Solved

Why has my Smart PAYG top up not been added to my meter balance but it's taken the payment from my bank balance?

Hello, my meter was beeping to say i was low on credit.  I have topped up £10 on two occasions and the app says sorry the payment hasn’t been taken even though the payment is going through with barclays straight away.  I only have 35p left does anyone know what has happened?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Tim_Boost 14 May 2021, 16:19

View original

31 replies

My electric has gone and I can’t top up it just keeps saying the payment has failed 

Hello, 5 weeks ago I had problem with my electricity account, the account was not found. I spoke with agent about that and She gave me new number for gas and electricity. From 5 weeks after swap account every time when I top up I must speak with agent, answer on same questions, do same things and at the end beg for my credits because my meters are not connected and my credits don't arrive automatically after top up. On 31.03.2022 I top up 15pounds on gas so my balance was 23 pounds, yesterday everything was okay, today my credits gone and now my balance is -0.01. Same situation with gas meter have my few friends and the agent give us a tip how to make creep test. The agent dont even try to help me with that. So what? Few people who have OVO have leaking installation in same time?  

today I top up gas for 25pounds and “support” decline to transfer that to my account even if she/he know the issue and see successful payment.  When ask me for emergency appointment I said I can wait if you place a note with my issue to make my top ups easier for that month. It give nothing so I changed my mind about emergency appointment but got decline too. Don’t know what I should do? Cry or laugh 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Terri ellis and @starrky ,

I’m so sorry to hear you’re both having difficulty topping-up your smart meter balance. I’ve moved your comment over to this more recent topic as there’s some advice in the ‘Best Answer’ above which I’m hoping will help:

Top-ups may display as ‘pending payment’ on the app if a payment fails due to an issue, such as our systems not communicating with PayPoint properly, or the PAN not being linked correctly to the a meter.

When this happens no funds are taken - you should be informed that the payment has failed and that we suggest you check your bank account. The top up amount should be available in your bank account within five days, but it’s usually a lot quicker! Payments that fail are also shown as 'vend fail' in the PayPoint online portal

So with that in mind, @SimonParker1979, I’d recommend you get in touch with our Support team, to make sure there’s no issue with your PAN card number and your account: 0330 102 7517 (0117 370 1041 from a mobile).

If you get a new card number, here’s some info for how to update your app with this:

How do I add a new top-up card to my new app?

If we only supply you with electricity:

• Tap Manage Accounts
  • Click on Add Smart TopUp card
  • Select Electricity
  • Press Next
  • Enter your top-up barcode number into the box
  • Then press Save

If we only supply you with gas:

• Tap Manage Accounts
  • Select Gas
  • Press Next
  • Then press Save

If we supply you with gas and electricity:

• Tap Manage Accounts
  • Select Electricity
  • Press Next
  • Press Save
  • Then select Add Smart TopUp card again
  • Follow the same steps as for electricity to add your gas
  • Press Save

When you move from PAYG+ to PAYG Smart, your top-up cards are automatically added to your new app. If you have new cards, just follow the steps above to add them (from Add Smart TopUp card).

I hope this helps.

I’ve put £40 on my balance via the app. I’m pressing A A B on my meter but keeps saying rejected. I am now without gas or electric 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Sorry to hear of the difficulty you’ve had when making a top-up via the app, @Joe at.

I’ve moved your comment over to this thread as I suspect there might be an issue meaning the credit hasn’t reached your meter. Check out the advice given in the best answer above - 

Top-ups may display as ‘pending payment’ on the app if a payment fails due to an issue, such as our systems not communicating with PayPoint properly, or the PAN not being linked correctly to the a meter.

When this happens no funds are taken - you should be informed that the payment has failed and that we suggest you check your bank account. The top up amount should be available in your bank account within five days, but it’s usually a lot quicker! Payments that fail are also shown as 'vend fail' in the PayPoint online portal

I’d recommend you get in touch with our Support team, to make sure there’s no issue with your PAN card number and your account: 0330 102 7517 (0117 370 1041 from a mobile).

You can also reach the Support Team via our webchat here - Hope this helps get things sorted.