Solved

I've received a new electricity card, but I can't insert it into the meter?

• 3 May 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Im a new customer and have my electric card the letter says to activate put it in card slot on meter and it will activate card my problem is my electric meter doesn't have a card slot how do I go about activating my card now
icon

Best answer by Ed_Boost 6 May 2019, 12:37

Hi @Damiengedge ,

It sounds like you have a smart meter. If that's the case, you don't need to register your new electricity card.

The electricity card should say 'Electricity Payment Card', or 'Energy Payment Card', with a long, 19 digit card number on the front.

Just go and top it up at the shops and it'll remotely move the credit onto the meter.

If you have an electricity key, which looks like a USB stick, then you'll need to get in contact with us at hello@boostpower.co.uk, or via Facebook or Twitter, so we can get the right one out to you.

Thanks,
Ed
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @Damiengedge ,

It sounds like you have a smart meter. If that's the case, you don't need to register your new electricity card.

The electricity card should say 'Electricity Payment Card', or 'Energy Payment Card', with a long, 19 digit card number on the front.

Just go and top it up at the shops and it'll remotely move the credit onto the meter.

If you have an electricity key, which looks like a USB stick, then you'll need to get in contact with us at hello@boostpower.co.uk, or via Facebook or Twitter, so we can get the right one out to you.

Thanks,
Ed
Userlevel 1
Badge
???
Userlevel 1
Badge

Userlevel 3
Badge
@Riley2811 I've moved your query here, check out our Best Answer for more info! ☺