Smart PAYG research group

• 15 October 2020
  • 55 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Updated on 29/03/2021: The app now features the ability to view your balances. Further info on this here.

Smart PAYG is coming soon

This is the topic thread for those forum members involved in a closed research group to help us with feedback on Smart PAYG

For those involved you’ll be getting an email shortly with a link to this topic. Thanks for your help!

For others, please leave your feedback, thoughts and questions on the move to Smart PAYG here

55 replies

Userlevel 4

This is the topic that was mentioned in the email Tim as well as the one you directed me to. I have used the request the ihd page as it links to in the original email but that seems to be a generic “request a ihd” as apposed to you are to request a superdooper simply the best new ihd that we do and need you to test for us. Is that the correct one ? I can send you a copy of the email if you need it.

Userlevel 2

Hi @Ian_C 
Thanks for your comment - I can confirm that the form you have been directed to is the correct one. Thank you for submitting your request. We are in the process of getting the devices issued to our pilot group so you should receive the new device in the next week or so.

Thank you for participating - if you have any further questions regarding the IHD pilot then please ask us using this topic thread.

Cheers

Hannah

Userlevel 4
Badge

I’m looking forward to recieving my IHD and putting it through its paces.

Thanks to @Tim_Boost for your kind PM.

Userlevel 2

@Neil - Great to have you onboard - hope to get these devices out in the next week - will keep you posted.

Thank you for participating - if you have any further questions regarding the IHD pilot then please ask us using this topic thread.

Cheers

Hannah

Userlevel 3

Hi @Tim_Boost ,

Yes I’m very interested in trying the new ihd, thanks for the invitation

cheers.

Userlevel 2

Hi Everyone

Thank you so much for your IHD requests so far.
Can I please just ask that when you are completing the form that you mention in the details that you have received the invite email to take part - this will help me to identify you quickly (most of you have done this already which is great!)
But don’t worry if you didn’t do this - I will still find you :)
Cheers 

Hannah

Userlevel 4

Hi @Hannah_Boost 

I did receive e-mail but already have a Pipit 500 and I am on SMART PAYG, very happy to take part and give feedback.

Thanks

Nick

Userlevel 2

Hi @AztecUK 

So that’s fine if you already have one of our older devices - you can still request a new one as part of this pilot.

And if you currently manage your account using the Boost Power app and have one of our Secure S1 meters (as detailed in the email) then you qualify for the critera.

Please use the link that was sent in the email and submit your details - we will then arrange for a device to be sent out to you in the next week or so with some instructions on what to do next.

If you have any further questions regarding the IHD pilot then please ask us using this topic thread.

Cheers

Hannah

Userlevel 4

Hi @Hannah_Boost 

The one thing I can’t do is manage my account via App or Website as I was moved from OVO Contract to Boost SMART PAYG, I have never had a login given to me.

I do have the the Secure S1 meter though!

Thanks

Nick

Userlevel 2

Hi everyone

Just a quick update from me to say that due to some internal delays we have not yet been able to dispatch the new devices to you but we are hoping to be in a position to dispatch them by the end of next week.

Thank you so much for your patience and again for offering to help us with this activity - we will be in touch again shortly very soon to let you know whats happening.

Have a great weekend and if you have any further questions regarding the IHD pilot in the mean time then please ask us using this topic thread.

Cheers 

Hannah

Userlevel 1

Hi @Hannah_Boost

Please can you check that everything been done correctly and a time frame of when our new super IHD are going to be sent out!

so we can be ready for the changes 

Userlevel 2

Hi @Martyn2506 

I can confirm that we have received your request for a new device.

We are currently experiencing some internal delays in getting the devices out to you but I’m hopeful that we will be able to dispatch these in the next few days.

I will add a comment to this thread once i know that they have been sent to you.

If you have any further questions regarding the IHD pilot then please ask us using this topic thread.

Cheers

Hannah

Userlevel 2

@Martyn2506 @Ian_C @Neil @AztecUK 

Hi Everyone

Good News!! We are dispatching your new In Home Devices to you today!

So hopefully you will receive this by the middle of next week - please allow a little extra time due to postal delays relating to Covid-19 which are beyond our control.

Once you have received your device please get in touch with us.

We will need to provide you with instructions on how to pair your device with your meters and this will involve you needing to call into our Care team so that one of our agents can assist you with this process.

In the mean time here is a link to an online guide which accompanies the device which will give you some information and tips on how to use the device once its set up in your home.

https://boostpower.co.uk/using-your-ihd6-cad

And if you have any further questions regarding the IHD pilot or if you have not received your device by Thursday next week then please get in touch via this topic thread.

