Solved

Do I have the correct IHD?

Hi, I had my install yesterday. I'm trying to figure out the IHD as it wasn't explained to me. I only have basic info on it. I've looked on the boost site and all the pictures and instructions don't match up with the IHD I have. The pictures show a white IHD and completely different display. My IHD is black and totally different. Do I have the correct one? Thanks

icon

Best answer by Tim_Boost 16 April 2018, 17:19

Updated on 23/09/2020 - Chameleon themselves have a great FAQ section on their website.

That's the latest 'Chameleon' In Home Display @Shaunmy2 - we're working on an online guide so whilst we get this up on the world wide web, get in touch with us to arrange for a guide to be posted. You could email us at hello@boostpower.co.uk, or send us a message to our Facebook or Twitter pages.

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Now that's groovy IHD @Shaunmy2 it's Not one am familiar with in afraid@Aadil @Smiter @Lucy_Boost Do you have any ideas for @Shaunmy2 please
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Sorry I don't have one but that looks great!
Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Updated on 23/09/2020 - Chameleon themselves have a great FAQ section on their website.

That's the latest 'Chameleon' In Home Display @Shaunmy2 - we're working on an online guide so whilst we get this up on the world wide web, get in touch with us to arrange for a guide to be posted. You could email us at hello@boostpower.co.uk, or send us a message to our Facebook or Twitter pages.

Thanks for getting back to me. Wouldn't it be a good idea to put a guide in the box like u would have for anything that is new for a customer? I've worked out some of it myself but for someone who isn't tech minded this could be a problem.
Iv been with boost smart payg+ for about 2/3 months and my in home display is connected to my Wi-Fi?

What benefits do I get when I connect my in home display to my Wi-Fi?
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi @Chris47790,

I've moved your post to this thread. Sounds like you have a Chameleon IHD, is that right? If so, you might find some of the above information helpful.

Nancy
Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi. I'm also wondering if I have the correct IHD? The IHD I have was left by the previous tenant who was also with Ovo/Boost. Would it be possible to have operating instructions, please? 

I've worked out the basics, but want to make sure I'm using it properly, especially when usage will stop in the app. Due to the location of my meters, it's not convenient for me to check them regularly.

It's a Secure Pipit 500.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @Black Scorpion

We can get you a booklet sent out so that you’re unable to understand the features of your IHD! It certainly looks like you have the correct one as it’s displaying information regarding your meters. 

Pop us a message on Facebook or Twitter, and we’ll get a booklet requested for you. Don’t forget to confirm your full name, DoB, account number and/or full address.:slight_smile:

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Emily. That's great, thanks for your help. Have a good evening:-)

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’ve had to buy a 2nd hand chameleon IHD from ebay as in 7 years with boost/ovo,i’ve never had one.

The facebook team are out of stock of ihd’s.

Do you pair 2nd hand ones to the meters?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @Neil and thanks for posting. 

It should be physically possible to pair this device. You will need to call our Support team when you’re in the property, as they will perform some actions behind the scenes and you may be needed on site. Call them on: 0330 303 5063, between 8am-8pm Monday to Friday, and 9am-5pm Saturday. 

Also please let us know how it goes as this will help others! 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Neil and thanks for posting. 

It should be physically possible to pair this device. You will need to call our Support team when you’re in the property, as they will perform some actions behind the scenes and you may be needed on site. Call them on: 0330 303 5063, between 8am-8pm Monday to Friday, and 9am-5pm Saturday. 

Also please let us know how it goes as this will help others! 

Had it been a boost ihd they would have tried,upon further checking i’d purchased a co-op energy one… my mistake.

Regards

Neil

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Can you send a piccy of the IHD @Neil ? Is it a Pipet? 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Can you send a piccy of the IHD @Neil ? Is it a Pipet? 

No @Tim_Boost it was a chameleon.

i know however have a pipet 500 but no signal...

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I can send you an OVO forum link which will help you work out the issue with that Pipet 500, @Neil 

Check it out here, and come back to let us know the latest :blush: