Leave your feedback and discuss Smart PAYG and the new app here!

• 6 November 2020
  • 59 replies

Userlevel 2

Why the hell can't I see my balance is this a joke by boast energy I think you need to rethink this useless app should of just left the old app has it was bloody clowns 🤬🤬🤬

59 replies

Userlevel 2

I AM IN TOTALLY AGREEMENT WITH YOU, I’VE EXPERIENCED THE SAME

Userlevel 2

I am having such a terrible time with the new app I have put on £60 since Tuesday and have been cut off three times. Both elec and gas metres are in vending mode. Have tried to contact boost customer services twice this morning and been on hold for hours to be cut off. On hold again!! 

Userlevel 2

YES, I HAVE TRIED TO CONTACT BOOST CUSTOMER SERVICES SEVERAL TIMES THIS MORNING, ITS A TOTAL JOKE, AS THEY HAVE CREATE THIS MESS, AND DURING A PANDEMIC, THEY REALLY SHOULD OF TESTED THIS OUT FIRST, BEFORE GOING LIVE, THERE IS NO EXPLANATION, THEY SHOULD OF LEFT THE OLD APP RUNING BEFORE GOING LIVE WITH THE NEW, I’VE DOWNLOADED THE NEW APP, ALL MY DETAILS ARE COMPLETELY LOST, AND WHERE ARE THEY CURRENTLY STORED, WITH ALL YOUR BANK DETAILS, ITS SHAMBOLIC, AND NOT CUSTOMER FRIENDLY AT THIS MOMENT.  STILL WAITING FROM A RESPONSE FROM BOOST, WHICH THEY ARE LACKING IN AT THE MOMENT IN TIME.  MAYBE A PETITION SHOULD BE STARTED :grimacing:

Userlevel 2

I WAS  AN OVO ENERGY CUSTOMER,  AT THE BEGIN OF 2015 AND THE SERVICE WAS BRILLIANT, GREAT CUSTOMER CARE.  SINCE BOOST HAS TAKEN OVER THE SERVICE HAS GONE DOWN AND JUDGING BY THE COMPLIANT ITS JUST GOT WORST.

Userlevel 2

WHERE ARE THE STAKEHOLDERS WHEN YOU WANT A RESPONSE

Userlevel 2

Terrible service just automated email response.. No customer service team to speak to only in a emergency. I really feel for the elderly and vulnerable who are with this supplier. Shame on you boost!! 

Userlevel 2

https://forum.boostpower.co.uk/members/tim-boost-149

Userlevel 2

NADINE, YES, THE ELDERLY AND VULNERABLE WHO RELY ON THESE SERVICES, IS UNACCEPTABLE. THANKS FOR THE LINK - IVE ALREADY RESPONDED TO THAT LINK, TO ME THAT JUST LIP SERVICE

Userlevel 1

The new app has just become an electronic doorstop. They said that you can find out your balance via your meter or in-home display. But don’t give you the instructions to be able to see your balance.

I know I have got a few days left on supply, but the point is the app is supposed to help you and now it is just an electronic paperweight taking up space on my mobile phone.

Think it is time to start looking for a new supplier.

Userlevel 2

Both mine are in vending mode no way to tell how much I have on either! Yes most definitely will be looking for a new supplier 1st thing tomorrow morning. Such a terrible service!! Hope you all get things sorted 😊

Userlevel 2

YES, I THINK ALL CUSTOMER AS BOOST RIGHT NOW SHOULD LOOKINGFOR ANOTHER SUPPLIER

Userlevel 1

Both mine are in vending mode no way to tell how much I have on either! Yes most definitely will be looking for a new supplier 1st thing tomorrow morning. Such a terrible service!! Hope you all get things sorted 😊

I was in the same mode, but somehow I was able to see my balance, but that is not the point I should not have to go to the meter to check that is what the app used to be for. It is like it has gone backwards and not forwards.

Userlevel 2

Can you please advise how you can tell how much you have on your meters thank you 

Userlevel 1

Can you please advise how you can tell how much you have on your meters thank you 

I just pressed 7 and it will cycle through from emergency credit and then go on to your balance. But this, as I said, defeats us even having the app, they may as well call the app “ Boost top-up only app “

Userlevel 2

Thank you 😊 I could call it a few other things!! 

Userlevel 1

This is totally unacceptable why change it when the old app worked we’ll we’ve lost all the things that made it work and can’t get a response form boost feeling so stressed

Userlevel 1

Can’t even access new app as won’t load 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

Userlevel 2

I am currently speaking with someone through Facebook app is that can help anyone? 

Userlevel 1

Has anyone else had problems opening new app

Userlevel 3

this new app is absolutely useless! cant see my balance, have to top up 2 different parts for gas and electricity, of which my card issuer has flagged as fraud as i tried to top both up , one after the other.

so, no idea when i can top up, phoned customer service to be told i was 240th in the queue.

totally  appalling service, useless app. i need to be able to see my balance on my app. i work away for months on end, often overseas. no good the balance being on the bit in my house, i cant bloody see it from dubai!

how do i sort this? never had a card to go to the shop either, not that you can top up from spain either.

what a complete waste of everyones time and energy. complete load of wank!

Userlevel 1

Looking as tomorrow for a new supplier and already seen a few people put up some good ideas.

1. Why was the app changed

2.the new app isnt fit for purpose. 

How do I open the new app 

Userlevel 2

Right ok, this new PAYG is not what I signed up for.

I signed up for two smart meters that I can top up online with the app and have the balance shared between the two - Electric and Gas !

I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR A STEP BACKWARDS. THIS IS BACK TO THE DAYS OF THE 90’s WHERE NOW HAVE TO KEEP CHECKING CHECKING CHECKING - PRESSING DAMN BUTTONS ON THE METERS - HAVING TO SHIFT MY CUPBOARDS FROM THE FRONT OF MY GAS METER AND MANUALLY AND LABORIOUSLY HAVING TO TOP UP ! TOP UP ! TOP UP! 

I HATE IT!

IN THIS DAY AND AGE THIS IS SIMPLY A WAY TO MAKE MORE MONEY FOR SUPPLIERS!

IT IS THE 2020’s for goodness sake and as soon as I find a supplier that allows me to use the meters as I originally wanted AND HAVE BEEN USING FOR THE LAST FOUR YEARS - then I will swap to them.

THIS SYSTEM IS TOTALLY ANACHRONISTIC!

BY NOW WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO TOP UP AND SEE OUR BALANCES AND CONSUMPTIONS IMMEDIATELY!!!!

THIS WILL NOT WORK. CHANGE CAN ONLY WORK IF IT IS PROGRESSIVE! 

THIS PAYG SYSTEM IS A BACKWARD STEP

IT BELONGS BACK IN THE 90’s

The new app system is an absolute joke, firstly you have to reset your password just to get your current account details.

Then it does not show how much credit you actually have.

I have an old top up card and a new one. They both look the same but with different codes however  only the code shown for the Electricity matches with cards that I have. As for the Gas one, I have no idea if it is correct or not?

I think it absolutely insane to force everybody to use a smartphone app, I am physically disabled, I use voice type. This has pretty much just locked me out from being able to personally top up my account.

The fact that they have made the process inaccessible may in fact breach the Equality Act 2010.