Solved

Requesting a change to Economy 7 on Smart PAYG - How long should this take?

• 15 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi

I have made 3 requests to have my tariff changed to Economy 7 due to having storage heaters in my flat. The first 2 requests did not go through and the 3rd request I was told that a case would have to be raised with the metering department and that it would take 3-5 days to hear anything. 

This timescale has now passed and I have still not heard anything. I cannot afford to heat my flat due to the costs of running the storage heater. How do I get this escalated?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Jess_Boost 16 December 2021, 12:03

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Markjones2020 and welcome to the Boost forum,

Sorry to hear you’re still waiting for an update of your smart meter from a single rate mode to a dual rate (or Economy 7) mode to better support your storage heaters. If you’ve got a SMETS1 meter (which will have a numbered keypad on the meter) this change is possible when requested by our metering team. It sounds like you’re already in the process of getting things updated as our Support Team has already mentioned raising this to the metering team. Usually we’d anticipate our metering team to process this request in at least 10 working days so I’m sorry for the mis-advice you’ve been given about this timeframe.

As you mention having made failed requests for this in the past and you wish to get things escalated, we’d recommend raising this as a complaint with our Support Team if you’re not happy with this longer timeframe. You can see our full complaints procedure here and the quickest way to reach the team is via our Webchat which you can access here.

I hope this helps get things sorted for you - Do pop back with an update to let us know when you’re fully set-up on Economy 7. :slight_smile:

Hi Jess

This has taken effect today.

Thanks