F.A.Q.

MyBoost / App FAQ

MyBoost / App FAQ
Userlevel 4
Badge
Why can’t I log in/reset my password?

If you’re having issues with our Boost app, I’d recommend deleting and reinstalling the app to ensure it’s the latest version. Sometimes this is all it needs to get working again.

I’d also recommend resetting your password as part of this process and you can do this here.

If this doesn’t work, we’d recommend you getting in touch with us so we can try and resolve this issue for you asap! All contact information will be found at the bottom of this FAQ.

Can you please let us know:

Are you logging in using the correct email address linked to the app?
Are you using the most up to date version of the app?
Can you send us a screenshot of the issue/error?
If not please describe it in as much detail;
How long has this been going on for?
What device are you using? (I.e iPhone 7)
What software does your device use? This can usually be found in the settings section of your device.

Also, we do recognise that the ability to login and top up is important and can mean the difference between staying on supply or being disconnected. However, it’s important to point out here, that we provide you with a black ‘energy payment’ top up card, which you can use to top up manually at a local pay-point. This will be handy if you run into any technical difficulties, making sure you have a working way to keep yourself on supply while you get yourself logged back in.

Remember, you can login to your MyBoost account via desktop here, if you're really struggling to get on to the app and to the local pay-point!

Why am I getting an error message when processing a top up?

This issue can sometimes be down to two things as explained below:

• Usually, the main issue is that there is an issue with the bank of which is linked to the debit card trying to be used to make a top up. The issues can range from lack of funds available to make the top up wanted or some other form of technical issue the provider may be having. We advise it’s worth getting in contact with the bank to make sure there’s not an issue on their end before looking elsewhere.
  • The other main issue is that the debit card details linked to the Boost app have been entered incorrectly. It would be worth removing the specific card details from the app and re-entering them to see if this solves the problem.
Why am I unable to see how long my balance will last, my top up history and my usage from one or both of my energy supplies?

This is a common issue to find information missing from one or all of these MyBoost areas when communications have fallen out of sync between your smart meters and our systems.

This is usually something we can get resolved quickly, if information is missing from the system stopping you from being able to view this information. In other instances, it may require us to communicate with you and make sure the smart meters are working nice and healthily. So, don’t be surprised if we want to discuss a Smart Meter Health Check with you find out what the issue might be. It’s quite painless!

Why can’t I change my payment card information?

Sometimes, when trying to add another bank card to the app it will throw up an error message and not register the new information you’re trying to input.

Usually, this is a simple fix. If you’ve got a few bank cards linked to your ‘Additional cards’, under your Payment Methods, found on your Account Details page, you may want to look at removing some old out of date cards. By removing these old bank card details from your account, it can help the account accept the new card details you’re trying to add. Alternatively, if you find you’ve replaced your ‘Main card’ and are continuously adding new bank cards under the ‘Additional cards’ section instead of replacing the ‘Main card’, this issue can crop up! Look at removing all additional cards if irrelevant and just making sure you continually replace the main card to avoid this problem from affecting you.

Where can I see my unit rates?

As a PAYG+ customer, or a pay as you go customers in general, you’ll very well know you do not receive monthly statements that hold all of the information you would usually find if you were a pay monthly customer who pays by Direct Debit. However, its a common question that pay as you go customers want to know where to find this unit rate information to keep on top of what they are being charged, or to use for comparison reasons. As a PAYG+ customer, who has access to MyBoost, we’ve added this information onto the online account for you!

Just pop to the Account Details page and scroll to the bottom and you should see a section marked ‘Tariff’. Just under this you should see your up to date tariff type, the date that the plan started and your up to date unit rates and standing charges. These rates are also inclusive of the 5% VAT charge.

Where can I find my account number and how can I change my email or telephone number?

Just like above, we’ve got you covered here as well. You can find all of the current communication details we have for you on your Account Details page.

At the top of the page, on the far right hand side, you will see your seven digit account number. This is useful in case you ever need to contact us and you want us to find your account as swiftly as possible!

Just under this section, you will see the ‘Login info’ section, which will show your most up to date email address linked to the app. By clicking on the pencil icon, you’ll be able to change this to make sure you can login to the app and also receive our MyBoost updates when your balance is getting low etc.

At the bottom of the page, found opposite of your tariff info, you’ll find the mobile phone number we have for you. If this changes, or is out of date, you can also change this by clicking on the pencil icon found next to it.

TIP: Just above the mobile phone number, you’ll find a section labelled ‘Notifications’ which you can alter, to your preference, on how you’d like to receive updates from us about your balance.

How do I get in contact with Boost if my problem is not fixed?

As mentioned above, if your issue is not fixed by following the above advice and the problem persists, we recommend getting in contact with us to investigate further.

There are several ways to get in touch, check out the options below:

• You can reach us via our Facebook page here.
  • You can pop us an email, where we aim to respond within 48 hours. Our email is hello@boostpower.co.uk.
  • You can call us, between 8am - 8pm, Monday to Friday and between 9am - 1pm on Saturday's on 0330 1027517.
  • You can even message us via our app stores on Apple and Google Store for Andriod. Here's the link for Android and here's the link for Apple.

