Solved

I'm not happy with the new Smart PAYG app - how can I view my previous and historic usage?

• 9 April 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve just been switched to the new app and hadn’t appreciated how much of a step backwards it was. 
You only get the useful features of the previous app if you’re actually in the house. Previously this was on the app. Now I have to crawl on the floor to see the meter, but it only shows how much I’m currently using and the actual balance.

I can’t see energy usage while away from home. How can I work out how much to top up with if I don’t know how much I’m using?

I also hadn’t realised that I wouldn’t be able to see info on the old app. Otherwise I’d have screenshotted last year’s figures for comparison.

Any ideas how to get this information back?

icon

Best answer by Tim_Boost 12 April 2021, 17:13

Hi @Liverduck and thanks for this post. Sorry about the delay with my reply on this one.

We’ve recently made an update to the new Smart PAYG app, which lets you view a snapshot of your meter balance as of midnight the day before. More info here. Heads up, we’ve discovered that some customers with these latest smart meters see a delay of up to 3 days once the latest version of the app has been installed.

As for viewing your historical and previous usage, this isn’t currently available on the new Smart PAYG app. I know this is something that was really helpful to our PAYG+ customers. But for this info, please refer to your In Home Display (IHD). If you’ve not got an IHD, you can request this over the phone (0330 102 7517), or via Facebook. As this new app doesn’t show usage, the historic PAYG+ usage section will also not be available. 

The introduction of the ‘balance’ feature is an example of Boost improving Smart PAYG based on customer feedback, so this is really handy to know how important historical usage is. Is there other features of PAYG+ you’ll miss? 

Hope this helps,

Tim

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @Liverduck and thanks for this post. Sorry about the delay with my reply on this one.

We’ve recently made an update to the new Smart PAYG app, which lets you view a snapshot of your meter balance as of midnight the day before. More info here. Heads up, we’ve discovered that some customers with these latest smart meters see a delay of up to 3 days once the latest version of the app has been installed.

As for viewing your historical and previous usage, this isn’t currently available on the new Smart PAYG app. I know this is something that was really helpful to our PAYG+ customers. But for this info, please refer to your In Home Display (IHD). If you’ve not got an IHD, you can request this over the phone (0330 102 7517), or via Facebook. As this new app doesn’t show usage, the historic PAYG+ usage section will also not be available. 

The introduction of the ‘balance’ feature is an example of Boost improving Smart PAYG based on customer feedback, so this is really handy to know how important historical usage is. Is there other features of PAYG+ you’ll miss? 

Hope this helps,

Tim

Userlevel 1

Thanks - I’ve got an IHD.

Historical usage is something I used a lot - so for example, this year I had new double glazing fitted, so it was useful to look back at the same period the year before and see if I’ve saved. And bearing in mind that I’m now in the house all day, rather than away working all week, it was useful to see this information.

When I’m able to work properly again, it’s important to me to be able to track usage etc when I’m not in the house.

The automatic top up was great. I had a set amount every month, and another that it automatically topped up when the balance fell below a certain amount.  

Userlevel 3
Badge

Whilst we’ve removed the auto-top up feature, you can still make scheduled top ups. These aren’t avaiable to set up via the app anymore but you can do this by getting in touch with our Care team on 0330 102 7517. You should still be able to view your balance on your app, as this is something we’ve added back in quiet recently. We also made a great topic about this here

Userlevel 2

The app is nightmare. It’s refusing to delete my saved bank card, making it impossible to Top Up. I don’t have an IED or PayPoint cards. I had an pp that worked 24/7 before this piece of crap was forced on us. And what really grates is no-one at Boost has explained WHY this had to happen.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @DuncanPoundcake and thanks for sharing. 

To manage which payment card is linked to your Smart PAYG account, go to the app or the browser and navigate to:

My cards

All debit cards or bank cards can be managed from here. If you want to remove an old bank card and replace it with a new one, that can be processed from this page.

If this isn’t possible for any reason, could you flag this with the Support team, who can raise this with the developers and also help you get that payment card changed for you: 0330 102 7517 (0117 370 1041 from a mobile)

Userlevel 1

Awful service. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi both, I’ve replied to offer some help on another thread: 

That’s all I’m trying to do btw, just help...

Userlevel 2

The standard response to anything now from boost is “ you can't do it by the app anymore, but ring this number" then you spend all day on hold to get through to what I assume must be the cleaners mother 🤦‍♂️

Userlevel 2

Sorry to hear of your experience using the new app and contacting our Support Team, @aidy3663.

We’re working to improve the features available on the app and have already made changes (you can still top-up using the app and see a snapshot of your balance). Find out more on our FAQs.

If you’re not able to carry out these actions, let us know what you’re having trouble with and we’ll do our best to help here.