Question

I have been sent my login details for the new Smart PAYG app, but it states the wrong email address - how do I change this?

• 6 November 2020
  • 4 replies

So i got the email with the new boost top up app. But the email address it says to put into the new app isn’t the correct email address i’ve been using with boost.

How am i supposed to reset my password if you gave me a different email address that i don’t have access to?

I tried using forgot password with my correct email address and it just says “There was an error getting your account details”

4 replies

Userlevel 2

I am in the same position, I downloaded the app and now I am unable to see the display, and its not connecting, I think this is an definitely  not customer friendly, and they should of tested the app before providing this to its customers.  I now unable to see my credit, AND NOW UNABLE TO TOP-UP. VIA MY PHONE.  IT WAS PERFECTLY OK BEFORE I DOWNLOADED THE APP TRYING GETTING IN CONTACT ON THE PHONE, AND THERE NO JOY, THIS IS ABSOULTELY SHAMEBOLIC  FOR AN ENERGY CENTRE IN THE MIDDE OF A PANDEMIC TO PUT THEIR CUSTOMERS UNDER EXTREME PRESSURE.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Thanks for posting and sharing, @Somebody24 @annoyed customer 121 

For a different email address: I think the only way I can think of is to get our Support team to change this for you. This isn’t ideal as we are seeing large call volumes and queues for emails and social channels, but if you need to top up today, the best option to fix this today is a call: 0330 102 7517.

@annoyed customer 121 is your email address also wrong? It sounds like you’ve been able to log in to the new app. If you have top up cards, it might be better to top up directly at a PayPoint. The app won’t show your balance but you’ll be able to get an In Home Display that shows you this. If you don’t have an IHD already, request one by Facebook and Twitter or phone: 0330 102 7517

In the meantime, you can view your meter balance by pressing 7 on the smart meter keypad. It will show you emergency credit info and then the current balance will be on the next screen.

Smart PAYG: activating your emergency credit on your smart meter screen

You can also use your smart meter screen to activate your emergency credit.

Smart meter keypad OVO Energy

Start by pressing 7 on your keypad.

Emergency Credit offer OVO Energy smart meter

Accept smart meter OVO Energy

To accept the emergency credit offer, press A on the keypad.

Ignore smart meter OVO Energy

If you’ve changed your mind and don’t want to activate your emergency credit, just press B.

Smart meter screen: if you’ve used up your emergency credit

Once you’ve activated your emergency credit, you can check up on it by pressing 7 on your smart meter keypad.

If you’ve still got some credit left, the screen will first display ‘E-CREDIT’ and then ‘IN USE’.

E-Credit emergency credit smart meter OVO Energy

OVO Energy In Use Smart meter screen

If you’ve used up all your emergency credit, the screen will first display ‘E-CREDIT’ and then ‘USED UP’.

E-Credit emergency credit smart meter OVO Energy

used up smart meter credit OVO Energy

If you want to know how much you need to repay (including the emergency credit you’ve used) to reconnect your supply, press 7 again.

repay emergency credit OVO Energy

£11.78 OVO Energy smart meter credit

I got through on the phone yesterday and requested to fix my email address which had been changed without my permission, he said he couldn’t help me since they are only helping those who are currently off supply, told me to phone back later or tomorrow.

Since they changed my email address i couldn’t reset my password in the new app with my existing account correctly. I created a new one in the app and added my duel fuel card, but i can now only top up my electric with it.

I sent a DM on Facebook instead of waiting on the phone again, no reply yet.

I have switched to Bulb, but since it take longer than i thought, i will still need to top up my gas with boost eventually.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Since they changed my email address i couldn’t reset my password in the new app with my existing account correctly. I created a new one in the app and added my duel fuel card, but i can now only top up my electric with it

I’m not sure what you mean here, @Somebody24 - created a new email account?

You will need a gas card number and one for electric. So it’s good to hear you’ve reached out on Facebook. 

I know that the Facebook team has tripled in size for this week, to deal with incoming messages. The current wait time is over 48 hours on that queue though. If your gas credit runs out, please call us directly: 0330 102 7517. 

Not a good experience is it. I hope we can help ensure your remaining time with Boost goes OK, before heading to Bulb… keep us updated if you can.