News

APP UPDATE - View your Smart PAYG balance online

APP UPDATE - View your Smart PAYG balance online

Show first post

110 replies

Since the launch of the new app, we’ve had a lot of feedback from customers that the ability to view your balance online was missed.

It was really helpful for those that can’t easily access the meters, those unable to read their In-Home Displays very well, or those that are away from home a lot.

We’ve listened to all these helpful comments, and have implemented the ability to view your balance online once again!

This should show just below your top up numbers, like the picture below. It’ll give you a snapshot as of midnight, just as the previous app did.

RAC5wUPUkbp_oD8koWBb65-qyAbWIjh5qJk8vryz0LmexZiuSJMw3b3gbzXlUQrEZHAs8u9-fdSOc-3NwgMs3RsTVDQNsUYoc7P2k9RFoPTj-eI2X7a1nHFPLnprUc3kYFl_FvI

Some customers are getting the update automatically and seeing it straight away, but if you still can’t see it, try deleting the app, and re-installing. Make sure to choose the ‘Boost Top Up’ app, and once re-downloaded, it should appear.

b-ByqKpi7pCRyf8MIhihu3Y9uqWnPnaqSR4k4MSvgfRVjA7jHSnC4DS_gPpN1sRh6CEhY2Glwp5dKjIiP-VFJl4r2bJ_XLuf3eAfvcs_fLnTweFfGd1GJrh5q9fszj8o7-eiSB4

You can also access Smart PAYG via a browser here.

I still cannot see my balance after updating the app, and deleting it, nor can I see the balance on the in house metre. 
please advise! 

Userlevel 2

Are there any plans to reintroduce the usage breakdowns for those of us in flats who can’t get our IHD close enough to get a signal! 

Userlevel 2

My app on my iPhone updated a week ago, says in the info on the App Store I should be able to view a snapshot of balance and I can’t view it at all, I have tried going to the website as linked above and still the same exact problem I cannot see a balance for either electric or gas 

@Jammie82uk did you see the advice above your comment from Alice? Copied here:

It sounds as if the issues might due to a weak signal strength if the meters are far away from your flat. This will mean that the balance won’t update every day as scheduled. I think it’s best if you contact the team here for further help, as a smart meter health check may be required. You can find out how to do this check here. Once completed, you can forward this to our team on Facebook messenger or by phone: 0330 102 7517.

What’s the signal of your meters like do you know? Any issues or delays with PAYG balance updates in the past? 

Must be frustrating, hopefully this shows up like it did for 

Userlevel 3

My app on my iPhone updated a week ago, says in the info on the App Store I should be able to view a snapshot of balance and I can’t view it at all, I have tried going to the website as linked above and still the same exact problem I cannot see a balance for either electric or gas 

It sounds as if the issues might due to a weak signal strength if the meters are far away from your flat. This will mean that the balance won’t update every day as scheduled. I think it’s best if you contact the team here for further help, as a smart meter health check may be required. You can find out how to do this check here. Once completed, you can forward this to our team on Facebook messenger or by phone: 0330 102 7517.

What’s the signal of your meters like do you know? Any issues or delays with PAYG balance updates in the past? 

Must be frustrating, hopefully this shows up like it did for @Cls…..

Maybe you could read my comment again @Tim_Boost surprisingly I don’t have an issue with the IHD I live in a 3 bed house and the IHD is on the other side of the wall to the meter, everything displays ok on the IHD, it’s the updated app on my phone that I have had over a week that is not displaying the balance like the screenshots above suggest it should 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Must be frustrating, hopefully this shows up like it did for @Cls…..

Userlevel 2

@Jammie82uk mine took three days before it finally showed on the app. The customer service team had no idea and couldn’t help. Hopefully it will show up on yours soon. I hate the new app. Can’t see you usage anymore. I really liked seeing how much I was using each day. 

Userlevel 2

Thank u Alice. But as I said, I already know it’s weak signal strength! Finally after 3 days and no phone call back, I can finally view my balance on the app. I absolutely hate that I can’t view my usages. You have gone backwards with this app and I’m going to be leaving a trustpilot review based on this and the lack of customer service and knowledge. You have gone from being a fantastic provider to ones that I changed from many years ago 

Userlevel 3

Userlevel 1

Hi @Cls and thanks for letting us know this. 

Thanks,

Alice

Userlevel 2

Doesn’t work! 

ive deleted and reinstalled several times. 
logged out and back in again and I still can’t view it. My IHD doesn’t work as in a second floor flat and too far from the meters. Can’t view the balance on the meters as they’re outside and I’m an agrophobic! Even ur customer service advisers have no idea. Awaiting a call back, which hasn’t come! I’ve never had a problem with boost/ovo and been with you for years. But I’m already looking up other suppliers to change to. Yes, I will pay more, but it’s a service that I need. 

so so disappointed