Solved

I've topped up but the money isn't showing on my balance - why?

• 11 May 2018
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Updated on 12/03/2020

a23d355c-43c4-4933-a2bf-15caa7659dc7.png

I topped up last night and it’s come out of my bank, but my balance is still in the emergency. Will I still get cut off?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 14 May 2018, 14:29

Updated on 30/09/2020: We have recently changed Smart PAYG. See this guide for info on the latest changes. Still got a question about the new Smart PAYG? Create your topic here to get it asked. The answer will help you and others! 

Has the top-up made an appearance yet, @Lynne ?

If you topped up at the shop, the credit should go onto the meters straight away. If it hasn't, it could be because the communication with your smart meters is poor, or you've used the wrong top-up card.

You should get a 20 digit code on the receipt called a ‘vend code’, which is a code you can use to manually add the credit to the meter. It’s worth trying this if it’s not gone onto the meter within 30 minutes. To do this, press A to bring up vend mode, type in the 20 digit code, then press B. The meter should say ‘accepted’, meaning the credit has transferred over.

With our PAYG Standard plan, you'll get the usual £5 emergency credit, plus a non-disconnect period between weekday evenings from 4pm to the following next morning at 10am. This is also extended over the weekends and bank holidays.

If it’s still not gone on and you’re going to be disconnected soon, send us a message on our Facebook or Twitter pages so we can look into this for you.

Cheers,
Emma

View original

9 replies

Updated on 30/09/2020: We have recently changed Smart PAYG. See this guide for info on the latest changes. Still got a question about the new Smart PAYG? Create your topic here to get it asked. The answer will help you and others! 

Has the top-up made an appearance yet, @Lynne ?

If you topped up at the shop, the credit should go onto the meters straight away. If it hasn't, it could be because the communication with your smart meters is poor, or you've used the wrong top-up card.

You should get a 20 digit code on the receipt called a ‘vend code’, which is a code you can use to manually add the credit to the meter. It’s worth trying this if it’s not gone onto the meter within 30 minutes. To do this, press A to bring up vend mode, type in the 20 digit code, then press B. The meter should say ‘accepted’, meaning the credit has transferred over.

With our PAYG Standard plan, you'll get the usual £5 emergency credit, plus a non-disconnect period between weekday evenings from 4pm to the following next morning at 10am. This is also extended over the weekends and bank holidays.

If it’s still not gone on and you’re going to be disconnected soon, send us a message on our Facebook or Twitter pages so we can look into this for you.

Cheers,
Emma

I topped up yesterday but my balance is saying I haven't is there anything I can do?
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
I've moved you post here, @kerry, the above ☝🏼should have all the information you need.

Cheers!
Userlevel 1
hi i just top up gas, i cant se balance and how i have to check
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi @egiptcottage2019, I've moved your question to this topic, as it's a little more relevant!

I'd have a look at Emma's response above:

Has the top up made an appearance yet, @Lynne ?

If you topped up online or on the app, the top up should show on the account straight away.

If you topped up at the shop, the credit should go onto the meters straight away. If it hasn't, it could be because the communication with your smart meters is poor or you've used the wrong top up card.

If it's neither of these, I'd recommend contacting us so we can look into this one for you.

You can send us a message to our Facebook or Twitter pages: https://www.facebook.com/boostpoweruk/ or https://twitter.com/boostpoweruk or if you'd prefer, contact us via email at hello@boostpower.co.uk.

Thanks,
Ed

I have about an hour ago topped up my gas with my payment card and it hasn’t credited my account still saying 21p why

Userlevel 5
Badge

@Hailz91 I’ve moved your message over to this relevant topic.

Have a read of the best answer for further help on your query:

If you topped up online or on the app, the top-up should show on the account straight away.

If you're on our PAYG+ plan, you'll get a 24-hour non-disconnect period once the balance hits £0. If you're on our PAYG Standard plan, you'll get the usual £5 emergency credit.

If it’s still not gone on and you’re going to be disconnected soon, give us a call on 0330  102 7517, or send us a message on our Facebook or Twitter pages.

Cheers,
Emma

Userlevel 1

I topped up my payment cards yesterday however my meter still isn’t showing the top-up…. I only have £2 or so left electric meter and i’m halfway through my gas emergency credit.  Why isn’t the top-up showing? When will it show?  What happens when I run out of emergency credit?

I phoned the customer services who said that the top-ups have been applied to the meters and not to worry. But they are not showing on the meters and I am worrying. I need some evidence that the top ups have worked.

Also, the £40 I had on my old meter still hasn’t transferred over to the new meter…I was advised that this would be within 5 working days. This is the 5th working day.

After topping up I shouldn’t have to do anything further:

Smart meter with a Smart PAYG Standard plan: Customers get a payment card for each meter. They take these cards to a PayPoint and pay to top them up. However, they don’t then need to go home and put the cards in the meters. As soon as the credit is in one of the cards, it is transferred remotely to the relevant meter.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @Jonathan T - I’ve moved your post over here so we keep all the relevant info together.

It sounds like the credit has been added if the adviser could see it on our side, but that does mean that your meters aren’t showing the most up to date information.

I’d recommend getting in touch with us so we can trouble shoot this, as it may be that the signal is weak, or the In-Home Display isn’t paired correctly. You could give us a call on 0330 102 7517, and we can talk through the issue, and the steps to resolve it. They’re available 8am - 8pm Monday - Friday, and 9am - 5pm Saturdays.

Thanks,

Ed