Solved

What is the time frame for new Smart PAYG app and plan being available?

• 14 October 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4

Boost needs to seriously think about time frame for people like myself who just switched from OVO to Boost Prepay! My contract says SMART PAYG (all online)

Ok so I can go to shop with my 16 digit PAYG card number and top up, I am concerned about possible lockdown and I live alone! I would very much like to be able to top up online! I understant boost is working on this but a time frame would be excellent please!

Been on Boost just over a week and I like it! I had smart meter for months I did chase them for IHD which I received within a week of their two week time frame. I am one of those customers who want it now! I ended up getting direct line to contact them which got results very quickly! I am sorry but cannot share this number but if your like me you can get it if you try hard enough.

Boost needs to sort us customers out with portal so we can make top up online! If I was told to self isolate I am stuffed! While I am able to visit shop and get electric which did go on remotely by the time I got home I would prefer to able to top up online!

Just glad I made a fuss and got my IHD sorted which is a big deal to me! I don’t need to go outside to check my balance anymore which is awesome thankyou Boost on this!

I really want to be able to top up online please!

icon

Best answer by Tim_Boost 15 October 2020, 12:07

Updated on 29/03/2021: The app now features the ability to view your balances. Further info on this here.

Hi @AztecUK and thanks for this post. 

We might be reaching out to you directly, and a few other forum users who have been helpful with feedback, about this change to Smart PAYG. We want your help and feedback!

In general customers are going to start being set up on Smart PAYG next week. The ones in the first few weeks will be getting an email today, and likewise in subsequent weeks you’ll be getting an email if this change is happening a bit later, until everyone has been changed from December.

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Updated on 29/03/2021: The app now features the ability to view your balances. Further info on this here.

Hi @AztecUK and thanks for this post. 

We might be reaching out to you directly, and a few other forum users who have been helpful with feedback, about this change to Smart PAYG. We want your help and feedback!

In general customers are going to start being set up on Smart PAYG next week. The ones in the first few weeks will be getting an email today, and likewise in subsequent weeks you’ll be getting an email if this change is happening a bit later, until everyone has been changed from December.

Userlevel 1

Why as my app gone blank 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Uh oh @ianwil52 

Have you had an email about the changes to Smart PAYG? Could be related to this? The old PAYG+ app will stop working once you’re moved to Smart PAYG...

So I got an email a week or two ago (31st March) saying finally moving to PAYG Smart on 8th April. No link received for the new app. IHD has been beeping at me for several days - showing already that it has transferred to PAYG Smart. Searched for the app on Google Play and downloaded it myself. Trying to log in, and despite changing my password, it’s not letting me log in. I have credit on my PAYG+ account, but PAYG Smart account is telling me that we’ve run out.

Help please.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks for coming to the Forum, @PurpleElly

If you haven’t done so already, I’d recommend clearing your cache, browser history and any previous passwords you may have saved on your device for Boost, then try resetting a password and checking if that allows you to log in. 

If it doesn’t I’d suggest reaching our to our team’s on Facebook or Twitter for more support on this one. 

Thanks! 

I don’t even know if it is a password problem. I have double, triple and quadruple checked that I am using the correct passwords everywhere, and not using the incorrect saved ones. I am not.  I have sent a message on FB Messenger. I never received the link for the app - don’t know if that makes any difference, but Boost appears to have already changed my system over without giving me the right links.. I’ve had to put my emergency credit on today, even though there’s plenty of credit on the original app

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Interesting @PurpleElly 

Usually, if you’ve moved across to our new ‘Boost Top-up’ app, where you were previously on our PAYG+ Boost app, you should be able to login using the same login details you had before.

If not, you should be able ‘register’ your details and get an email password reset link. 

Hopefully the Boost team via Facebook can chase up exactly how you’ve been set up and help you get all the information you need.

Thanks,