Is it ok to continue using my old cards

Userlevel 2

2 years ago Boost took over economy energy and never sent me my new cards so I'm  still using the economy energy  cards.I had a letter today saying that they noticed that I haven't topped up in a while. My last top up was Halloween.  Letter was dated 1st November 2021. Will I  get new cards or is it ok to continue  using these ones? I've had no supply issues so far. This letter now has me worried in case I  get supply issues.

10 replies

Userlevel 2

I managed to get through on the phone and spoke to  a very helpful lady.  She has sorted things out for me.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Glad to hear the Support Team have already been able to help get this one sorted for you, @Denise Bowman.

Did they confirm that your top--ups had still loaded on to your meter correctly? Were you advised to continue using these cards, or issued new cards? Or maybe even offered a smart meter to make topping up even easier?

It’s really helpful to hear how these situations are resolved - as others who read this thread in future might be experiencing the same issue. :slight_smile:

Userlevel 2

The lady put me on hold for a few minutes then came back and told me that they would be sending me bar codes through the post. These work the same way as the cards. I should receive these in the next few days. I  have enough on both gas and electric to last 3 weeks. I  made a point of thanking her for her good customer service. 

Userlevel 2

I got my new electric card number via a message on my smart meter and managed to top up via the ap. However I'm still waiting for my new gas card number and the bar codes. Is it still OK to continue using the old economy energy gas card?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Great to hear that the Support Team managed to get those electric top-up codes sent out to you, @Denise Bowman.

Just to clarify things, do you also have a gas smart meter installed? If so the top-up codes for this meter should also have been updated remotely. This means you’ll no longer be able to top-up using your old Economy Energy gas card. If your gas credit balance is running low and you’ve still to receive the top-up codes it would be best to reach out to the Support Team to double-check these are on the way. The quickest way to reach the team is via our Webchat, which you can access by clicking on the yellow speech bubble on our Homepage.

I hope this helps get things sorted - Do pop back if you need any more advice. :slight_smile:

Userlevel 2

Yes I do have a gas smart meter. Thank you for your advice.

Userlevel 2

Just spoken to really helpful  lady on the phone. She has sent me my new gas card number and helped me to put it on the ap.

Userlevel 2

Jess or Tim is there anyway I  can find out when  I  will get the bar codes through the post. It's been 2 weeks now and the lady I  spoke to on Tuesday  said that it takes 5 days.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re still waiting on the Top-up barcodes, @Denise Bowman.

As our Support Team advised these should be received within 5 working days so if you’re still waiting after 2 weeks it would be best to chase this one up to make sure they’re on the way. Quickest way to contact the Support Team is via out webchat which you can find by clicking the yellow speech bubble on our Homepage.

In the meantime you should be able to continue topping-up either using the app or by providing your Top-up numbers at the Paypoint.

I hope this information helps get things sorted. :thumbsup:

Userlevel 2

Hi Jess I  managed to get in touch with a lady on web chat last Friday.  She's  put in a request for the bar codes. She said it would take 3-5 working days to send them out. If I  haven't received them by the week starting 6th December I  will be in touch on one of my days off work.