Solved

How do I change PAN top up card number in the Smart PAYG app?

Hi

I’ve had nothing but trouble since I was forced over to the new app. Currently have two different PAN type numbers for each gas/electric.

One set of numbers were given to me over the phone where I was told to change them in the app and the other set are what is actually showing in the app - presumably some random strangers usage..

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled several times but am not getting the option to change the 19 digit numbers. If I try to re-register, I am told my email account is already in use.

If I try to sign in on my laptop I am taken to the old app page 

Could anyone please advise how to change the PAN on the app?

icon

Best answer by Tim_Boost 5 May 2021, 09:45

Hi @femmelibre and thanks for posting this question.

You’re able to change the payment allocation number (PAN) number linked to each meter in the ‘Manage accounts’ section of the app. 

‘Accounts’ refers to each energy supply, so in a standard dual fuel home you would expect to see two accounts; one for gas and another for electricity. Each will have a PAN, which can be added or replaced here. 

How do I add a new top-up card to my new app?

If we only supply you with electricity:

• Tap Manage Accounts
  • Click on Add Smart TopUp card
  • Select Electricity
  • Press Next
  • Enter your top-up barcode number into the box
  • Then press Save

If we only supply you with gas:

• Tap Manage Accounts
  • Select Gas
  • Press Next
  • Then press Save

If we supply you with gas and electricity:

• Tap Manage Accounts
  • Select Electricity
  • Press Next
  • Press Save
  • Then select Add Smart TopUp card again
  • Follow the same steps as for electricity to add your gas
  • Press Save

When you move from PAYG+ to PAYG Smart, your top-up cards are automatically added to your new app. If you have new cards, just follow the steps above to add them (from Add Smart TopUp card).

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @femmelibre and thanks for posting this question.

You’re able to change the payment allocation number (PAN) number linked to each meter in the ‘Manage accounts’ section of the app. 

‘Accounts’ refers to each energy supply, so in a standard dual fuel home you would expect to see two accounts; one for gas and another for electricity. Each will have a PAN, which can be added or replaced here. 

How do I add a new top-up card to my new app?

If we only supply you with electricity:

• Tap Manage Accounts
  • Select Electricity
  • Press Next
  • Then press Save

If we only supply you with gas:

• Tap Manage Accounts
  • Select Gas
  • Press Next
  • Then press Save

If we supply you with gas and electricity:

• Tap Manage Accounts
  • Select Electricity
  • Press Next
  • Press Save
  • Then select Add Smart TopUp card again
  • Follow the same steps as for electricity to add your gas
  • Press Save

When you move from PAYG+ to PAYG Smart, your top-up cards are automatically added to your new app. If you have new cards, just follow the steps above to add them (from Add Smart TopUp card).

When I go into “Manage Accounts” I see a screen which says:

Smart TopUp Cards

Electricity (then the PAN)

Gas (PAN)

OR if you have a bar code…….

Add Smart Topup card

I have the option to delete the Electricity and Gas or add a Smart Topup

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

That’s the one, @femmelibre. If you add your correct smart top up cards that you were given over the phone, and delete the older ones that don’t match the PAN numbers you were given, you’ll be able to top up via the app or use those at a PayPoint.

Let us know how it goes so we can mark this topic as solved! 

I have just needlessly paid twice for a top-up on the new Boost web site because my card details and payment were not saved. Only after I checked my on-line bank web site did I see that the first payment actually went through, as did the second.
Even now, hours later, the payment history is not there and my card details have still not been saved. I checked the box to save the card.
Is this usual, or am I missing something?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @pendlewitch and thanks for posting this. 

There is an issue effecting some customers, where their balance on the app hasn’t updated since May 20th. More info here:

The top up should be getting to your meters, see the topic above for info on how to work out if communication issues with the meter is the actual reason for this not happening. 

See this topic for info on pending top ups and how they get returned to your bank balance:

At the top of this topic there’s info on how to add a payment card. Did you do this already but the changes just aren’t showing? With some more info, I’ll do my best to advise. 

Thanks,
Tim​​​​​​​