Solved

I had a smart meter fitted today but can't top up on Smart PAYG and had credit on the old meters?

• 7 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Been trying to get through to customer services for 40 minutes. Had a smart meter fitted today I've had winter fuel & old top ups to the sum of 152 pounds removed. I've tried to top up with the app it's not going into my account but 5  X £ 10 top ups showing in the bank as pending. To add insult to injury I was called by one of your agents from Glasgow who hung up as quickly as I'd said hello. So I'm now staring at a smart meter that's telling me I'm on emergency credit while the sum of £210 pounds is floating round in cyberspace ... What a good start Boost are off to !!

icon

Best answer by Tim_Boost 8 December 2020, 15:30

Not a good experience here, @CalT 

As the meters will be set up on Smart PAYG, you should be able to top up using the top up cards provided at a PayPoint. 

The app will be set up in the coming days, and the credit from your old meters will be transferred over within the next 5 working days. 

If you can’t top up with cards (or you don’t have them), and you’re in emergency credit, please call us ASAP: 0330 102 7517

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Not a good experience here, @CalT 

As the meters will be set up on Smart PAYG, you should be able to top up using the top up cards provided at a PayPoint. 

The app will be set up in the coming days, and the credit from your old meters will be transferred over within the next 5 working days. 

If you can’t top up with cards (or you don’t have them), and you’re in emergency credit, please call us ASAP: 0330 102 7517

I have had a Smart meter installed today and all has gone well with it (except the IHD doesn’t work because the meter is out of range in a communal cupboard, but I don’t mind that too much). The problem really is that when I went to my local PayPoint to put on some credit, the card was not recognised there. I have enough emergency credit to last overnight and maybe the next day but then I’m screwed. What do I do?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @Voodoo and welcome to Boost Smart PAYG!

Can you see this topic ‘best answer’ above for info on what happens after the smart meter is fitted? 

If those top up cards don’t allow a top up at a PayPoint, please call us to make sure the card numbers are registered to your account correctly: 0330 102 7517

Don’t forget your meters won’t disconnect when our phone lines are closed.