Solved

My cancellation not gone through - what do I do now?

• 10 May 2019
  • 4 replies

To say I am fuming is putting it mildly. I had a lovely young man come to my home to get me to change to boost, which I agreed to do. However after reading bad reviews amd finding out you do not provide emergency credit I tried to cancel it. I went to the website after a couple of days, filled in the online form saying that I wished to cancel. I assumed (wrongly) that would be all I had to do. A week later or so later on May 1st I get a top up card through the post, I called up straight away and told the man on phone I had cancelled it so was not happy that I was getting told I'm still switching. He said so sorry I will cancel it for you now ( I was within the 14 day cool off) he assured me it was cancelled. Today I notice that all my credit from my smart metre was gone and in its place it was saying estimated bill. Of course I am in a panic as I have a baby and pets that require electricity to survive. I looked through my meter and it is saying my supplier is OVO which is Boost....what the heck?????

Why wasn't it cancelled???? Why did you steal my credit????

I cannot call them until morning!!!!
icon

Best answer by Ed_Boost 13 May 2019, 10:55

I'm really sorry to hear this, @tlk72.

I'd certainly advise contacting us on 0330 102 7517, so that we can discuss all the options available to you.

We're open 8 am - 8 pm on Monday - Friday, and 9 am-1 pm on a Saturday.

Thanks,
Ed
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
I'm really sorry to hear this, @tlk72.

I'd certainly advise contacting us on 0330 102 7517, so that we can discuss all the options available to you.

We're open 8 am - 8 pm on Monday - Friday, and 9 am-1 pm on a Saturday.

Thanks,
Ed
After much stress I have it sorted. I did cancel both gas and elec but gas somehow managed to still be taken over by boost. My elec is still with old supplier. Boost has however credited my meter while it's being sorted. Thanks
Userlevel 3
Badge
Hi @tlk72 ,

Thanks for keeping us updated and I do hope this all gets sorted out for you asap!

Cheers.
Userlevel 1
Let that be a lesson. Never believe a salesman who turns up at your door.