14 replies

I have my old phone number on my account how do I change it to my new one please
Userlevel 4
Badge

" Where can I find my account number and how can I change my email or telephone number?
Just like above, we’ve got you covered here as well. You can find all of the current communication details we have for you on your Account Details page.

At the top of the page, on the far right hand side, you will see your seven digit account number. This is useful in case you ever need to contact us and you want us to find your account as swiftly as possible!

Just under this section, you will see the ‘Login info’ section, which will show your most up to date email address linked to the app. By clicking on the pencil icon, you’ll be able to change this to make sure you can login to the app and also receive our MyBoost updates when your balance is getting low etc.

At the bottom of the page, found opposite of your tariff info, you’ll find the mobile phone number we have for you. If this changes, or is out of date, you can also change this by clicking on the pencil icon found next to it.

TIP: Just above the mobile phone number, you’ll find a section labelled ‘Notifications’ which you can alter, to your preference, on how you’d like to receive updates from us about your balance. "

Hi @Stephaniej2019 ,

I've moved your question here as it provides the answer you're looking for. I've quoted the area you need above to save you trawling through the whole thing! ☺

Cheers
Hi, I am waiting my password for entry my app
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @Lorena Arboleda !

I've moved your query to this existing topic to help answer it.

The first section above goes through the password reset process and how to get you back on the app asap!

Let me know how you get on!

Hi @clivewsmith1960,

I've moved your topic here to help you work out how to get on to your Boost app and top up. If you can't find the answer here, follow the contact info to get in touch with our Customer Care teams.

Thanks,
hi ...
i was an economy energy customer , ever since theyve got taken over and the ee payment cards have stopped working i havnt been able to top up online , now ive got my boost card it arrived today , but if i try to login to my account it asks my for email i have used to sign up with boost , but i havnt registered one as my account got took over now the email address i used for economy energy is no longer used for boost... what do i do?
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @clivewsmith1960,

Sorry to see no one has answered your question yet!

In order to get your online account set up, you'll need to get in touch with us so that we can get everything ready to allow you to go online.

If you send us an email to hello@boostpower.co.uk, or if you'd prefer, send us a message to our Facebook or Twitter pages: https://www.facebook.com/boostpoweruk/ or https://twitter.com/boostpoweruk, and we'll register an email address for you to give you access.

Thanks,
Ed
HI, Ive tried to set up the app up on the phone so i can monitor how much electric. do i use the same username and password as i cant access it with the ones i use for this one.
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @JO OWEN,

I've moved your topic here as I believe it's the My Boost app you're referring to.

Just so you know, you'll be able to set up a different password when logging into the Boost app. You'll just need to use your email address as your username.

Hope this helps,
Bradley

Can I transfer my app to another mobile phone if so do I have to enter my card details for topping up or will they automatically transfer too

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @Dony_james 

I’ve moved your topic here to keep all Boost app questions to the same place for all users to find easily.

All the information stored on your app is saved to the app. So, whether you delete the app or download the app on another device, as long as you use the same login details, everything should remain the same.

Hope this helps,

Bradley 

I’ve just downloaded the app but it won’t let me log in saying my passwords wrong so I’ve tried to reset it but it’s not sending me an email ! 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @Ozzy123 

I’ve moved your question here to help you get to the bottom of your issue.

Why can’t I log in/reset my password?

If you’re having issues with our Boost app, I’d recommend deleting and reinstalling the app to ensure it’s the latest version. Sometimes this is all it needs to get working again. 

I’d also recommend resetting your password as part of this process and you can do this here.

If this doesn’t work, we’d recommend you getting in touch with us so we can try and resolve this issue for you asap! All contact information will be found at the bottom of this FAQ.

Can you please let us know:

Are you logging in using the correct email address linked to the app?
Are you using the most up to date version of the app?
Can you send us a screenshot of the issue/error?
If not please describe it in as much detail;
How long has this been going on for?
What device are you using? (I.e iPhone 7)
What software does your device use? This can usually be found in the settings section of your device.

Also, we do recognise that the ability to login and top up is important and can mean the difference between staying on supply or being disconnected. However, it’s important to point out here, that we provide you with a black ‘energy payment’ top up card, which you can use to top up manually at a local pay-point. This will be handy if you run into any technical difficulties, making sure you have a working way to keep yourself on supply while you get yourself logged back in.

Remember, you can login to your MyBoost account via desktop here, if you're really struggling to get on to the app and to the local pay-point!

Hope this helps,

Bradley 

Hi. Today the engineering install the smart meter energie and gas (they changed the meters). I download the app and I write my email address and I wait to receive the email to fix the password, but I don't receive enithing. I try and try again all day and it's doesn't work. I'm doing this for the first time and I don't know why doesn't work. Thank you

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @OanaPop,

I moved your question to this topic as this one is better suited to help you with your query.

Check out the info above and this should hopefully help you get logged in asap.

Let me know how you get on,

Bradley