Hi my ihd is connected to my WiFi as my hub says so but keeps saying wireless connection lost on my hub and is not connected to my meters I have phoned boost and gave them the numbers off the ihd they require they said could take up 2 24 hours for them to connect it it's now been 48 hours and ideas why this will nott connect to my meters and work as it is supposed to do it's doing my head in keeping saying wireless connection lost
Many thanks Barry
Best answer by Tim_Boost
You have a S1 smart meter and a Chameleon IHD6.
To help the Support team work out why the IHD isn’t connecting, we need you to do some checks, which you can provide to the team via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Are the Meter Serial Numbers (MSNs) correct?
We first need to make sure that the meter(s) we are dealing with are correct (mistakes can sometimes be made, meaning the wrong MSN is listed on an account).
Where can I find the serial number on a smart meter?
The MSN for an electricity smart meter can be found to the left of the keypad. It will begin with 14P, 15P, 16P, etc.
The MSN for a gas smart meter can be found directly below the keypad. It will begin with G4P and end with 1400, 1500, 1600, etc.
2. Is there a WAN connection?
Check the electricity meter and confirm what the LED light labelled 'WAN' is doing.
If the light is flashing, the meter has WAN. Please check how many times the light flashes between pauses.
One flash between pauses means very low signal, five means great signal. If the light is solid, there's no WAN.
Here are a list of questions you may be asked, if your meter has no or poor WAN:
- How strong is the mobile phone signal next to your meter?
- Is there anything metallic in the way of the meter which could be moved?
- If the meter has something metallic blocking the signal - for instance a mirror or an ironing board - then moving this may solve the problem.
- Is your electricity meter in a metal box (e.g a metal meter cupboard)?
- Is your electricity meter in a basement, or is it partially enclosed (e.g in a closed cupboard under the stairs)?
3. Is there a HAN connection?
To check gas connectivity, we need to find out whether your gas smart meter is connected to the Home Area Network (HAN).
What is the word 'HAN' doing on the screen of the gas meter?
- Check the digital screen on the gas smart meter. The word HAN will be in the bottom corner.
- If the word HAN is solid, the gas meter is connected to the HAN so there is no gas meter connectivity issue.
4. Are the meter(s) commissioned?
In order for either meter to be able to communicate with us, it needs a WAN connection and it needs to have been commissioned.
How do you know if the smart meter(s) have been commissioned?
- Press '0' on the meter's keypad. (This applies for both the electricity and gas.)
- If a meter has been commissioned correctly, the meter display will begin to cycle through various screens; starting with the date and time.
- If a meter has not been commissioned, displayed on the screen will be 'COMMISSION - YES OR NO'. (This will be abbreviated.)
Please include a link to this topic so the advisor can see this IHD screenshot!