Solved

Tried to switch supplier with a smart meter but they told me I was listed as a 'business' - why?

• 12 January 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
I went to switch supplier from boostovo and was told by the other supplier that my user database is showing I am a business and not a residential property and was also told to ask you to update the database (SSC) I hope I havnt been paying business rates can you help me please, I am straying with boostovo now but would like this update applied asap please, many thanks.
icon

Best answer by mattj3135 12 January 2018, 16:38

Hi @heatherr thanks for posting.

It’s possible that your smart meters are set up with ‘half hourly settlement’. Some suppliers confuse this with a business supply, when it's labeled on the national database. Get Boost to contact any supplier that does to clear things up.

If the database is wrong this is a a simple fix and I don't suspect to have hadn't any effect on the charges it's a simple box wrongly marked - if you drop the boost customer care team a message online (Facebook, twitter or email) or a quick call and they'll be able to update the database for you immediately.

hope this helps
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi @heatherr thanks for posting.

It’s possible that your smart meters are set up with ‘half hourly settlement’. Some suppliers confuse this with a business supply, when it's labeled on the national database. Get Boost to contact any supplier that does to clear things up.

If the database is wrong this is a a simple fix and I don't suspect to have hadn't any effect on the charges it's a simple box wrongly marked - if you drop the boost customer care team a message online (Facebook, twitter or email) or a quick call and they'll be able to update the database for you immediately.

hope this helps
Userlevel 1
We are trying to switch suppliers away from boost, only to find out we can't because our home is flagged as a non domestic supply ( business residence) which it isn't, e- mailed a couple of times, but no reply? Anybody any idea why this is??
Userlevel 4
Badge
@kate4nath, I moved your question over here, as @mattj3135 has given a great explanation!

You can contact us by calling 0330 102 7517, via email at hello@boostpower.co.uk, or via our Facebook or Twitter pages: https://www.facebook.com/boostpoweruk/ and https://twitter.com/boostpoweruk.

Thanks,
Ed
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hey @kate4nath did the above make sense? Did you manage to resolve this?

Let us know!

Darran

tried phoning i got told i have to wait a month for the database to be updated which is a lot longer than immediately and with boost’s raised prices i just want out.