Smart PAYG Standard - the basics

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Updated on 30/09/2020: We have recently changed Smart PAYG. See this guide for info on the latest changes. Still got a question about the new Smart PAYG? Create your topic here to get it asked. The answer will help you and others! 

Here’s the basic features of our Smart PAYG Standard offer:

• Track your usage, in real time via the smart meter and the In Home Display (IHD). To check on your smart meter, just press 7.
  • Have a separate balance for each meter.
  • £5 emergency credit when your balance drops below £0.
  • One topup card per meter if you have both gas and electricity.
  • Top up at a PayPoint and the credit will transfer remotely to your meters.

11 replies

I've signed up to boost but already have a smart meter from a previous supplier. So can't top up with boost key
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hey @Sazzao,

I've moved your post over here where you can find more info on how to top up with smart meters 🙂

My gas meter has gone into vend mode and shut off my boiler how can I get it back on 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hey @Kelly41090,

I’ve moved your comment to this existing topic as its a great place to leave an answer for your issue.

If you’re smart meters disconnected, firstly you’ll need to top up enough in order to get them to come back on. If you’ve done this and they’ve not come back on by themselves, you’ll need to go to the meters and press A, A and B to bring them back on.

If you’re unsure of whether the meter is on or not, wake the smart meter up (if blank screen) and you should see the word ‘ON’, ‘OFF’ or ‘Ready’.

If the meter says its ‘ON’ then the supply is coming through and you’ll need to look at your boiler to make sure its up and running again.

If the meter says ‘OFF’ then the supply is still disconnected and you may need to reach out to us to get this sorted out.

If the meter says ‘Ready’ then you’ll need to press A, A and B to bring the supply back on manually.

Hope this helps,

Bradley 

Userlevel 1

I’m on PAYG Standard and have a question, how I will be able to check my balance? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Check out the above topic, @21lisiczka, if you don’t have an In Home Display, press “7” on the meter to view your balance and activate your emergency credit. 

Thanks 

@Bradley_Boost 

@Amy_Boost 

hello, I have similar problem but the issue is that meter shows OK status. It is topped up, above 13 GBP.

But no gas in the kitchen or in boiler. 

Situation is that nearby my house there are some ground works and it seems that around noon someone turned off the gas, as my cooker stopped cooking. After some time o was checking the meter and reset it. Status is OK but still no gas. What should I do? 

I tried to reset gas meter. Pressed A to turn on the screen. Pressed B. Hold A until it will start the gas again. Did nothing, no sound of retrigger or anything. 

Should I do it differently? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I’m hoping you’re back on supply, @Hrodebert.

If your meter is showing as on, you might need to reset the boiler or reach out to a gas safe engineer. 

A, A, B, on the meter should reconnect the supply. Please reach out to the team if you’re off supply and need urgent help! Our Customer Care number is: 0330 102 7517 - they're available Monday-Friday 8am-6pm and Saturday 9am-5pm. 

Thanks! 

Userlevel 1

So can't top up with boost key

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @dendiosk 

This topic is for customers who have smart meters. If you still use a top up key, then you’ll be using a tradition meter so the above doesn’t apply to you! 

But if you’re interested in smart meters you can check out our availability here