Thank you

Hannah

Userlevel 4
Badge

My IHD arrived today but meters are too far away to pair to the device….. so i’m out of this trial..

Its a chameleon IHD6 in case you’re wondering.

Userlevel 4

I received mine today but it stated there would be a letter with instructions on how to set it up and contact details for the pilot. I haven’t recieved that just a box with the ihd in. Do you have a link for the relavant information ?

Userlevel 4

I've received my IHD today and have got it plugged in. However, the on board tutorial  doesn't tell you how to pair the device with your meters and there are no instructions with it 🤷‍♀️

Userlevel 3

@ Ian_c and @ Happyhaddock,

you have to ring boost and they will go through the pairing with you.

If you check out Hannah’s last post there is a link to the user guide.

cheers

Userlevel 3

Hi, Hannah

I received my IHD on Sat. Just got off the phone and my IHD is connected and working. It’s so much easier to see my usage. The last IHD I had was just graphs with no actual figures.

I do have one question though, does the usage include the standing charge?

Thanks

Userlevel 2

Hi All

Thank you to those of you who have confirmed receipt of your devices - glad to know that the postal system is still working at least :)

@Ian_C @Happyhaddock 

Apologies that it wasn’t made clear that the instructions would not be included. As stated in my message last week we will need to provide you with these manually at present until the letter has been signed off (with your help to validate that the info is correct). I will arrange for these instructions to be emailed to you or alternatively please refer to the online guide (https://boostpower.co.uk/using-your-ihd6-cad) for start up instructions.

In order to pair the device with your meter you will need to call into our Care Team (on 0330 102 7517) who will assist you with the pairing process - sounds like @rob1576 has already managed to do this successfully - well done!
You will need to be able to access your meter in order to pair your device, this will be the case with any IHD - @Neil - I’m sorry that this wasn’t made clear to you at the start.

Cheers

Hannah

Userlevel 2

Hi All - Me again

Here are the letter instructions as they currently stand - please feed back any comments you have on the letter content vs your experience with the device or with our Care Team when setting up and pairing your device.

Good news. Inside is your brand new In-Home Display (IHD). And it’s super simple to set up. 

When you’re ready, unpack and plug your IHD into a socket where you want it to live, using the power cable in the box. Then, switch it on and call us on 0330 102 7517 (Monday to Friday 8am-6pm, Saturday 9am-1pm). 

We'll quickly pair your IHD with your smart meter. Before you know it, you'll be ready to track your energy use and get alerts when your credit runs low. 

Heads up

Your IHD will offer to give you a tutorial when you turn it on – feel free to try it. Afterwards, your IHD will be in demo mode (with example energy use info). To see your energy info and balance, you'll need to call us to pair your IHD. 

Get the most from your IHD

It comes with plenty of useful features. Check out our online guide here:  www.boostpower.co.uk/IHD-guide

And if you’ve got any questions about setting everything up, just call us on the number above or drop us an email on hello@boostpower.co.uk. 

Enjoy using your IHD!

Thanks

The Boost Team

Userlevel 4

Many thanks for the reply Hannah, I'll let you know how I get on.

Userlevel 2

Hi All

Interested to know how many of you have been able to pair your devices successfully.
Please provide me with any feedback you have - good or bad - as we can use this to take forward into the process for all our customers.

Cheers

Hannah

Userlevel 4

I rang up today to get it paired with the new unit. The process was straight forward once they have gone through the security checks. However they ask for the guid that is on the bottom of the unit and it very small. To make it easier though that number is on the outside of the actual box and in much bigger writting. So if your vision is not 20:20 then that might be of help to you. I am just waiting now as they pass it onto the IT department to sort out the pairing and it can take upto 24 hours.

I think this is probably something that could be handled via facebook / twitter via private message. All they really need is name, address, DoB and the Guid from the new ihd. Would asking via a message work ?

Userlevel 2

Hi @Ian_C 

Thank you for your feedback message. 

I will definitely look into the possibility of do this via a messaging service although i have a feeling that DPA may apply with regards to the security check - but I will investigate your suggestion - thank you.

Also thank you for highlighting that the GUID is also on the box and slightly easier to read - I will ensure that it is made part of the process to point this out in case other customers struggle to read it - thank you again.

Regards

Hannah

Userlevel 2

@rob1576 Hi - can I just ask you please…

Did you have to wait for your device to be paired or was it completed whilst you were on the phone?

Regards

Hannah