Question

Smart PAYG app freezes after confirming payment details preventing top up - how do I top up?

• 23 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

I am tryng to top-up my electricity through the app but it freezes after confirming payment details and the website that you have posted on this website does not work.

To be honest, ever since this change, the user friendliness of Boost has gone right out of the window and I will be looking to leave, even my email sent a month ago about my concerns have gone unanswered. Seriously not happy.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @MT82LFC and thanks for sharing this issue here. Sorry to hear about your experience since the move to Smart PAYG. 

I’m keen to hear if any other app users were effected over the weekend…. and @MT82LFC can you confirm the latest with this?

As you mention, using the Smart PAYG browser version (here) is an alternative to topping up on the app, also you can use the top up card at a PayPoint, or the ‘Pay in store’ app feature, which generates a barcode, to scan at the PayPoint rather than typing in a 19 digit code.

For any continued issues with this app top up feature, please contact our Support team directly so this can be raised: 0330 102 7517.