Question

I had credit on my PAYG+ account - how do I get that transferred to the Smart PAYG balance and when?

• 15 May 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Where is my money?

I can no longer see my monetary £ balance from ONLINE Boost portal page.

My balance was between £70 - £150, I added £50 a few days before the move to payg-SMART.

I am old, alone and vulnerable.

I have emailed x 3 and have not had a single response in 6 days.

7 replies

Userlevel 1

ARE YOU GOING TO CUT MY POWER OFF?

I AM OLD VULNERABLE AND VERY POOR.

6 days ago you moved me to payg smart and DEMANDED i pay to top up on a clean slate

so i paid £20 x 2

you have taken my previous balance away from me £70 to £150 STOLEN??????

AND YOU WANT ME TO KEEP FORKING OUT ON TOP UPS I CAN’T AFFORD THAT RIGHT NOW

i can’t keep giving you £40 here and £40 there

I SENT X 3 EMAILS = NOT ONE RESPONSE

I AM VERY VERY VERY CONCERNED INDEED

IS EVERYONE LOOKING INTO MOVING TO NEW ENERGY COMPANY?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @RMPARKINSON and thanks for sharing your experience. 

I’m really sorry to hear of your credit transfer delays and a lack of reply to your emails. Just in case, the email address to use is: hello@boostpower.co.uk. Our Support team does have longer then usual response times to these emails currently, but they’re working really hard to get these queues down. For anything urgent, our contact number is: 0330 102 7517 (0117 370 1041 from a mobile). 

With regards to your credit transfer, I took the answer for this FAQ topic:

What will happen to my PAYG+ credit balance?

We'll simply move it to your new energy account. If you have both electricity and gas, your credit will be split 50/50. So we'll move half to your electricity meter – and half to your gas one.

I’d recommend you have a look at this FAQ, as there’s some many questions and answers that might help explain how this move works:

Either way I’m expecting that credit transfer to happen v soon. If you’re in any doubt about going off supply before it happens and your top ups aren’t getting to us, it might be best to give the team a call.

Hope this helps,

Tim

Userlevel 1

Thanks for reply,

yes, i read a lot of FAQS

Nothing has changed on the portal.

There is no mention of my previous credit, and no mention of usage.

I did receive emails, one said same as you, “balance will “appear” “soon”.

the other said they were ordering me some gadget that would read my gas and electric meters? I’m not happy about this. I don’t feel like i was informed of this,

I just want to be left alone to mind my own business.

I didn’t ask to be moved. I was doing okay the old way. As it is I’ve had a week of sleepless nights, and it’s not over yet…..i just hope and pray you don’t cut off my power and leave me in the dark/cold, even tho i’m in credit at least £100,

(i’m old alone and vulnerable and i’m not “up with the phone tech, which is why i’m using the portal on my laptop” and i’ve read some horror stories of ppl losing out hundreds £ because readers don’t match our balance from a week ago (which we can’t see anymore bc of copy pasta over every page on the old website.)

We recently switched to a smart meter and we have been waiting for our old credit to be transferred onto the new one while using the emergency credit given by you. Since the installation we have used all of our emergency credit and and still haven’t got out old credit transferred, ending up with no electricity and no gas. We tried topping it up manukau but it doesn’t accept any credit. We tried using the up but when trying it I login it comes up with a message saying the account is not set up. We have a 3 years old child and we can’t spent the night without electricity or gas. The phone number you are advising people to call is useless, a robot is repeating same thing over and over again before hanging up. I feel this is unacceptable to happen when you promised us a better experience when switched to your company and to the smart meter. 
What can be done so we don’t end up in cold with no electricity and gas over the night?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

We’ll make sure any credit from your old PAYG+ account is transferred over, @RMPARKINSON@Alin - if this hasn’t happened yet (meter balance will show on the default screen, just press a button to wake it up and check), then give us a call to get it transferred ASAP: 0330 102 7517 (0117 370 1041 from a mobile).

Smart PAYG is really simple, it can be used on your laptop no issue, and the balance will show there, so that In Home Display being sent to you is handy, but not essential. I’m confident you’ll find this new app a straightforward way of topping up. We just need to make sure any transfer issues are sorted for you!

Userlevel 1

Ooops….i did not know if I pressed “A” on my actual SMARTMeter under the stairs and waited, it would tell me things I would like to know!

So no, I probably don’t need the IHD.

I have plenty credit, praise the sun! I can sleep well again! Phew.

What does the app look like using a smart-phone? Does it have more bells & whistles? Or is it very much the same bare-bones experience as the online portal/dashboard. (I do have smart-phone, i’m just old and resistant to too much change all at one time.)

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Ahh that’s great news to hear you’ve been able to confirm your (healthy) meter balance, @RMPARKINSON! I’d recommend an IHD, which allows you see the balance of both in an easier place, as well as usage and cost info and target setting etc. More info here:

Request an IHD here

As for the smart phone app version, it’s the same functions as the browser PC version. More details and screenshots here:

Tim