Solved

How do I arrange the removal off temporary meter fitted due to faulty prepaid meter?

• 23 January 2019
  • 3 replies

I had a faulty meter and was off energy supply. An engineer attended and fitted a temporary meter this Monday. He said an engineer from OVO will need to attend to install a proper meter. I havenot heard back from OVO. I have tried to contact them and it is very difficult to get through. Can someone advice please.
icon

Best answer by Nancy_Boost 7 February 2019, 15:50

Hi @mya87,

Really sorry for the delay getting back to you here. We've been extremely busy in the last couple of weeks after inheriting Economy Energy's customers as they've ceased trading.

Sounds like you've had a credit meter fitted to keep you on supply. You'd need to book in another meter exchange to switch it back to either a smart prepayment meter or traditional prepayment meter (depending on which you use).

Our call queues are back to normal now, and the wait time is now around 5 to 10 minutes to speak to someone. Give the team a ring on 0330 102 7517 and they'll be able to arrange this for you.

Thanks,

Nancy
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi @mya87,

Really sorry for the delay getting back to you here. We've been extremely busy in the last couple of weeks after inheriting Economy Energy's customers as they've ceased trading.

Sounds like you've had a credit meter fitted to keep you on supply. You'd need to book in another meter exchange to switch it back to either a smart prepayment meter or traditional prepayment meter (depending on which you use).

Our call queues are back to normal now, and the wait time is now around 5 to 10 minutes to speak to someone. Give the team a ring on 0330 102 7517 and they'll be able to arrange this for you.

Thanks,
Nancy

Due to my previous tenant bypassing the electricity in a rental I own, the cable was severed and meter removed. I have had Scottish Power reconnect the cable to the building but Ineed a meter installing ASAP. Since joining Boost I have had no emails/calls to say when will this take place? 

Thanks

James

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hey @Jameshfa, I’ve moved your post here, although it isn’t the same situation, the best answer will help get this sorted for you. 

Thanks!