Solved

My smart meter appointment didn't go ahead - what happens next?

We signed up with Boost to get the new smart meter fitted with the in house display. We were switched over with no problems and received the top up key. We then waited for our install. The engineer turned up to fit the smart meter but did not have the in house display which is what we wanted. We then had to ring up to rebook the appointment after waiting for the engineer to rebook this but failed to close down the job. We rebooked this for a future date to take yet another day off work for this to happen only to be told at 1pm after waiting in all morning that this had been cancelled by the firm completing the install without informing us. Without phoning up again and booking a 3rd appointment to get the smart meter and pin house display installed what can be done to resolve this?
we have had several apologies from the first visit and then more apologies on the phone with the second failed install.
getting very disgruntled here and really don’t want to go back to our old energy supplier who hadn’t the same rates as boost but we signed because of the new way to top nad in house display.
what can’t be done instead of now taking another day off work and possibly failed 3rd install...

Phil
icon

Best answer by mattj3135 4 June 2018, 12:58

Hi @Phljhnst thanks for posting,

I'm concerned to hear of the issues you've outlined above. Here's my advice on what to do to get your meters installed smoothly

1) telephone boost and request to speak to the complaints team (they have greater flexibility to aid getting your smart meters installed)

2) request the £30 missed appointment payment (this won't cover your loss from not working that day but boost have a policy to pay this if an appointment is cancelled without 24 hours notice.)

3) if the engineer doesn't have an IHD when they come to install your meters, the install can go ahead - simply contact the boost customer care team and they will send an IHD out FOC ASAP.

4) when you speak to the complaints team request a date that doesn't inconvienence you any further with days off work.

Hope this helps and please do let me know how you get on.
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi @Phljhnst thanks for posting,

I'm concerned to hear of the issues you've outlined above. Here's my advice on what to do to get your meters installed smoothly

1) telephone boost and request to speak to the complaints team (they have greater flexibility to aid getting your smart meters installed)

2) request the £30 missed appointment payment (this won't cover your loss from not working that day but boost have a policy to pay this if an appointment is cancelled without 24 hours notice.)

3) if the engineer doesn't have an IHD when they come to install your meters, the install can go ahead - simply contact the boost customer care team and they will send an IHD out FOC ASAP.

4) when you speak to the complaints team request a date that doesn't inconvienence you any further with days off work.

Hope this helps and please do let me know how you get on.
On the 3rd September 2018 an engineer came out to fit a new meter, he was unable to remove old meter and left ! When will I get my meter fitted?
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
We already had a topic on this, Elaine, so I've moved your query over here.

Check out the best answer at the top for more information! :)

Eva
Promised asmart meter 9times booked time of work for you to cancel day before telling me theres non avaible..absolute joke...fuming
Userlevel 3
Badge
Hey @Shannon mcgee!

It's not great to hear the appointment was cancelled, but we should be able get you another appointment booked in if you can follow the advice from @mattj3135 above.

Let us know how you get on!

Cheers,
Bradley