Solved

Why is my In Home Display (IHD) not showing my balance?

• 8 October 2020
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1

My smart meter is displaying all sorts of things (so far today, this week, this month, this year), the current usage, but for the last couple days it has not displayed the meter balance (it’s blank) which is the most important one, as otherwise I don’t know when I need to top up.

Can you please advise?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Tim_Boost 19 November 2020, 11:50

Hi @vicki1979 - I think that IHD needs to be ‘paired’ with your smart meters, which requires actions for you on site, and from our Support team remotely. 

I understand email queues are still big at the moment, but heading in the right direction as we start to get back on track. That said, if you have emailed to request this, it will be picked up. In the meantime, see below to confirm how you can view your meter balance directly on the meter:

Smart PAYG: activating your emergency credit on your smart meter screen

You can view your meter balance by pressing 7 on the smart meter keypad. It will show you emergency credit info and then the current balance will be on the next screen. You can also use your smart meter screen to activate your emergency credit.

Smart meter keypad OVO Energy

Start by pressing 7 on your keypad.

Emergency Credit offer OVO Energy smart meter

Accept smart meter OVO Energy

To accept the emergency credit offer, press A on the keypad.

Ignore smart meter OVO Energy

If you’ve changed your mind and don’t want to activate your emergency credit, just press B.

Smart meter screen: if you’ve used up your emergency credit

Once you’ve activated your emergency credit, you can check up on it by pressing 7 on your smart meter keypad.

If you’ve still got some credit left, the screen will first display ‘E-CREDIT’ and then ‘IN USE’.

E-Credit emergency credit smart meter OVO Energy

OVO Energy In Use Smart meter screen

If you’ve used up all your emergency credit, the screen will first display ‘E-CREDIT’ and then ‘USED UP’.

used up smart meter credit OVO Energy

If you want to know how much you need to repay (including the emergency credit you’ve used) to reconnect your supply, press 7 again.

repay emergency credit OVO Energy

£11.78 OVO Energy smart meter credit

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Thanks for posting, @Janis77 

What’s the latest on this?

Have you been on Smart PAYG before, which showed the balance on the meter, or PAYG+ which shows the joint balance on the app?

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I have spoken to customer services and they are sending me a new smart meter as it looks like mine is faulty.

thanks

Userlevel 1

i need help connecting my in home display emailing boost is a waste of time 

they wont answer my emails 

Userlevel 1

i cant see on my meter what gas i have left all its showing is electric and my ihd isnt connected 

thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @vicki1979 - I think that IHD needs to be ‘paired’ with your smart meters, which requires actions for you on site, and from our Support team remotely. 

I understand email queues are still big at the moment, but heading in the right direction as we start to get back on track. That said, if you have emailed to request this, it will be picked up. In the meantime, see below to confirm how you can view your meter balance directly on the meter:

You can view your meter balance by pressing 7 on the smart meter keypad. It will show you emergency credit info and then the current balance will be on the next screen. You can also use your smart meter screen to activate your emergency credit.

If you’ve changed your mind and don’t want to activate your emergency credit, just press B.

Once you’ve activated your emergency credit, you can check up on it by pressing 7 on your smart meter keypad.

If you’ve still got some credit left, the screen will first display ‘E-CREDIT’ and then ‘IN USE’.

If you’ve used up all your emergency credit, the screen will first display ‘E-CREDIT’ and then ‘USED UP’.

If you want to know how much you need to repay (including the emergency credit you’ve used) to reconnect your supply, press 7 again.

Userlevel 1

You can also use your smart meter screen to activate your emergency credit.

Is that all. You. Can ever post how to. Activate emergancy top up you really are a waste of space arnt you 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Those instructions are for emergency credit not checking balance. 

Userlevel 1

Those instructions are for emergency credit not checking balance. 

It's all he ever posts the blokes a muppet 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@vicki1979 @Smiter I’ve updated the ‘best answer’ to make it more clear about this advice. 

You can view your meter balance by pressing 7 on the smart meter keypad. It will show you emergency credit info and then the current balance will be on the next screen.

Can you come back here if this doesn’t work so I can make sure the advice here is correct?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Mine says not in use will try again tomorrow. 

Hi,   I am hoping that someone may be able to help.  Where can i view my electricity balance on my smart meter?  My IHD is old and doesnt show my balance, just the balance used each day.  I cant seem to view my balance on my meter and cannot find instructions anywhere!

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @JanetBo do you have a ‘Secure’ smart meter? 

I was hoping to hear from @Smiter on this. 

Pressing 7 on the smart meter keypad should show your emergency credit info and then the current balance will be on the next screen.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @JanetBo do you have a ‘Secure’ smart meter? 

I was hoping to hear from @Smiter on this. 

Pressing 7 on the smart meter keypad should show your emergency credit info and then the current balance will be on the next screen.

Oops sorry Tom I forgot.