Solved

My gas smart meter isn't communicating, the engineer booked doesn't show up and now I have unpaid energy to pay off?

• 26 April 2021
  • 7 replies

Good morning, 

Has anyone else had problems with there pay as you go smart meters not communicating, I have had this issue for the past year and half and I have phoned them over 10 times, every time they book an engineer and they don't turn up, now I have had a over £300 bill added to my meter yet again, and as a single mum only working part time due to having a young child with autism, I can't afford to pay it off in one go so I now have to pay it off each day for years, I have already reported this to trade and standards. 

icon

Best answer by Tim_Boost 27 April 2021, 10:09

Hi @Sharon084 and thanks for posting this. 

It sounds like a really bad experience. If you haven’t already, please consider raising this as a complaint. You can do this online here

If your gas meter can’t send us your usage info remotely (to allow the prepayment setting your tariff requires), it might be for a number of reasons. Bad signal between the meters, bad signal between the electricity meter and us. Maybe the gas meter isn’t ‘commissioned’. I’m not sure, but some things can be fixed by an engineer visit. If we’ve booked in an appointment with you, and the engineer doesn’t show or give you at least 24 hours notice, you’ll be owed missed appointment compensation. 

I’d recommend you check to make sure you’re not missing out on any compensation, and also to rebook that appointment so we can get your usage deducted from your meter balance daily. 

Hope this helps,
Tim

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @Sharon084 and thanks for posting this. 

It sounds like a really bad experience. If you haven’t already, please consider raising this as a complaint. You can do this online here

If your gas meter can’t send us your usage info remotely (to allow the prepayment setting your tariff requires), it might be for a number of reasons. Bad signal between the meters, bad signal between the electricity meter and us. Maybe the gas meter isn’t ‘commissioned’. I’m not sure, but some things can be fixed by an engineer visit. If we’ve booked in an appointment with you, and the engineer doesn’t show or give you at least 24 hours notice, you’ll be owed missed appointment compensation. 

I’d recommend you check to make sure you’re not missing out on any compensation, and also to rebook that appointment so we can get your usage deducted from your meter balance daily. 

Hope this helps,
Tim

Hi @Tim_Boost I have already raised a complaint and got no where, they have just said they will re book the engineer that is meant to be coming out on the 5th May, and now they have added an over £300 debt to my prepayment meter and I am having to pay for it. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Thanks for that reply, @Sharon084 - in your complaint did you discuss the missed appointments, so that it can be checked if you’re owed any compensation? Feel free to email a link to this thread so the agent understands what they need to check on your behalf: hello@boostpower.co.uk. 

Come back to update us if you can!

Yes I did and they are saying there was only 1 booked, I have one booked for today my time slot was 8-12 but as of yet no-one has shown up.

Absolutely fuming so after waiting in all day, and a year and a half I finally get an engineer, who doesn't deal with prepayment meters and they are saying that boost should come out and fit a new meter, so now I have got to phone boost back. Absolutely ridiculous, I am getting in touch with my solicitor and they can sort it, boost are a totally waste of space 

@Tim_Boost they are now refusing to come and install a new gas meter because I have escalated my complaint with citizens advice.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Really sorry to hear about that other failed appointment, @Sharon084

As you raised this with Citizens Advice, they’ll be in touch with our Complaints team directly. I’ll private message you now to get an account number, and make sure this happens.