Solved

How do I top up my gas with Smart PAYG when I can't do it on the app and I don't have a gas card?

• 6 November 2020
  • 14 replies

I only have the single duel fuel card which i was just able to top up my electric with using the new payg smart boost top up app.

Do i need a different card to top up my gas in the app, or will the same one work for gas also?

icon

Best answer by McCpurple 8 November 2020, 21:33

I tried to log into the new app today (SUNDAY)as my credit wouldn’t last until tomorrow and I knew the lines would be crammed with people needing answers to the same problem.
I emailed them, stating the problem and although the auto response was “we are busy so will reply within 5-7 days” BUT I received an email back saying they have posted me a new card but they supplied me with the new card No a short while later. (Fortunately I checked my emails for something else.
I used this No to login to the new app BUT what I had to do was try and login rather than register (which is what the instructions say) THEN request a new password. 
They then send you a code to use to create your new password. I did this and THEN I was in.
The instructions are neither clear nor correct, which helps no-one.
I hope what I have explained helps….Good luck

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 2

This was happening to me because they ask you to set up a new app. I did this and my previous app email wouldn’t work so I entered a new email address and got the new app for my iPhone. This however only allowed me to enter in my single card which will only work on electric !!!!! Frustrating. 

What you  need to do is install the new app, use your original app email address BUT as it won’t accept your old password CLICK FORGOT PASSWORD TO GET A NEW ONE - then once you’ve got a new one all your details from before will come up including Gas and Electric. 

Hope this helps as yesterday I almost ran out of gas but had managed to top up my electric twice instead.

Complete  farce and a massive backward step in my opinion.

I DON’T LIKE IT !!!!! I WILL BE CHANGING SUPPLIERS TO ONE THAT ALLOWS ME TO USE MY METERS THE WAY THEY WERE ORIGINALLY INTENDED !

The email they gave me to sign in using forgot password wasn’t my actual email address.

They literally put my full name @gmail.com as my email address even though it wasn’t my actual email address that i had been using with them.

When i tried the forgot password with my actual email address it gave an account details error.

I had to make a new account in the new app using my real email address but now i can only top up my electric.

Userlevel 2

Do you know your original boost app email address?Or did you just used to top up in a shop?

If you know your original details you used when you signed up for BoostPower or OVO energy (like I did) then just log out of the new app, re-register and enter your original email address and tap “forgot password” again. It should then log in with your original details and your electric and gas accounts with the numbers should come up. 

Hope this helps. I’d sent a mail to boost and an automated reply told me they’d get back to me in 5-7 days!!! Wow I’m so impressed with this new service - NOT ! 

Yes i used my original email address from the old app in the new one and it just gave an account details error. Since the email they sent me for the new app suggested i enter the wrong email address into the app and use the forgot password, i think some tool at boost changed my email address to my full name.

Userlevel 2

I tried to log into the new app today (SUNDAY)as my credit wouldn’t last until tomorrow and I knew the lines would be crammed with people needing answers to the same problem.
I emailed them, stating the problem and although the auto response was “we are busy so will reply within 5-7 days” BUT I received an email back saying they have posted me a new card but they supplied me with the new card No a short while later. (Fortunately I checked my emails for something else.
I used this No to login to the new app BUT what I had to do was try and login rather than register (which is what the instructions say) THEN request a new password. 
They then send you a code to use to create your new password. I did this and THEN I was in.
The instructions are neither clear nor correct, which helps no-one.
I hope what I have explained helps….Good luck

I had a smart meter installed on Monday, before the installation I had just topped up and had £15 on both gas and electric, when the meter was installed I was told it would say I was using emergency to Begin with and then after 24 hours my balance would be carried over, this did not happen, and today my gas dropped and when I tried to top up with my gas card the dude in the shop said that it was not working and kept saying busy, and now I have no heating or anything and no way of getting in contact! I’m more concerned about where my money has gone and why I can’t top up, but it doesn’t help that we’re freezing.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @Andderzx 

What’s the latest with this one?

You should be issued a card to top up the gas and a separate card to top up the electricity meter. Also you shoudl be emailed with details so you can top up via the app. 

if you don’t have either and you’re still of supply, please call us ASAP: 0330 102 7517  

Requested to continue using old card but trying to top up its declined cand even topup on new app after following  instructions  .need to no my balances 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

What’s the latest with this one, @daquang?

Can you let us know what message you get on the receipt when the top up are the PayPoint is declined? And what about using the new app - what happens when you try? 

You can view your balance on the smart meter itself by pressing 7 on the keypad, and using an IHD. If you’ve not got an IHD, you can request one here

IHD been requested already .online  says error occurred cant process please call number below but number is not recognised.paypoint just say payment can’t proccess  there’s an error .tried three different paypoint locations .same response 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

IHD been requested already .online  says error occurred cant process please call number below but number is not recognised.paypoint just say payment can’t proccess  there’s an error .tried three different paypoint locations .same response 

Thanks for this update, @daquang 

The correct number for Boost is: 0330 102 7517. Can you tell us what number shows on the app so we can check if a change needs to be made?

Still cant top up .should I request a new card especially now that there's a delay on you switching over .desperate to no my balances as I don't have IHD . Try calling but the que so long 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

You can view your meter balance by pressing 7 on the meter keypad, @daquang - the second screen will show you this. 

Yep if you’re in doubt about that card getting to you in time, please call us. Our average wait yesterday was 3 minutes so surprised to hear about this long wait you had….