Solved

Meter balances are old

Userlevel 1

Hi all! It’s the 15th today yet my meter balances on the app and online show ‘as of’ the 12th? Anyone else got this?

icon

Best answer by Jess_Boost 18 May 2022, 10:42

View original

35 replies

Userlevel 1

Mine seems to be doing the same. Mine says the 11th since the last meter balance. I checked my meter and WAN seems to have good signal strength, so I’m not sure what’s going on. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your reply! I see there is a notification on the Boost App that there is maintenance work ongoing. Hopefully they are working on a fix?

Userlevel 1

Yes I noticed that this morning, so hopefully they will fix it.

Userlevel 1

Good morning! My online and App balances still aren’t correct, is it still the same for you? 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi. My Boost app hasn't updated gas/electricity balance since 11/12 May. I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times, as well as clearing data and cache on the app.

The Twitter Boost team haven't answered my query so: A rough estimate of when the app issues will be resolved? Thanks 

I have the same problem, app balance from 12th, wan signal is a little on the weak side flashing 3 times before a pause. My meter SMETS1 does seem to display the correct balance but clearly not communicating through the app. 

Mine is the same, god knows what’s going on, it’s nearly been a week now

Userlevel 1

Good morning! My online and App balances still aren’t correct, is it still the same for you? 

Good morning, Yes mine is the same. However, I topped up to see if the balance changed on my In Home Display unit and the balance changed. I will see tomorrow if the balance changes in the app. It seems my meter is communicating, but Boost aren't updating the system their end. Really confusing.

Does anyone know when the app will update balance? My ihd does not show me a balance (can't work out how to as it's old) I'm scared I will run out!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi and welcome to the Boost forum - @Black Scorpion@cmarie3306@angellda@Snowmancarnage@Jjcrow, @Mellymoo 

I’m really sorry to hear of the difficulties you’ve had when using the app to check your meter balances. Just to help us trouble-shoot what might be causing the issue can I please ask, were you making top-ups via the app? Or did you enter the top-up code directly on to the meter?

Hi @Jess_Boost  I topped up today using the app, payments was accepted, the outside meter also shows the new balance when I hold B and scroll to balance. The app balance appears to be stuck on 12/05/2022 and has not changed since that date, people will run out of credit as there will be no notification from the app when running low, if they don't check regularly. Thank you for your time.

Yes it is happening to me too. Balance on app stuck on 12/05/22. Very frustrating as no other way to check balance as my ihd doesn't display. So guessing at the moment!

Userlevel 1

Hi and welcome to the Boost forum - @Black Scorpion@cmarie3306@angellda@Snowmancarnage@Jjcrow@Mellymoo 

I’m really sorry to hear of the difficulties you’ve had when using the app to check your meter balances. Just to help us trouble-shoot what might be causing the issue can I please ask, were you making top-ups via the app? Or did you enter the top-up code directly on to the meter?

Hi Jess_Boost I have been making top ups via the Boost Payment Portal, although I do have the app to check balances. The same balance shows on the Portal too. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi and welcome to the Boost forum - @Black Scorpion@cmarie3306@angellda@Snowmancarnage@Jjcrow@Mellymoo 

Hi. I only top up via the app and available balance is still stuck on 11/12 May. It's the same on two different phones.

Hi Jess_Boost I have been making top ups via the Boost Payment Portal, although I do have the app to check balances. The same balance shows on the Portal too. 

Its nothing to do with topping up. Can to up fine but the balance on the app has not changed since the 12th! Obviously something to do with the update as lots of people having  same issues!

Userlevel 1

Its nothing to do with topping up. Can to up fine but the balance on the app has not changed since the 12th! Obviously something to do with the update as lots of people having  same issues!

Yes I know it’s nothing to do with topping up, but if you top up, it will NOT show up on the app with the balances. And yes, it’s the night time update which isn't working!

Yes I know it’s nothing to do with topping up, but if you top up, it will NOT show up on the app with the balances. And yes, it’s the night time update which isn't working!

Sorry that meant to reply to boost 🤣 I'm not great with this haha

Userlevel 1

Sorry that meant to reply to boost 🤣 I'm not great with this haha

Hey it’s ok 😊😊😂

Userlevel 3
Badge

The Twitter Boost team suggested I uninstall and reinstall the app and wait 72 hours for the balance to refresh. 72 hours LOL, I might have been cut off by then. Should it take that long? Anyway, I've already followed that advice and it's still showing the old balances.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Just to update you all here - I’ve passed this one on to the app team as it does suggest a wider issue.

I’ll be sure to pop back as soon as I know more.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

Userlevel 1

It isn’t just the App please note, balances via Web also out of date.

Userlevel 1

I have the exact same problem and it’s concerning that I can’t check from the app! I’m going away soon and really don’t want to be cut off when away! 

Got same issue trying to top up payment won’t go through all since they did the update,did receive phone call and email to say I can top up now but something has definitely gone wrong.

Userlevel 1

Can we have a response from BOOST please so we know what on earth is going on?! 
woke up to the app still stuck on thursdays info??

Userlevel 4
Badge

Sorry to hear this Boost App issue is still affecting a number of you.

I’m still waiting to hear back from our App team but will pop back as soon as I have more details.

I hope we can get to the bottom of this quickly for you all.