice. 

You can view your meter balance by pressing 7 on the smart meter keypad. It will show you emergency credit info and then the current balance will be on the next screen.

Can you come back here if this doesn’t work so I can make sure the advice here is correct?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Mine says not in use will try again tomorrow. 

Hi,   I am hoping that someone may be able to help.  Where can i view my electricity balance on my smart meter?  My IHD is old and doesnt show my balance, just the balance used each day.  I cant seem to view my balance on my meter and cannot find instructions anywhere!

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @JanetBo do you have a ‘Secure’ smart meter? 

I was hoping to hear from @Smiter on this. 

Pressing 7 on the smart meter keypad should show your emergency credit info and then the current balance will be on the next screen.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @JanetBo do you have a ‘Secure’ smart meter? 

I was hoping to hear from @Smiter on this. 

Pressing 7 on the smart meter keypad should show your emergency credit info and then the current balance will be on the next screen.

Oops sorry Tom I forgot. 

Userlevel 1

Hi all.. I go the ihd paired today and the main reason for getting one was to view the balance.. However there is no menu option for balance... How do I get this added

Userlevel 1

Hi @splreece1978 I’ve popped your question here as think these above steps may help. If not, give the Customer Care team a call to re-pair the device on 0330 1027 517 between 8am-8pm Mon-Fri and 9am-5pm Sat. 

Userlevel 1

@Alice_Boost  thanks.. But the problem is not seeing the balance on the meter.. I want to see it on the ihd.. Thats the whole point of getting an ihd... And your tutorials show that I should have an option to see the balance.. As you can see I don't have a balance option 

Userlevel 1

Hey @splreece1978 that’s a great idea and I’ll put that to the team to get to work on one. For now, give the team a call and re-pair the device to the meters, this should do the trick. Cheers! 

We got a smart meter a week ago, for a couple of days both my gas and electric usage was showing on the display, however now it only shows the electricity usage.

What changed?

A few weeks ago my ihd stopped displaying how much money I have left after I topped up my smart meter. It now just displays est. Bill: £0 for both my gas and electric. I've used it for 2 years and I've never had this problem before and haven't touched or changed anything. I am on PAYG and I don't know where the money I put on has gone! Hope you can help!

Userlevel 5
Badge

@jonweymouth and @ninjacoxswain82 - I’ve moved your topics over here as it sounds like the same issue.

If you look at the best answer, this should help you resolve this one.

Thanks,

Ed

A response to the title topic would be nice. My IHD was paired last week.  So how do i get the balance remaining to show on it. Everything else showing. Please dont re-post instructions on how to find balance on the meters. I dont care. I would like to see it on the IHD as i would told it would. Its quite unusual to see a company make their facilities worse for the customer,  but well done Boost, you have succeeded

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Updated on 19/04/21: The app now features the ability to view your balances. Further info on this here.

Hi @Lizzyp sure thing. When your IHD6 is linked up, your credit balance for each meter should show on the default screen. See the video below (01:30) to confirm this and the other features available.  

However (as outlined in our IHD guide, here) the default screen on these are often set to “Usage today” rather than your current balance. There is a simple fix to get your balance as the home screen default:

Choosing Your Home Screen Layout

From SETTINGS you can also change the view of your home screen according to your personal preference by selecting HOME screen. This option will give you four different home screen layouts to choose from. Use the left and right arrows to scroll through the options. Once you have chosen the screen view you prefer, press SET to save the settings.