Solved

The Boost app is blank - What do I do?

• 8 February 2021
  • 8 replies

Hi I’ve tried to go on my app since yesterday and it is blank so I can’t get my balance up or top up I tried to email about this but it won’t let me because I don’t no my account number my iPhone X is up to date and the app is updated so I’m not sure why I can’t get on any help please I tried to ring but gave up as I was on hold for ages

icon

Best answer by Evsrebecca15 9 February 2021, 09:09

View original

8 replies

Mine has been the same for the past 2 days aswell and no way of contacting them. Cant view balance or top up either. Just hope i do have enough to lasy until its sorted.

Userlevel 1

Hi

had same trouble called boost yesterday was told app at fault but they working on it. 
had text  today saying zero balance and top up by tomorrow. Obs they’re text service working fine. I can’t go pay point as self isolating at home. 
I have emailed and wait reply.

just so you no if you call them be prepared for a very long wait 

Userlevel 1

Update 

Not sure how Iv managed this but was able to top up once I joined this forum. 
I joined they sent link to authenticate account 

i did thus 

I then clicked account details and topped up, have saved to safari. 
Terrified of running out whilst isolating  so have topped up with my whole household budget £100. 
I’m sure what they have done to us is illegal but what else can we do.  

I was told to uninstall the app and download it again so I did and mine is working now

Updated on 03/07/21: here’s some common app FAQs:

Moving to PAYG Smart

How will PAYG Smart work?

On your new Boost plan, you can:

• Top up anywhere, anytime – online, in the app, or at PayPoint shops as usual

• Enjoy some breathing space – get £5 emergency credit straight from each of your meters, and you can call us if you need more

• Check your balance in the app – every night, we'll take a handy snapshot of your balance. So it’s all ready for you the next day

• Always be in the know – if you've got an In-Home Display, this can tell you how much energy you're using, and alert you when you're low on credit

• And if you run out of credit on weekdays between 4pm and 10am, or anytime on weekends and bank holidays – we'll make sure you don't lose power

If I don’t have an In-Home Display, how can I get one?

That’s easy. Just fill out this form to order yours.

What's different on PAYG Smart?

• You'll get a new Boost app – download it here for iOS, and here for Android
  • You can't track your energy use in the new app – but you can do it with your In-Home Display (if you have one)
  • £30 Emergency Boost won't be available in the new app – but you can activate £5 straight from each of your meters, and call us if you need more
  • Our text, email, and app credit alerts will stop – but an In-Home Display can tell you when you're running low

My energy balance on PAYG Smart  

Will I be able to see my balance in the new Boost Top-up app?

Yes, but it might take up to 3 days to show after downloading the app for the first time. Your balance will be updated each day after midnight. That said, if your meters aren't communicating with us frequently, your balance might not show at all – or be out of date.

Why isn’t the balance showing on my app?

It could be that you don’t have the latest version of the Boost Top-up app. You need to download it (App Store or Google Play) and use it to top-up – your balance will then show after midnight. 

One thing to note is that your balance might take up to 3 days to show after downloading the latest version.

There’s also a chance that you can’t see your balance because the connection between us and your smart meters has dropped out, and we’re not receiving data. This might happen on some meters as we experience a few teething problems with the new app.  But rest assured, we're looking to fix them as soon as possible. You can find more about this in our troubleshooting FAQs section (below). 

Why isn’t my balance showing on the browser version of the Boost Top-up app?

The balance feature isn’t available in your internet browser yet, but it’s something we hope to add in the future.  Download the app (App Store or Google Play) or read on for alternative ways to view your balance. 

Why is my IHD balance different from my app balance? 

The app balance gets updated once a day after midnight. If you've used energy since midnight or if you've topped up since the time your energy balance updated on your app, then your app balance will be out of date. 

If your meter isn’t communicating with us, then your balance won't update in the app. But the IHD will communicate from your meter throughout the day to stay up to date.

When can I download the new Boost Top-up app?

If we’ve written to ask you to download the Boost Top-up app, please follow the instructions on how to set it up. If we haven’t been in touch about this yet, keep on using the PAYG+ app until you hear from us. 

How do I top up on PAYG Smart?

You can do it with your new Boost Top-up app once you’ve downloaded it, just like you topped up with the old one. You can also make payments online, or at any PayPoint shop with your Boost top-up card or by using the barcode in the app.

On PAYG Smart, you’ll need to start topping up your electricity and gas separately – you can choose how much credit you’d like to add to each.

How do I add a new top-up card to my new app?

You only need to do this if you’re signing up for a new account.

If we only supply you with electricity:

• Tap Manage Accounts
  • Click on Add Smart TopUp card
  • Select Electricity
  • Press Next
  • Enter your top-up barcode number into the box
  • Then press Save

If we only supply you with gas:

• Tap Manage Accounts
  • Select Gas
  • Press Next
  • Then press Save

If we supply you with gas and electricity:

• Tap Manage Accounts
  • Select Electricity
  • Press Next
  • Press Save
  • Then select Add Smart TopUp card again
  • Follow the same steps as for electricity to add your gas
  • Press Save

When you move from PAYG+ to PAYG Smart, your top-up cards are automatically added to your new app. If you have new cards, just follow the steps above to add them (from Add Smart TopUp card).

Tried to top up this morning on my app an the screen is blank

Userlevel 5
Badge

@Jodiem2021 @Kiki @Maggie3,

@Evsrebecca15 has the answer there, delete and re-install and the app should work as normal again!

This has happened to me. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling a few times and it’s not working. My electric will be cut off at 10 in the morning. 
please can anyone help 

Userlevel 2

Really sorry to hear about the app issues you’re having, @Littledorrit - particularly as it means you’re at risk of running out of credit and going off-supply.

If you’re still not able to access this via the app, it’s worth checking out the browser version, as you can also make top-ups here. You can also make payments at any PayPoint shop with your Boost top-up card or by using the PAN number which you can see by logging in to the browser version of your online account. Find out more on our PAYG smart FAQs here.

I’m hoping you manage to get this sorted quickly - if you’re still struggling and off-supply give the team a call on 0330 102 7517 - they can help get you back on-supply and investigate the issues you’re having with using the app. Don’t forget to pop back and let us know how you get on - this will be really helpful to others with similar issues in future.