Solved

Moved on to Smart PAYG but top ups not showing on gas, just electric - how do I get the credit onto the gas or get a refund?

• 6 November 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Topped up on new app.money went on electric, but not on gas , tried 5 times to top up gas kept coming up as error. Just looked on my online banking it has taken 5 x ten pounds from my account but still have no money on gas. So i have no gas and I’m £50 out of pocket what’s going on ? 

icon

Best answer by IAIN1 10 November 2020, 14:52

Hi Boost Forum Members, I was also having trouble with my gas balance not updating on the Smart Meter but the electric one did update. Read elsewhere in the Boost Forum… Have ya tried typing your 20 Digit Vend Code from your Gas Digital Receipt or Physical Receipt directly into your Gas meter. Pressing Button A, Input 20 Digit Vend Code and Button B.

I just had a result with mine.

View original

7 replies

Hi 

Has anyone been able to top up there gas with the new barcode,!! As Im runing out of credit fast,I spent 2 hours on the phone yesterday to be told  in 20 seconds ring back in the morning  you wont be cut off and there not even open,I'm working monday how the hell am I suppse to sit on the phone for another 2 hours monday yes my company will love that well done boost,I'm looking for a new supplier,sorry for the rant.

Userlevel 1

Do not make any card payments through the new Boost App. It has taken £140 out of my bank account through the app even though it rejected my initial payment of £20 and stated it didn’t charge me.

Gave a fake number of 02477767296 as well to contact them on.

I spoke to Boost yesterday afternoon and they stated I only had £9 left on my account before I used my bank card with them to make a £20 payment. 

I repeat do not use any card payment through that app or you will be stung for fraud like I have been done.

I am now down to my last £50 for the next week because of this and have contacted my bank who can’t guarentee my money back.

Well done Boost for creating an app which makes loop payments galore from dishonesty.

Userlevel 2

Nope, was given a code from customer support, didnt work, rang them back, on the phone for an hour, got hung up on… Currently riding emergency credit until a switch over to Bulb energy kicks in… 

Complete nightmare, especially when they couldnt of picked a worse time with the weather to drop a complete ball ache like they have!

They’ve totally screwed up, in the most part, by implementing this… The service previously worked, why change it, well, I do know why… All the fanfare about how it will be better blah blah blah is nothing more then them implementing a system to save them money… Thats the top and bottom of it!

Probably laid off the web developers and got Gary the janitor to make their app… Because thats what it looks like to me!  

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @Deborah crumplin and thanks for posting. So sorry to hear about this experience. 

It sounds like you might have been effected by the issue outlined in this topic, which I’ll copy below:

I can confirm that there was an issue with 873 accounts that were being changed over from PAYG+ to Smart PAYG, which occurred on Friday 6th. The latest on this is as follows:

• We've now resolved 793 out of 873 of the failed transfers, these customers should be able to top up normally and would have received an email to confirm this. 
  • 50 failed altogether, these customers should continue to top up on PAYG+ until we email them to advise. 
  • 30 have partially succeeded (where gas or electricity has failed to change to Smart PAYG, and the other one has been successful). These exceptions are being fixed now and will be confirmed with an email. 

If the meter that you can’t add credit to is off supply, please call us to ensure the credit you’ve topped up with is transferred: 0330 102 7517. If you still have credit, it might be worth waiting for our team to fix this issue and transfer extra credit across. You would also be able to arrange a refund if you didn’t want all of those top ups on either of the meters. 

I really hope this gets sorted for you, and quickly!

Hi Boost Forum Members, I was also having trouble with my gas balance not updating on the Smart Meter but the electric one did update. Read elsewhere in the Boost Forum… Have ya tried typing your 20 Digit Vend Code from your Gas Digital Receipt or Physical Receipt directly into your Gas meter. Pressing Button A, Input 20 Digit Vend Code and Button B.

I just had a result with mine.

I have sent multiple emails to you and have requested call back regarding the transfer of money from old account to new account . I am not happy with the new account as you cant see what you are using by app and would rather be transfered back to the old account if possible . I never asked to be transfered

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @Elisa7319 and thanks for posting. 

Sorry to hear about the issues getting a response from our Support team. Due to high volumes, our email wait time is over 5 days. But we’re getting to everyone as soon as we can. 

Your credit on your PAYG+ account will automatically get transferred to your Smart PAYG meters within 5 working days of the change. Make sure you’ve been contacted by us by email to confirm this change has happened. If you haven’t, it will still be your PAYG+ account you’ll need to use….