Question

I've been moved to Smart PAYG, but why is my gas balance not showing on the In Home Display (IHD)?

• 10 November 2020
  • 17 replies

Userlevel 1

So I’ve been put into smart payg today and my ihd is showing my electricity balance but not my gas. I’ve topped my gas up £10 using the app and received a receipt for it but it’s showing nothing at all for my gas any ideas?

17 replies

I’m having a similar issue I had a smart meter installed on Friday and had no figures on my display since then. I’ve had no email to say it’s been all transferred over so I have no idea what’s going on with my balances...luckily I know how much I have on my account and not worried about the balance running low. But that’s not the point, the transfer has been terrible and what about those with low balances??? Terrible service, I will be looking elsewhere when my balance goes… Boost will loose a lot of custom with not completing a smooth transfer 

Userlevel 1

When it changed I was expecting the worse but everything seemed ok until it said the emergency gas was available so I presumed it must be low and topped up that’s when I realised I couldn’t actually see my balance or any info for my gas. It did stop saying I needed to put emergency on and my gas is still on so I’m pretty sure it’s gone on ok it’d just be nice to know what I’ve actually got

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Thanks for flagging this issue, @Gemsheppard18 @Rach80b 

Can you let us know the latest on the gas balance not showing on the IHD? Have you been sent an email outlining any issue adding the gas?

I wonder if you were effected by this issue that I was advised about on Tuesday 10th November:

I can confirm that there was an issue with 873 accounts that were being changed over from PAYG+ to Smart PAYG, which occurred on Friday 6th. The latest on this is as follows:

• We've now resolved 793 out of 873 of the failed transfers, these customers should be able to top up normally and would have received an email to confirm this. 
  • 50 failed altogether, these customers should continue to top up on PAYG+ until we email them to advise. 
  • 30 have partially succeeded (where gas or electricity has failed to change to Smart PAYG, and the other one has been successful). These exceptions are being fixed now and will be confirmed with an email. 
Userlevel 1

@Tim_Boost my gas balance and anything related to gas is still not showing on my ihd. I have sent an email but havet heard anything back. My gas meter isn’t easily accessible so I really need to be able to see it on my ihd

@Tim_Boost 

hi Tim, I’ve had a separate issue of not being informed my balance takes 5 working days to transfer over so spent 2 hours with Boost to get me emergency credit put on the meters. The IHD worked for an hour yesterday after the balance was uploaded but quickly reverted to showing nothing again. Completely pointless piece of kit at the minute I have no idea what’s going g in and when/if my significant balance will be transferred over ...supposedly tomorrow . The question is if it is transferred will it show on the IHD?

So I’ve been put into smart payg today and my ihd is showing my electricity balance but not my gas. I’ve topped my gas up £10 using the app and received a receipt for it but it’s showing nothing at all for my gas any ideas?

Having the same issue as this but my gas is showing whilst my electricity isn't, the company is a shambles

Userlevel 1

I have the same issue but neither the gas or electricity balance shows on the in home display only and estimated bill 

Userlevel 1

I’m now being told that I need to top up soon even though there should be nearly £30 on my gas but can’t see my balance to check

I got my smart meters installed yesterday. The IHD I was given did show the balance of both meters. However when checking this morning, it only shows my gas balance. How can I get it to show my electric balance again? 

electric smart meter has a row of 5 flashing green lights but lower down has a single flashing red light. Is there something wrong with my IHD or my meter?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@Amie.Rowswell @Denise March 1 if your IHD isn’t showing both fuels when correctly navigating the menu, and you haven’t had an email from us to confirm why or next steps, please get this flagged to our Support team: 330 102 7517

@Gemsheppard18 @Denise March 1, as outlined in this topic, you can view your meter balance by pressing 7 on the smart meter keypad. It will show you emergency credit info and then the current balance will be on the next screen.

Smart PAYG: activating your emergency credit on your smart meter screen

You can also use your smart meter screen to activate your emergency credit.

Smart meter keypad OVO Energy

Start by pressing 7 on your keypad.

Emergency Credit offer OVO Energy smart meter

Accept smart meter OVO Energy

To accept the emergency credit offer, press A on the keypad.

Ignore smart meter OVO Energy

If you’ve changed your mind and don’t want to activate your emergency credit, just press B.

Smart meter screen: if you’ve used up your emergency credit

Once you’ve activated your emergency credit, you can check up on it by pressing 7 on your smart meter keypad.

If you’ve still got some credit left, the screen will first display ‘E-CREDIT’ and then ‘IN USE’.

E-Credit emergency credit smart meter OVO Energy

OVO Energy In Use Smart meter screen

If you’ve used up all your emergency credit, the screen will first display ‘E-CREDIT’ and then ‘USED UP’.

E-Credit emergency credit smart meter OVO Energy

used up smart meter credit OVO Energy

If you want to know how much you need to repay (including the emergency credit you’ve used) to reconnect your supply, press 7 again.

repay emergency credit OVO Energy

£11.78 OVO Energy smart meter credit

Userlevel 1

@Tim_Boost when I press 7 on my smart meter it comes up with cost now and using now it appears to be in credit mode and not prepayment mode  no current balance shows and nothing about emergency credit 

figure widge

Userlevel 1

@Tim_Boost i cant get through to the support team on that number as its not classed as an emergency should I contact the complaints department 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Thanks for the update, @Denise March 1 

What’s the status of your PAYG+ app? It might be that you haven’t been moved over to Smart PAYG yet, if the meters are in credit mode. Either you’ll be able to top up on PAYG+, or the meter is in credit mode preventing you from being disconnected.

If that isn’t the case, our Support team would certainly be able to support: 0330 102 7517

Userlevel 1

What’s the status of your PAYG+ app? It might be that you haven’t been moved over to Smart PAYG yet, if the meters are in credit mode. Either you’ll be able to top up on PAYG+, or the meter is in credit mode preventing you from being disconnected.

If that isn’t the case, our Support team would certainly be able to support: 0330 102 7517

How do I see my gas credit on my smart meter and also how do I connect my ihd 

Userlevel 1

The new app is working fine im able to top up and that goes through with no problems I was moved over to the new app beginning of last week the old app no longer works as it says I've been successfully transferred to the new app 

Userlevel 1

Thanks but that is of zero help to my question

Userlevel 1

I think this could be an app bug.Most new users face such issues