Solved

What does this error code "Application FW: 07.04.00" on my SMETS 2 meter mean?

• 25 January 2021
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

Main meter coming up with error code ---> Application FW: 07.04.00 <--- what is going on!? Been on the phone to boost for 4 days and getting no-where, anyone else had this issue?

icon

Best answer by Emily_Boost 26 January 2021, 12:19

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

This is a very unusual error code, @Dukesdukes which doesn’t come up often. 

Unfortunately this code does indicate a faulty meter which will need to be replaced to ensure it is able to receive your top-ups and clock your usage as usual. 

What we’ll need to do is pass your details on to our engineering team to arrange a site revisit. You can do this through Facebook, or call the Boost Care team on 0330 102 7517, they’re here Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm. :slight_smile:

Hi, did you ever get this sorted? your post is literally the only one on the internet I can find that has the same thing on my meter, haven’t been able to do anything, top up, check balance, ihd not working, app not working, it’s like the meter is dead except all the lights are flashing and I have a continuous supply of electric

This is displayed on my actual meter, all lights are flashing as they should, have done meter health check, ihd has never worked for electric,  has been like this since 1st June when I was put onto new app, balance wasn’t transferred from old app, I can top up in the new app, money is coming out of bank account but it is not going on to balance, so my money is floating around in cyber space somewhere, I have phoned 10-15 times, each time told to wait for engineer, I have emailed, I have contacted through Facebook, does anyone know what this error code means? 

Userlevel 2

Hi @nickireed and thanks for posting an important question about the error code you’re seeing on your electric meter.

Unfortunately this code does indicate a faulty meter which will need to be replaced to ensure it is able to receive your top-ups and clock your usage as usual. I appreciate you’ve already completed a smart meter health check so this should have been forwarded to our Smart team. If there are no appointments available in your area at the moment, the meter replacement may not be scheduled straight away, but we’ll contact you as soon as we can get something arranged.

In the meantime we’d encourage you to continue topping up the usual amount through the new app - these top-ups will reach us even though they aren’t currently reaching your meter and will help to cover the costs of the energy used since your meter fault began. If you haven’t already it’s worth contacting the Support Team on 0330 102 7517 to let them know about the top-ups you’ve made so far, they can make sure these are added to the new meter when it’s replaced.

Thanks for your patience whilst we look to get the issue sorted for you ASAP. :thumbsup:

I have had this msg for 4 weeks now and tried ever since to sort this out with no avail just keep getting told ring up so when I ring up got told you need a 17 working day appointment!!! Even with a baby in the house and myself a disabled apparently I have to go off supply before any help is given , I cannot top up as my top ups not reaching meter and I have no clue when it will go off supply can any one help me ASAP , rang up yet again this evening and got fobbed off yet again 

Userlevel 2

Hi, that's a (rare) error code. I believe that means the meter will need replacing to rectify it

Thanks I think that too but it’s easy said than don done , been trying for 3 weeks keep getting told ring up so rang up got told use chat so I used chat that got told have to wait 17 working days or till we finally go off supply which is isn’t good enough , all in all think I will be changing my supplier ASAP 

Userlevel 2

My meter broke down the day after they moved us to smart pay and go, took 5 weeks to get it fixed. Everything is at a crawl at the moment, I suspect to due isolating staff etc if my workplace is anything to go by

Userlevel 2

I believe you can contact them via Facebook (usually much quicker)

Userlevel 2

Really sorry to hear you’ve also been affected by this faulty meter error code, @Redhead2403.

I’ve moved your post over to this similar topic so worth checking out the advice given above - 

Unfortunately this code does indicate a faulty meter which will need to be replaced to ensure it is able to receive your top-ups and clock your usage as usual. 

In the meantime we’d encourage you to continue topping up the usual amount through the new app - these top-ups will reach us even though they aren’t currently reaching your meter and will help to cover the costs of the energy used since your meter fault began. If you haven’t already it’s worth contacting the Support Team on 0330 102 7517 to let them know about the top-ups you’ve made so far, they can make sure these are added to the new meter when it’s replaced.

It’s worth mentioning that when this error occurs usually the meter will be in ‘free vend’ mode, meaning you shouldn’t go off supply whilst we get the meter replacement arranged. If for any reason you do lose supply please contact the team on 0330 102 7517 who can arrange for an emergency same day appointment.

Hope this information has been helpful. :slight_smile: