Question

My Boost Web Page - Why can't I login? I need to check my prices and usage history!

• 10 January 2022
  • 6 replies

When trying to access my tariff and usage information via the website linked from the app (the My Boost link at the top of this page) and getting the spinny thingy (with 4 different browsers), I contacted Boost via online chat numerous times to be told: a) to try another time. b) They have no access to it (chat closed by boost) c) 2 devices can’t be logged in at a time and d) the website is down for maintenance since last year. I have just been told via Twitter that e) “the web page you are trying to use no longer works as it was for the old plan.” and “we now only have 1 plan which is the Pay As You Go Standard plan. This is the reason why other details are no longer accessible online.”

It appears the only way I can access this information is to request it through webchat and that it could take up to 15 working days to receive the information.

If the My Boost link is obsolete, why is it still there? If it isn’t, why is there no ‘system maintenance’ error on it? Why is the password different on the My Boost web page to the app? Why am I being told different stories? My tariff and usage information should be available for me to see now, not in 3 weeks!

There’s no point in apologising, it does nothing.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Some really valid points raised and it’s great to hear you’ve managed to get an IHD ordered, @Jimblob!

I’m unclear whether you mean previous month’s usage i.e. one month or previous months’ usage i.e. more than one month. Until I receive it I cannot check this.

We’d advise using the ‘Tutorial’ feature when you first receive the device to familiarise yourself with what the IHD is able to offer you in terms of usage history.

Is it possible or can I request a feature to allow user to request a monthly email with their usage and payments over the previous month?

We’ll pass this feedback on to the team as this is a great idea. We’re always looking for ways to improve the way you manage your energy use. :slight_smile:

Thanks for getting back, Jess.

I’ve requested a IHD to be sent out and I’m waiting for it’s delivery.

If you’ve got an In-Home Display, this can be used to scroll back to previous months usage...

I’m unclear whether you mean previous month’s usage i.e. one month or previous months’ usage i.e. more than one month. Until I receive it I cannot check this.

Unfortunately, it’s impossible to copy and paste from an isolated device (IHD) to a spreadsheet on my PC. Another step backwards, I feel.

Is it possible or can I request a feature to allow user to request a monthly email with their usage and payments over the previous month?

Kind regards.

Userlevel 4
Badge

So sorry to have missed your comment about wanting to check your historic usage too, @Jimblob - I’ve edited the title to reflect that.

Unfortunately as you’ve found your historic usage data is no longer shown on your online account. If you’ve got an In-Home Display, this can be used to scroll back to previous months usage so this might help to give you an idea of your more recent usage patterns. We’d also recommend checking your annual statement for a broader view of the usage used year to year.

As you’ve mentioned wanting to make a comparison between usage used in the same period last year, in this case our Support Team may be able to help with this one. We’d recommend reaching out to them either via webchat or by calling 0330 102 7517, Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm or Saturday, 9am to 2pm.

I’m hoping this information helps. :slight_smile:

Should I start a new topic about this, since this post’s title has been amended to focus only on the tariff prices?

Appreciate your amending it to include usage.

As your original reason for accessing the online account was to check your current tariff prices it’s worth mentioning that this information isn’t currently displayed on the new Boost browser account.

Thanks for responding Jess.

I also said that I wanted access to my usage history, e.g. to see how much energy I’ve used in December 2021 compared to December 2020. This is obviously not available on the app nor via the PayPoint link. Why can it take up to 15 working days to get this information now? Why should I record meter readings e.g. daily, myself, when the reasons for having a smart meter are to make things easier and to have all the information I need at my fingertips?

Should I start a new topic about this, since this post’s title has been amended to focus only on the tariff prices?

Regards

Userlevel 4
Badge

This sounds like a really frustrating journey for you, @Jimblob. I’ve forwarded your comment on to the team to make sure we clear up any confusion caused by the legacy Boost browser link. I appreciate that there’s been some conflicting advice given so just want to clarify the reason behind the difficulty you’ve been having - whilst our newer Boost browser account can be found here, the legacy Boost PAYG+ login screen was inadvertently linked to in the banner above. We’ve already updated this and this login screen is due to be decommissioned shortly avoiding any potential confusion in future.

As your original reason for accessing the online account was to check your current tariff prices it’s worth mentioning that this information isn’t currently displayed on the new Boost browser account. If you’ve recently joined Boost, the rates are included in your Welcome pack which is sent out via post or email within 5 days of signing up. Any time there’s a change to your rates this would be confirmed to you with at least 30 days notice via your preferred contact channel, either postal or email.

The last rate change happened in October 2021 so these rates would have been confirmed in a communication in September. If you’re missing either a Welcome pack or a communication confirming the recent price change we’d recommend contacting our Support Team to double-check the contact details on your account are accurate. Often a small typo in your email address can be the reason you’ve not been receiving these important updates. Once the details have been confirmed our Support Team can re-send any missed communications the same day so I’m hoping we can get you this one sorted ASAP for you.

You can reach the team via webchat or by calling 0330 102 7517. Lines are open Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm or Saturday, 9am to 2pm.

I hope this information is helpful in getting things back on track. :slight_smile: