Leave your feedback and discuss Smart PAYG and the new app here!

• 6 November 2020
  • 73 replies

Userlevel 3

Why the hell can't I see my balance is this a joke by boast energy I think you need to rethink this useless app should of just left the old app has it was bloody clowns 🤬🤬🤬

73 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi everyone and thank you for signing up to your Boost community and sharing your thoughts on Smart PAYG changes and the new app. 

I’m not going to type this and pretend everyone is delighted at the changes. That wouldn’t be accurate. I will say that your feedback is valuable, especially if it outlines the things you miss, anything that’s wrong, unclear etc. That’s what this online space is about. 

I can confirm that there was an issue with 873 accounts that were being changed over from PAYG+ to Smart PAYG, which occurred on Friday 6th. The latest on this is as follows:

• We've now resolved 793 out of 873 of the failed transfers, these customers should be able to top up normally and would have received an email to confirm this. 
  • 50 failed altogether, these customers should continue to top up on PAYG+ until we email them to advise. 
  • 30 have partially succeeded (where gas or electricity has failed to change to Smart PAYG, and the other one has been successful). These exceptions are being fixed now and will be confirmed with an email. 

Hi everyone and thank you for signing up to your Boost community and sharing your thoughts on Smart PAYG changes and the new app. 

I’m not going to type this and pretend everyone is delighted at the changes. That wouldn’t be accurate. I will say that your feedback is valuable, especially if it outlines the things you miss, anything that’s wrong, unclear etc. That’s what this online space is about. 

I can confirm that there was an issue with 873 accounts that were being changed over from PAYG+ to Smart PAYG, which occurred on Friday 6th. The latest on this is as follows:

• We've now resolved 793 out of 873 of the failed transfers, these customers should be able to top up normally and would have received an email to confirm this. 
  • 50 failed altogether, these customers should continue to top up on PAYG+ until we email them to advise. 
  • 30 have partially succeeded (where gas or electricity has failed to change to Smart PAYG, and the other one has been successful). These exceptions are being fixed now and will be confirmed with an email. 

Thank you for your update & being candid.

Unfortunately I don’t think the numbers are quite true considering the situation I’m finding myself in without supply & £30 out of pocket, the same seems to be the case for a lot of people across the various contact & social media platforms with little to no resolve.

Userlevel 2

Thank you for your update.. Unfortunately I have also topped up and it has not been credited and has not been resolved. 

I have decided to change provider as I am unhappy with the service that has been given. 

Userlevel 1

I don’t seem to fall into any of these three categories.  Your website only tells me that I’m moving to PAYG Smart but I haven’t received any emails directing me to the new app.  Currently the only way I can top up is to phone customer service which given the current demand for it (I queued twice today both times there were more than 400 calls in front of me) is totally unacceptable..  It literally took me from 9am this morning until 4pm this afternoon to ensure that I wasn’t going to get cut off and from the look of it I’m one of the lucky ones.  Some people have been without gas and electric all day because of this mess.

Userlevel 1

I can only download ad open app on 1 of my devices not my I phone the app opens as economy energy are my payments going on my boost account? Have no way of checking as have not received ihd as ordered. Why can’t I open app on my I phone very worried and confused

Userlevel 1

I signed up with Bulb as a result of this 

I have a Smets1 meter so the switch occurred remotely and i can now top up online and view my balance via the app like i used to with Boost

Money off referral link if anyone wants it:

https://join.bulb.co.uk/refer/garyd7238?utm_campaign=app-referral-share&utm_medium=copy-link&utm_source=copy-button

our account is in my wife’s name and she has downloaded the app but though I usually top up on my phone when I download the app it fails to work and just closes immediately. how can I top up our account if I can not load the app. 75yo and could really do without all this hassle. it worked fine before the change but now doesn’t work at all for me

Userlevel 1

our account is in my wife’s name and she has downloaded the app but though I usually top up on my phone when I download the app it fails to work and just closes immediately. how can I top up our account if I can not load the app. 75yo and could really do without all this hassle. it worked fine before the change but now doesn’t work at all for me

See if there’s an app update. Could be an issue with the app, also try restarting your phone 

or switch to Bulb like I did 

I have a Smets1 meter so the switch occurred remotely and i can now top up online and view my balance via the app like i used to with Boost

https://join.bulb.co.uk/refer/garyd7238?utm_campaign=app-referral-share&utm_medium=copy-link&utm_source=copy-button

I also switched to Bulb yesterday, also have smet1 meters but it looks like it will take weeks to fully switch over. How did you switch so fast? Maybe i did it wrong and it’s taking longer somehow.

Userlevel 1

I also switched to Bulb yesterday, also have smet1 meters but it looks like it will take weeks to fully switch over. How did you switch so fast? Maybe i did it wrong and it’s taking longer somehow.

I signed up to Bulb online on the 19th October and it kicked in yesterday - so all in all 3 weeks exactly from starting the process to all be finished. 

I think all energy switches take a similar amount of time

Userlevel 1

This is such a huge downgrade. You got rid of everything that made the old system great.

Checking your usage via the app was really useful. You could check it anywhere at any time. It was a great feature for budgeting purposes. 

Checking your balance through the app may have seemed small, but it's actually a huge deal. In an age where electronic devices rule our lives, especially portable ones, you'd expect to be able to monitor things that are supposedly smart with them. That is what earns the Smart label. 

You've now made it dumb. It's gone back to the old way. Who wants to check everything through the provided display? It's stupid. You can't take that with you. Using it is highly inefficient.

You've also managed to downgrade online top ups. Previously, you could put a minimum of £5 when topping up via the app. Now it's £10. Why?

This switchover has done nothing useful. Nothing productive. It's done the opposite. It might have a fancy name, but that's where it ends. The usability of it is terrible.

I'd really like to hear your motivations behind this change. How an earth did you come to the conclusion that this new system would be better than what we had? It is truly baffling.

​​​

Userlevel 1

I have been a boost customer for years now, but they have messed up real bad.

I use to top up on my app at work, on holiday, when shopping etc etc etc, this is because wherever I was I could see the most important thing on my app and that was my balance.

This new app is C - - -

Unlike my phone I am not able to take the smart meter out with me as this is connected to the electric under my stairs, and would probably not fit in my handbag.

I also phoned up as I was having trouble with the new app and I had a wait time of 90 mins then I phoned back and I was number 471 in the queue.

Anyhow all is well as I have switched to another supplier.

Biggest mistake they have ever made, and the customers they have probably already lost is not worth thinking about.

They should try to hold on to there customers as we are the people who are/was paying there wages.

Listen to your customers, change the app or scrap the app………

Userlevel 1

Hi, could I ask who you switched to and how long it took?

Ok so I have been a boost customer for years I even switched my new address last year when I moved over to boost as they where just that good. I have for years had my app to top up always being able to see what was on my account and get an email to say it's running low check my account which I found so useful being a full time mum in university and work....I loved how the amount was a combined amount so not gas in one payment and electric in another so I basically just went on my app and put on my 35 pound and that would last me the who week mainly never went over that and if I did not by much....Well this week is a different ball game, I have in 6 days topped up 75 pound between gas an electric and I would say my gas meter are disconnecting about 3 or 4 times a day even though it's got credit having to keep resetting boiler....we are eating energy like it's going out of fashion....I have tried to call to get this resolved but apparently after a 30 minute wait I was throught to the correct people so they transfer me over to the correct people and cut me off.....so I cant afford to pay 75 pound a week and I cant be bothered with resetting my boiler every 5 seconds cause of the dodgy gas supply neither can I be bothered getting kicked out of my teams lectures and meetings when am on an important video conference/lecture.....so I have requested to leave and I will be joining bulb....they have very good reviews and prices so why not...boost I suggest you pull your finger out if you would like to keep any of your customers 

Userlevel 1

i hope everyones going to be leaving this joke of a company im off to ofgem as they are usless no email replies no message replys as they say to message them on facebook its a joke they oew me £20 off the last app and this new one im sure someones kid made it up total joke of a compny roll on the 25th and we are gone 

Userlevel 1

Can anyone let me know of a supplier that has the same app as the old Boost one?   I cant carry on using this new app as it is so, so bad!!!!

I’m afraid I don’t know which other suppliers have a better app, but there surely can’t be many worse.

Who on Earth signed off the move to the new app?!  You can’t check your balance, there are no reminders, you have to top up gas and electric separately and last time I topped up the app kept crashing but still topped up my gas three times.  Woeful.

Userlevel 3

Totally disgusted with boost as a whole.  A message to say we will be switched on the 5th, but no explaination as to what this means or the changes, this feels like a trip back to the 90s( at least then you could top up 3 or 5 pounds) so now i cant tell what credit i have unless im staring my meter in the face, i can only top up by 10 at a time which means i have to find 20 to top up both if needed, not easy for me at the moment, rang yesterday after my power was cut off at 1550! No indication they could now do this from boost as its always been 10am so naturally assumed i was ok for the day.  Only to be told by an incompetent call handler they can basically now turn it off whenever apart from weekends(after1659 on a fri) she was wrong cant turn it off any evening after 4 either.  So now as im waiting on my whd im stuck with them as if i switch i will lose it and just cant afford to do that right now.... I wonder how mamy other people are now wanting to, switch bit are stuck for now due to whd? Cant help but think the timing is convenient them hoping we will forget to switch in 6 weeks or with xmas be too busy to switch.... Ive set a reminder on my phone to chase my whd and to switch straight away.  A step back in time a useless company with a usless app and system. I signed up for boost for the dual fuel one payment easy app, and now without asking have been changed to this.  Not happy sort it out boost!

What are the top ups with bulb? Is it duel fuel? Whats the min top up? 

Userlevel 3

Anyone else not remotely surprised at the lack of comment from boost on this topic?? 

Userlevel 1

the service is usless but people saying they have been waiting hours to get through i rang yesterday and the day before option 1 straight onto an advisor 

Userlevel 3

the service is usless but people saying they have been waiting hours to get through i rang yesterday and the day before option 1 straight onto an advisor 

The quickest ive got through is 4pm 20mins on hold 

Userlevel 3

I have just sent this email

I'm sorry you're response isn't good enough I didn't get asked to be changed over too the new smart package & I'm sure alot of customers didn't want to either you didn't even consult the customers before doing this & I'm sure they would of said no but then again you rode rough shot over the real people who really matter & as I have said in a previous email I have done the pressing of the number 7 but nothing comes up so once again you try & fob me off with very lame excuse of it was a business decision absolute rubbish 

Very angry customer 

Userlevel 2

Boost is 57 out of 68 ranked companies in the category Energy supplier on Trustpilot

And dropping!

Says it all really!

Userlevel 1

i’m shocked at the sheer stupidity of how boost is moving from old payd smart to smart plus or whatever the new terms are…

not only did you shut off ALL old ways of managing balance ...WITHOUT ensuring the old details are ported across.. but you’ve also made it incredibly difficult of users to register with the new app,, and also locked off the website so there is no way of knowing ANYTHING about the old account.

Once i managed to get into the new account… i can’t find a balance anywhere in the app.. so i’ve no way of knowing how much is left…..

are you intentionally losing users?????   

I can't even move onto the new app.. it won't upload!!! If I press 7 on my meter it says "not now" .. what does that even mean??? Iv Been hung up on.. ignored and had no help what so ever!! My power will run out soon. I just want out!! Iv been told boost have to change my meter and they say they don't!! ARRRGH just why!!! Why are wer being told to top up in shops in the middle of a pandemic???? Why isn't anyone answering any questions??? @Boost