Question

Why is my Chameleon In Home Display (IHD6) not displaying gas meter balance, just electricity?

• 20 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Just changed over to smart PAYG and my ihd is only displaying my electric meter balance but not my gas meter balance… tried calling boost but cannot get through on their options 1, 2 or 3 it just won’t connect.!!!

I don’t want to have to keep going out to my gas meter to check the balance as it’s up a side alley. 
Any help please as I’m frustrated 

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Thanks for posting this, @Hales78

The info here was taken from this topic on IHD balances:

When your IHD6 is linked up, your credit balance for each meter should show on the default screen. See the video below (01:30) to confirm this and the other features available.  

However (as outlined in our IHD guide, here) the default screen on these are often set to “Usage today” rather than your current balance. There is a simple fix to get your balance as the home screen default:

Choosing Your Home Screen Layout

From SETTINGS you can also change the view of your home screen according to your personal preference by selecting HOME screen. This option will give you four different home screen layouts to choose from. Use the left and right arrows to scroll through the options. Once you have chosen the screen view you prefer, press SET to save the settings. 

In your case, @Hales78 you have the default screen set up to show the balance, but the gas isn’t showing. This could be an issue with the gas meter communicating, or with the gas not being linked up to your account. One way to narrow this down is to see if any of the gas info is showing on the Smart PAYG app? The browser version is here

You can also view the meter balance of both meters on the app as well. More info on this here

If the gas isn’t showing on the IHD and/or the app, give us Support team a call so that they can check: 0330 102 7517. Just pop back here afterwards to tell us what the verdict was, if you can!

Userlevel 1

@Tim_Boost  thanks 

struggling to connect on the phone so I’ve emailed and they’ve asked for various info from my meters which ive sent on.

they seem to think they are not in communication with my meters which is strange as I’ve been with boost many years

Userlevel 1

I am not liking the new app at all takes ages to top up the it says there has been a problem but money taken from my bank. IHD keeps beeping telling me I’m low on credit when I’m not. No, not happy at all time to find another supplier. I have a busy life and no time for this. 

Userlevel 1

@Butterf1y72 mine did that the other day, took 3 lots of £5 from bank but didn’t go on the meter. I did ring up and sent bank statement snapshot over so they could see the proof and they put straight back onto my meters. I’ve moved my ihd to nearer the electric meter and it seems to be working now but same as you I’m not liking the news app 

Userlevel 1

I just don’t have the time to keep ring every time there is a problem. The old app was much better and more efficient. I spend a lot of time away from home so need to know I can stay on top of things and not have the worry. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

IHD keeps beeping telling me I’m low on credit when I’m not. 

Is this still an issue, @Butterf1y72? You might want to check the ‘Alerts and tones’ settings, see how here: