Solved

Moved over to Smart PAYG, what to do if I can't log in or reset password?

@Tim_Boost  I  was moved over to the new app over a week ago followed instructions on the email did the password reset and no code, checked all my spam filters, called customer service 45min wait  to be told everything in my email address is correct and I still cannot even too up as I have the old OVO top up card can someone please tell me what’s going on I have been trying this for nearly a week 

icon

Best answer by Tim_Boost 1 June 2021, 11:27

Hi @Jair and thanks for posting this. Here’s some instructions for logging into Smart PAYG for the first time, since being moving from PAYG+:

What should I do once I move from PAYG+ to PAYG Smart?

You just need to download the new app. It’s called ‘Boost Top-up’. Browser version here.  Once you’ve done that… 

1. Open it and tap Sign In
  2. Select Forgot password
  3. Enter the email address we use to contact you, and press Next
  4. Then choose a new password
  5. Head to your email inbox – you'll see a Boost password reset email from us
  6. Enter the code from this email into the app, and press Next
  7. Choose a new password by following the instructions, and hit Confirm
  8. Sign into the app using your email and your new password – you'll stay logged in 

Your top-up cards will be added automatically to the new app, so you can start making payments anytime.

Remember, your PAYG+ balance will move across automatically. You can also delete the old PAYG+ app.

How do I add a new top-up card to my new app?

You only need to do this if you’re signing up for a new account.

If we only supply you with electricity:

• Tap Manage Accounts
  • Click on Add Smart TopUp card
  • Select Electricity
  • Press Next
  • Enter your top-up barcode number into the box
  • Then press Save

If we only supply you with gas:

• Tap Manage Accounts
  • Select Gas
  • Press Next
  • Then press Save

If we supply you with gas and electricity:

• Tap Manage Accounts
  • Select Electricity
  • Press Next
  • Press Save
  • Then select Add Smart TopUp card again
  • Follow the same steps as for electricity to add your gas
  • Press Save

When you move from PAYG+ to PAYG Smart, your top-up cards are automatically added to your new app. If you have new cards, just follow the steps above to add them (from Add Smart TopUp card).

More FAQs here

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @Jair and thanks for posting this. Here’s some instructions for logging into Smart PAYG for the first time, since being moving from PAYG+:

You just need to download the new app. It’s called ‘Boost Top-up’. Browser version here.  Once you’ve done that… 

8. Sign into the app using your email and your new password – you'll stay logged in 

Your top-up cards will be added automatically to the new app, so you can start making payments anytime.

Remember, your PAYG+ balance will move across automatically. You can also delete the old PAYG+ app.

How do I add a new top-up card to my new app?

You only need to do this if you’re signing up for a new account.

If we only supply you with electricity:

• Tap Manage Accounts
  • Select Electricity
  • Press Next
  • Then press Save

If we only supply you with gas:

• Tap Manage Accounts
  • Select Gas
  • Press Next
  • Then press Save

If we supply you with gas and electricity:

• Tap Manage Accounts
  • Select Electricity
  • Press Next
  • Press Save
  • Then select Add Smart TopUp card again
  • Follow the same steps as for electricity to add your gas
  • Press Save

When you move from PAYG+ to PAYG Smart, your top-up cards are automatically added to your new app. If you have new cards, just follow the steps above to add them (from Add Smart TopUp card).

More FAQs here

@Tim_Boost 

Hi I’ve done all those things and checked spam and still no code called in and was told all my details  are correct getting really frustrated with it all now 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @Jair and thanks for confirming. 

I wonder if you’re still getting the same results when using the browser version. Try here: https://boostpayments.paypoint.com/Energy

If there’s no change and no email from this web browser password reset either, I wonder if an error with your email address linked to the Smart PAYG account might be causing this. I honestly can’t think what else might be causing this, but our Support team would be able to quickly check this: 0330 102 7517 (0117 370 1041 from a mobile).

Please keep us updated here as your answer might help anyone else that comes after you and finds this thread. 

@Tim_Boost hi it’s still saying email and password are not recognised Emily on your Twitter page re-sent me a reset link I reset my password still no access to the app or the webpage

@Tim_Boost also I have been sent my card numbers for gas and electric I have tried to register I’m having the same problem there as well 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

t’s still saying email and password are not recognised Emily on your Twitter page re-sent me a reset link I reset my password still no access to the app or the webpage

Thanks for confirming, @Jair - an odd one, so you got the reset email this time, but still can’t log in. Let’s try some tried and tested log in fixes:

When something’s gone wrong

If you’re having issues logging via our app, try deleting and reinstalling - ensuring it’s the latest version. Sometimes this is all it needs to iron out any issues.

If you’re on a computer, try and use Google Chrome (or at least, avoid using Internet Explorer) as your account is optimised for this browser. Clear your cookies and cache and try login again, here’s how to do that:

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More More.
  3. Click More tools and then Clear browsing data.
  4. At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
  5. Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
  6. Click Clear data.

If this still doesn’t do it, I really think it’s worth checking with our Support team that your details are correct on our side, mainly the email address: 0330 102 7517 (0117 370 1041 from a mobile). In the meantime if you have an actual top up card / fob, you can use this to add credit directly at a PayPoint

Hope this helps,
Tim 

@Tim_Boost I’ve done all this before turning to the forum

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Ahh what a pain, @Jair - thanks for confirming. 

If this still doesn’t do it, I really think it’s worth checking with our Support team that your details are correct on our side, mainly the email address: 0330 102 7517 (0117 370 1041 from a mobile). In the meantime if you have an actual top up card / fob, you can use this to add credit directly at a PayPoint

I think we need that call to our Support team, although Monday mornings tend to be our busiest. Later today or this week, give us a call to explain all of the steps you’ve taken, confirm your email address, and get them to check everything on their side. 

There will be a cause behind this, it’s just about finding it and fixing! 

So this has been a long recurring issue as I have had a lot of trouble with just Boost in general.

But anyway, my main problem here is that I cannot get in my Boost account or even activate my account. Everyone I use the first time logging in and put in my email (which has been confirmed to be the right email 2 times by Boost customer service) I never get an email.

My email has worked on both this fourm and PayPoint. But  My Boost will not take my email for no apparent reason. I was hoping to get an account set up ASAP so I could check my balance for electricity as I really do not want to be tipping up everyday in fear that the electricity will just cut out without me know.

If anyone knows how to help with this issue it would be much appreciated. 

Userlevel 2

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble getting logged into your online account, @Matt Rayner.

I’ve moved your comment over to a similar thread as there’s some helpful trouble-shooting advice in the best answer above -

It’s worth checking your email junk folder as the password reset emails sometimes end up here. If you’re still unable to reset your password and get yourself logged in reach out to our Support Team on 0330 102 7517 (0117 370 1041 from a mobile), as they can double-check there’s no errors in the email address registered to your account.

Hope this helps, pop back and let us know how you get on. :slight_smile:

Userlevel 1

Hi there boostpower customer service hope you are all well..hi I live in Huddersfield HD1 area and the app on Android phone is not letting me login anymore,,Ive tried changing the password and that's just made it worse now I can not even login it keeps saying username or password not correct,,so I deleted the app and tryed again but no joy can someone please help me out here.. when I've tried to ring it's saying am like 25person in que and that's too long has Ive not much credit

Userlevel 2

Hi there, @Jason45 and welcome to the Boost online community.

Sorry to hear you’re having some issues getting logged in there. Sounds like you might have been moved over to PAYG Smart which means you’ll need to download our new app. I’ve moved your comment over to this related topic the best answer above gives some helpful tips on how to get this done - 

You just need to download the new app. It’s called ‘Boost Top-up’ (download for Android or iOS). Browser version here.  Once you’ve done that… 

Let us know if this solves the issue. :slight_smile:

Have ovo app when I click to get email to generate account nothing comes through 

Email does work

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @Andy007 

I’m keen to offer some help here but I’ll need a bit more info. 

Are you a Boost customer? Do you have smart meters? Have you every logged into a Boost online account, PAYG+ etc before?

For Smart PAYG’s ‘Boost Top Up’ app, the links are here for Android, and iOS. Browser version here. FAQs here:

I am a boost customer for about 2 years, am having a smart meter installed saturday. Have never logged in before. Tried the new customer section, however it does no email me a link. I know email works as I had confirmation email about Saturdays install

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Ahh gotcha, @Andy007 - thanks for confirming. 

You'll have login access to Smart PAYG’s ‘Boost Top Up’ once those smart meters are fitted. It might take a few days to see everything, but the engineer will talk you through the meters and how to top up when they visit. 

Come back here if you have any further questions about your shiney new meters!