Solved

How do I access my Emergency credit (E-Credit) option on my In-Home Display (IHD)?

• 19 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi, I'm wanting to use emergency credit but don't have the e-credit option on my ihd unit can anybody help? It's at 3.50 and showing the emergency credit option available but when I go into settings there is no e-credit button.

Thank you appreciate any help..

icon

Best answer by Jess_Boost 20 September 2021, 10:48

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Loulou1970 and welcome to the Boost forum!

Sorry to hear you were having difficulty accessing the emergency credit option over the weekend. As you’ve mentioned you should be able to activate this using your In-Home Display - although there’s also the option to enable this on the meter itself if you’re struggling to see the option on your device. The method for accessing this does depend on the type of smart meter you have - SMETS 1 (which has a numbered keypad on the meter) or SMETS 2 (which just has two buttons on the meter - 1 red, 1 blue).

Why did my SMETS1 meter cut out without using emergency credit first? 

1. Activate your emergency credit using your IHD

When your balance drops below £5, your IHD will flash and tell you that you can activate the emergency credit. If you don’t, it’ll then flash again when your balance is below 50p:

• Navigate to the main menu

• Click on Account

• Press the  emergency credit button

(You’ll find more detailed information on what to do in your IHD booklet.)

2. Activate your emergency credit using your meter:

• Press the 7 on the keypad

• You’ll see a message saying EC OFFER – tap A to accept the emergency credit or B to ignore

• Then tap B to confirm

• By pressing 7 you’ll see whether the credit has been activated – it’ll tell you EC SELECTED

Why did my SMETS2 meter cut out straight away without warning? Where is my emergency credit?

1. Activate your emergency credit using your IHD:

If your balance drops below £5, the IHD will tell you that your emergency credit is available:

• Press the menu button

• Tap E-Credit

• Select the fuel you want emergency credit for (gas or electricity)

• Press OK

• The IHD will confirm your request

• You’ll see Emergency credit in use next to the fuel you’ve added it to

2. Activate your emergency credit using your meter

For electricity:

If your balance goes below £0, your meter will say EMC available:

• Press A to cancel or B to activate it

• You should now see 2 emergency credit balances. The first is how much emergency credit you have left and the second shows how much has already been accepted

• If you select the emergency credit, you’ll see an EC sign on the display at the bottom-right corner

For gas:

• Press any button on your gas meter to wake up the screen

• If you have any emergency credit available, you’ll see an EC logo on the screen, next to the signal bar icon

• Press C to enter the menu and B to scroll to Prepayment

• Tap C to enter

• Press B to scroll down to the Emerg. Credit option, then C to enter

• If the status says Available, press C to accept the £5 emergency credit (you should hear a beep sound and the status should change to In-Use)

• You can check your emergency credit balance by going through the same menu options until you see Limit and Remaining

I hope this information helps - it’s worth bearing in mind that your meter should be in ‘friendly credit’ (non-disconnect setting) for most of the weekend (the periods when our phone lines are closed, more info on friendly credit periods here), until 10am on Monday, and from Monday to Friday, from 6pm till 9am the next day. If you’re still having difficulty accessing your emergency credit at this point or have used all the emergency credit available and still need extra support - give the team a call on 0330 102 7517 or 0117 332 3728, lines are open from 8am - 8pm, Monday - Friday and 9am - 5pm over the weekend.:thumbsup: