Where can I view my energy usage per hour ?

• 14 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I got a smart meter months ago, but it still doesn’t seem to be as smart as I expected.

( Well, it’s not the actual meter that’s dumb, it’s the platform it is on. )

With the meter reporting back continously my power usage to OVO/BOOST, I fully expected to be able to view a graph of my power usage, either online or in the app.

Even connecting my IHD to WiFi has done nothing. I expected a WiFi connection would let me at least download .csv files of usage, then I could graph them myself.

Am I missing something, are these graphs somewhere I’ve not seen ?.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @Buzby and thanks for this post.

We had a similar one in 2021 referring to viewing usage information via the Boost Top up app:

As we mentioned in that thread, usage visualisations like this are not currently available on the Smart PAYG app. For this info, please refer to your In Home Display (IHD). If you’ve not got an IHD, you can request this over the phone (0330 102 7517), or via Facebook.  

There’s also a third party app that you might consider called Bright app - I’d recommend having a look at that option!

Hope this helps,
Tim

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Tim,

Sorry, but that does not help.

I’m not happy letting a third-party have access to my account, which is what Bright needs.

( I looked at the Bright developers website. There are too many companies involved (  Glowmart, Hildebrand, Swagger, …. ) and the developers guide to the API shows everything a hacker would need to ‘fake’ an app. I wouldn’t touch it with a bargepole. )

Why does OVO/BOOST not provide functions like this in either the app or online ?.

It’s not rocket science.  A decent app developer would have this working and tested in a month.

Cheers,

Buzby

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Tim,

Why does OVO/BOOST not provide functions like this in either the app or online ?.

It’s not rocket science.  A decent app developer would have this working and tested in a month.

Cheers,

Buzby

Any answer ?

Userlevel 1
Badge

This is the sort of online report I get from my gas supplier.

Why can’t Boost do the same for my electricity ?