Updated on 12/04/21: The app now features the ability to view your balances. Further info on this here. For some customers, the balance feature won’t show on the Smart PAYG app till up to 3 days after the latest version of the app has been installed.
How PAYG Smart will work
- Top up anywhere, anytime - in the new app or at PayPoint shops as usual
- Enjoy some breathing space - get £5 emergency credit straight from each of your meters, or call us if you need more
- Always be in the know - if you've got an In-Home Display, this can tell you how much energy you're using and alert you when you're low on credit (find out about In-Home Displays)
- And if you run out of credit on weekdays between 4pm and 10am, or anytime on weekends and bank holidays - we'll make sure you don't lose power
What's different on PAYG Smart
- You'll get a new Boost app - we'll tell you all about it in a few weeks and give you a link to download it
- You can't track your energy use in the new app - but you can do it with the help of your In-Home Display (if you have one)
- £30 Emergency Boost won't be available in the new app - but you can activate £5 straight from each of your meters, or simply call us if you need more
- Our text, email, and app credit alerts will stop - but an In-Home Display can tell you when you're running low If you don't have an In-Home Display and want to get one, we'll be sending more info about how to do this, when we move you to PAYG Smart. We'll tell you all about these changes in more detail below.
How will I know when I move to PAYG Smart?
You'll get an email or letter reminder at least 5 days before the move, and another (with a link to download the new Boost app) when your brand-new plan kicks in.
There’s more info on our website here
Why can’t I have PAYG+?
We’re in the process of changing our smart products. This means that we aren’t currently setting anybody up on PAYG+, as we’ll shortly be transitioning over to a new app.
Why does my app say that my account is inactive?
This means that you’ve been changed from PAYG+ to PAYG Smart - you should have received a communication regarding this.
Can I still get a smart meter?
Yes, smart meter bookings are still available, and you’ll be able to see your balance on your meter or your In-Home Display (IHD).
When will the new app be available?
We don’t have a confirmed date yet, but we’ll be contacting our customers to let them know once it’s available to them and how they can access it.
How can I top up if I can’t use the app?
You can still top up at an in-store PayPoint using the payment cards provided. The top ups will automatically reach your meter, but it’s a good idea to keep receipts just in case.
Will I still be able to apply for the Warm Home Discount?
Yes, it’ll be exactly the same as before. You’ll be able to apply and, if you get it, we’ll add it to your electricity meter. More info on our FAQs here
How can I view my balance without the app?
On PAYG Smart you will be able to view your Gas and Electricity balances on either your In Home Display (IHD) or via the display on your Gas or Electricity meter.
I don’t have an IHD - how can I get one?
Reach out to us to request this here