Solved

I have smart meters, but I've received a electricity top up key?

• 16 February 2018
  • 5 replies

I am in the processes of switching over, but I received an email saying I will receive a card for my gas and a key for my electric... I think this may be wrong, as I don't have a key meter for electric at the moment.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 20 February 2018, 14:17

View original

5 replies

What type of electricity meter do you have at the moment, @vicsta_1984 ?

How do you pay for your electricity?

Thanks,
Emma
Sorry for late reply
I pay with a prepayment card for both gas and electric with my current supplier. I haven't used a key in years.
I have a dual monitor thing that is in the kitchen where I am able to see current usage and how much is left for gas and for electric.
I'm worried incase my electric does go once I switch over 🙈 x

Updated on 30/09/2020: We have recently changed Smart PAYG. See this guide for info on the latest changes. Still got a question about the new Smart PAYG? Create your topic here to get it asked. The answer will help you and others! 

Thanks for getting back to us @vicsta_1984

It sounds like you've got smart meters, installed by your previous supplier. The first thing we'll need to do is check that they're compatible with Boost - if they're not, we'll need to exchange them (free of charge).

So that we can look into this further, please send us a PM via our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/boostpoweruk/ - including your full name, full address and DoB.

Thanks,
Emily

Facebook have booted me out for 30 days! 😂😂 It seems nobody can take a joke.. Anyway, is there another link I could perhaps use to send this info? I'm due to switch over on 3rd March and don't want to miss that date, and/or lose energy services either from yourselves or old supplier.

Thanks,
Vicky

Oh dear, @vicsta_1984😀

You can email the Care team on hello@boostpower.co.uk.

Alternatively, if you've got Twitter you can send us a DM - https://twitter.com/boostpoweruk.

Emma